+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry CEC Inland vs Outland

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,
Can someone advise and help me on my case, as I am in a lost.

I've received my ITA for CEC in February and actually I am in the midst of uploading my documents for the submission of the PR application. I have been working in Alberta for 13 months and pending for renewal last year. As it takes quite a while for the LMIA approval, hence I have returned to my country. After waiting for almost 8 months, there is no news and my kind employer re-apply the LMIA again. But the bad news is that my 2nd application for my LMIA for my offered job in Canada was declined two days ago.

No reasons was given for the rejection. I am worrying that will this issue affects my PR application? Can somebody help??? As I am very worried now. Hope somebody can advise me what should I do now? Should I proceed the PR application and paid the charges or should I on hold?

Thanks in advance.

anthonyjr

Jan 19, 2014
Hi,

I've received my ITA for CEC in February and actually I am in the midst of uploading my documents for the submission of the PR application. I have been working in Alberta for 13 months and pending for renewal last year. As it takes quite a while for the LMIA approval, hence I have returned to my country. After waiting for almost 8 months, there is no news and my kind employer re-apply the LMIA again. But the bad news is that my 2nd application for my LMIA for my offered job in Canada was declined two days ago.

No reasons was given for the rejection. I am worrying that will this issue affects my PR application? Can somebody help??? As I am very worried now. Hope somebody can advise me what should I do now? Should I proceed the PR application and paid the charges or should I on hold?

Thanks in advance.
If you worked for 13 months you should meet the minimum criteria requirement. What are you worrying about?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

The LMIA application has nothing to do with YOU or your eligibility for immigration. Either your employer's LMIA application was deficient or the claim that they couldn't hire a Canadian was not credible. LMIAs are hard to get, so don't take it personally. It is unfortunate, but it should have no impact on your PR application.

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you for your advice, it just boosted my day. Hopefully it should be the way we are thinking. Nonetheless, I will proceed with my application soon. Once again, Thanks.

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you for your advice, it just boosted my day. Hopefully it should be the way we are thinking. Nonetheless, I will proceed with my application soon. Once again, Thanks.

BTW one more question, my mum and i bought a house in Calgary under our Joint names during her visit last year. Since the house is under both names, must I declare this mortgage loan during my application or just my Proof of fund will do? Sorry to have such complicated question, hopefully someone can advise too. TIA.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
BTW one more question, my mum and i bought a house in Calgary under our Joint names during her visit last year. Since the house is under both names, must I declare this mortgage loan during my application or just my Proof of fund will do? Sorry to have such complicated question, hopefully someone can advise too. TIA.
??? You posted in the CEC forum. If you apply under CEC, you do not have to show proof of funds.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

lanian57

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
??? You posted in the CEC forum. If you apply under CEC, you do not have to show proof of funds.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Curios about this issue, I was invited under CEC and have a Job offered in Alberta, but my LMIA was declined two days ago, so that means I do not have a valid job offer. But some members said that I will still need to show Proof of Funds if I do not hold an Job.

It puzzling me too.