+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry application Visa fee

Hilly Davids

Aug 8, 2017
My children are American citizens, are they also required to pay for the EE Visa application fee. If so or not, does anyone have a supporting link so I can read that up. Thanks

Hilly Davids

Aug 8, 2017
But still isn't clarified..because from what I read there, it says American citizens are exempt from visa fee so long as u have a valid eTA based...also based on d NAFTA policy. But didn't say if applies to permanent residency too

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
isn't eTA for temporary travels and not permanent try calling them i guess or search the forums. i seriously doubt immigration fees would be waved for american citizens
But still isn't clarified..because from what I read there, it says American citizens are exempt from visa fee so long as u have a valid eTA based...also based on d NAFTA policy. But didn't say if applies to permanent residency too

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
My children are American citizens, are they also required to pay for the EE Visa application fee. If so or not, does anyone have a supporting link so I can read that up. Thanks
To which fees are you speaking, specifically? There isn't a EE visa fee (the one-time entry visa (counterfoil) that is placed in passports of approved persons from non-visa-exempt countries, to allow them to enter Canada so they can 'claim' their PR, doesn't have a fee - as long as your application is approved, you get it free of charge.)

The 'fees' associated with the Express Entry process are as follows, and the 2 'big' ones - the Application Processing Cost Recovery Fee and the 'Right to Permanent Residence' Fee - are applicable to everyone applying, regardless of citizenship...

Costs/Fees Associated with Applying for PR under Express Entry

EE Profile Expenses
Expect to spend anywhere from CAD$500 - $2,000 getting your ECA and language test results, depending on which assessment organization you select, how many credentials you need assessed, which language test you choose to take, and in which country, and how often you have to take the test (or have results re-evaluated) to get decent results. If you have a spouse, and plan to have his/her educational degrees assessed and have him/her take a language test to increase your CRS Score, you'll need to consider the costs for him/her as well. The rest of the Express Entry profile has no associated cost.

Application Completion Expenses
If you get an ITA, and choose to submit an eAPR, there will also be costs associated with collecting the documents you need for the eAPR, including but not limited to medical exam fees, the fees to obtain police clearance certificates, and any fees to obtain letters from your financial institutions to show proof of funds. These costs vary by person, depending on their particular application (and the resulting required documents) and where they live. (I personally paid approximately CAD$300 to get all of my documents together).

Application Processing Cost Recovery Fee and the 'Right to Permanent Residence' Fee (RPRF)
If you submit an eAPR, you will have to pay at least CAD$1040 (more if you have dependents accompanying you). This represents the application processing cost recovery fee and the 'Right to Permanent Residence' Fee (RPRF). The application processing cost recovery fee must be paid at the time of submitting your application, but the RPRF can be paid at a later point during your application’s processing; IRCC will contact you if and when you need to pay this.

FSW Applicants’ Required Settlement Funds
To be eligible for FSW, (unless you have VALID arranged employment in Canada WITH a valid labour market impact assessment (LMIA) if your job isn't LMIA-exempt), you will also need to prove that you have at least CAD$12,300 in available, unencumbered funds to settle adequately in Canada (and this amount can't be obtained through procuring a loan). If you have dependents, you have to show more, depending on how many dependents you have, even if they're not accompanying you to Canada. (CEC applicants do not need to provide proof of settlement funds).

All in all, the entire process will cost between approximately CAD$1,800 - CAD$3,500 (for a single applicant with no dependents), and most FSW applicants will need to be able to show at least an additional CAD$12,300 in available, unencumbered funds to satisfy the settlement funds requirement (for a single applicant with no dependents).

Reactions: chrisp_60