+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry application (skilled immigrant) rejected for no apparent reason ?

vsenicourt

Dec 19, 2015
Hello everybody (and Merry Christmas or whatever this season brings you :) !).

I don't know who to ask so I'm hoping to get a bit of help from here, as a significant number of people managed to get their Express Entry application through, on CIC. Currently, my applications are automatically rejected for "I'm not eligible" according to the system, although I meet all the criteria.

However the automatically generated pdf / email that tells me so does not give me any particular reason : it just lists a couple possible ones… but none of them should apply. Lastly, my application itself on CIC doesn't contain more information, it just says "not met" in front of "eligibility".

So I'm thinking that there must be some format error in my application : some information not entered or processed properly by the system.
What I'm hoping for is for you to give me your opinion on the matter, or check your own "valid" Express Entry application and tell me how you entered things.
I got a few leads down there if you have a minute to spare, even if you just feel like answering one single question!

==========================================

- Can you tell me whats the minimum amount of funds (in CAD) required, or at least what is "enough" ? (if its a sensitive information to you, you can always private message me if you wish)

- I had my credential assessments from CES (University of Toronto). All I have is a reference number ("Ref #") of the form CIC-012345678-XXX (3 letters, a hyphen, 9 digits, a hyphen, 3 letters). The application doesn't have the little "help" thing when it comes to how to enter that on CIC.
If you were provided with documents issued by CES, what did you enter in your application?

- For a qualifying NOC, I listed 2 work experiences. One is an old one, and accounts for 8 months.
The second one, I declared as my current job (so the "ending date" on the application doesn't show) and started 10 months ago and is ongoing.
The sum of both these experiences accounts for already a year and a half, but if for some reason the system doesn't count my "current job" then it's down to less than a year, which is probably a problem. Do you think it's possible the system didn't process information related to my "current job" properly ? Did it work on -your- application ?

- Is there anybody (email / phone number) I can contact for this kind of problem ?

============================================

Thank you very much for having a minute to spare and help : I really don't know who to seek help from, and I know you're probably the best crowd to ask.

Cheers !!

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vsenicourt said:
Hello everybody (and Merry Christmas or whatever this season brings you :) !).

I don't know who to ask so I'm hoping to get a bit of help from here, as a significant number of people managed to get their Express Entry application through, on CIC. Currently, my applications are automatically rejected for "I'm not eligible" according to the system, although I meet all the criteria.

However the automatically generated pdf / email that tells me so does not give me any particular reason : it just lists a couple possible ones… but none of them should apply. Lastly, my application itself on CIC doesn't contain more information, it just says "not met" in front of "eligibility".

So I'm thinking that there must be some format error in my application : some information not entered or processed properly by the system.
What I'm hoping for is for you to give me your opinion on the matter, or check your own "valid" Express Entry application and tell me how you entered things.
I got a few leads down there if you have a minute to spare, even if you just feel like answering one single question!

==========================================

- Can you tell me whats the minimum amount of funds (in CAD) required, or at least what is "enough" ? (if its a sensitive information to you, you can always private message me if you wish)

- I had my credential assessments from CES (University of Toronto). All I have is a reference number ("Ref #") of the form CIC-012345678-XXX (3 letters, a hyphen, 9 digits, a hyphen, 3 letters). The application doesn't have the little "help" thing when it comes to how to enter that on CIC.
If you were provided with documents issued by CES, what did you enter in your application?

- For a qualifying NOC, I listed 2 work experiences. One is an old one, and accounts for 8 months.
The second one, I declared as my current job (so the "ending date" on the application doesn't show) and started 10 months ago and is ongoing.
The sum of both these experiences accounts for already a year and a half, but if for some reason the system doesn't count my "current job" then it's down to less than a year, which is probably a problem. Do you think it's possible the system didn't process information related to my "current job" properly ? Did it work on -your- application ?

- Is there anybody (email / phone number) I can contact for this kind of problem ?

============================================

Thank you very much for having a minute to spare and help : I really don't know who to seek help from, and I know you're probably the best crowd to ask.

Cheers !!
If the NOC of you first and second jobs are different, your profile will be not eligible. You must have one year continuous full time work experience in your "Primary NOC" to be eligible.

Regarding Fund, minimum $11,931 (Canadian Dollars) for single applicant.

vsenicourt

Dec 19, 2015
Thank you for your answer, Shipper !

If I got it right, I'm missing the "continuous" part : the sum of my experiences for that NOC exceeds a year and a half (8 months in the past, a break in-between, and 10 ongoing months), but I need it to be composed of at least one full -continuous- (uninterrupted?) year to be part of it ?
I hope that explains everything. If you or anybody can confirm me that's the case, that would be great.

For those who had ECA assessment from CES, I'm still curious about the answer :)

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vsenicourt said:
Thank you for your answer, Shipper !

If I got it right, I'm missing the "continuous" part : the sum of my experiences for that NOC exceeds a year and a half (8 months in the past, a break in-between, and 10 ongoing months), but I need it to be composed of at least one full -continuous- (uninterrupted?) year to be part of it ?
I hope that explains everything. If you or anybody can confirm me that's the case, that would be great.

For those who had ECA assessment from CES, I'm still curious about the answer :)

The response provided by the first person is very correct concerning your NOC. It is tantamount to you scoring zero under work experience. If CES is one of the listed organizations to evaluate education credentials, then there should not be issue with your report.

You should know if it has to do with your money by just checking if the total amount in your bank statements is up to and even more than the expected.

Did this happen after you have been nominated by a province and you got ITA or after getting ITA through another means or just the first stage of no ITA yet?

vsenicourt

Dec 19, 2015
Hello again,

I have no ITA, I was just desperately trying to get into the Entree Express pool, which is now the case as Shipper pointed out what was wrong with my former applications. Problem solved !

Now, even before receiving an ITA I need to try to have my fingerprints taken for the FBI, as I lived in the US for a year, and Express Entry will require a "police certificate" from them…
It's not gonna be easy.