+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry application cancelled

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Hi,
I am looking for some advice. I had applied and was invited to apply last year and submitted my application in October. I received a message yesterday that my application was cancelled as the police certificate was obtained in end-2015, but I has been in the UK until July of this year ( I am here on a TfL work permit). Can I appeal, and send the updated police certificate? Due to change in the criteria, I now only have 420 points, my LMIA expired in November, and I have not been given the 200 points for employment in Canada.
Someone please help and advise.
Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

You applied October 2016 but you got the police certificate by the end of 2015? Were you living in the UK throughout 2016?

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Thanks, Del, for your reply. Here is the full story: I have had this job offer since 2015, and was due to come over then on a work visa after a successful LMIA. However due to an error made by the employer's immigration cousel, this LMIA was voluntarily revoked by the employer, the counsel was fired and another appointed (to get me into Canada), and a fresh LMIA application, and its issuance took over another 6 months. My Police certificate was issued on 13/10/2015. (Note:I was invited to apply for PR before based on 600 points of the employer's old LMIA, and I could not apply on the basis of that as it was voluntarily withdrawn). I came to Canada on the basis of the new LMIA in July, 2016, applied for EE, got invited (again), and applied. (The Police certificate should be valid until 15 October, and I applied before that date).
There you go....

KR
PeeGee

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
peegee100 said:
Thanks, Del, for your reply. Here is the full story: I have had this job offer since 2015, and was due to come over then on a work visa after a successful LMIA. However due to an error made by the employer's immigration cousel, this LMIA was voluntarily revoked by the employer, the counsel was fired and another appointed (to get me into Canada), and a fresh LMIA application, and its issuance took over another 6 months. My Police certificate was issued on 13/10/2015. (Note:I was invited to apply for PR before based on 600 points of the employer's old LMIA, and I could not apply on the basis of that as it was voluntarily withdrawn). I came to Canada on the basis of the new LMIA in July, 2016, applied for EE, got invited (again), and applied. (The Police certificate should be valid until 15 October, and I applied before that date).
There you go....

KR
PeeGee
Actually since the UK wasn't your country of residence anymore: "For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country."

After moving to Canada you should have obtained a new police certificate which included your residence in the UK up to July 2016, since you failed to do this rejection was expected.

My guess is that you took for granted that your PCC was still valid because of the expiry date on the actual certificate (which is irrelevant under CIC's eyes if you don't follow what I quoted above.)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Thanks, Del.. any recourse for an appeal?
The problem is that now I have only 417 points.. and that may not be enough for an ITA....

Any advice please?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try sending a CSE to see if they will re-open your application but to be honest I don't think they will do so.

Other than that work on increasing your score.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I had my first application rejected in November due to an issue with the PCC. I sent them a CSE w/ the correct document attached and they refused to reopen. You'll have to re-create your profile and wait for a new invitation.

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Thanks, mgnkly.
I have already done that, but have scored only 417 points. I dont think that would be enough to get an ITA, looking at the history of the draws so far.

regards
Peegee.