+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Application Cancelled Wrongly

jbachhal

Jun 30, 2020
Hi all,

IRCC recently increased their application fees and since I applied on May 5th, I was required to pay the previous amount of $1,040 for my Processing Fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee and then pay the difference of $285 at a later date when I was requested to. I received a letter on June 11, 2020 asking me to pay the difference and upload the receipt to my MyCIC account by June 21, 2020. I paid the fees and uploaded the receipt to my application on the same day.

I woke up today to an update saying my Express Entry (Canadian Experience Class) application had been cancelled due to missing documents - Additional Payment/Fees.

I filled out the web form and attached the payment receipt I got from the IRCC on June 11 as proof.

Has something like this happened to someone else? What are the chances that the same application can be reopened?

Thanks,
Jannat

jbachhal

Jun 30, 2020
It happens. You have to submit the webform and ask for reconsideration.

Thanks for the reply.

I submitted the webform. Hopefully they'll reconsider. If the application is still cancelled, I'll just be resubmitting the exact same information and documents, and that just seems like a waste of their time and resources (and mine, of course). ‍♂

ClairrreXu

May 23, 2018
Hi, have you received my response from IRCC.
I have a same situation and sumitted the webform couple days ago

shirishkota

Aug 30, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

I submitted the webform. Hopefully they'll reconsider. If the application is still cancelled, I'll just be resubmitting the exact same information and documents, and that just seems like a waste of their time and resources (and mine, of course). ‍♂
So does cancellation mean IRCC won't be working on your application anymore? And does the IRCC refund complete fees or deducts the processing fees in such case?

jbachhal

Jun 30, 2020
So does cancellation mean IRCC won't be working on your application anymore? And does the IRCC refund complete fees or deducts the processing fees in such case?
I think yes, cancellation means they will no longer work on my application. They'll keep the processing fee and return the Right of Permanent Residence Fee.

jbachhal

Jun 30, 2020
Me neither
I submitted the application again by using a new account
I am wondering will the physical exam expire? Can I use the previous one?
I don't wanna spend money again on it
I could be wrong but as far as I know the medical exam is valid for a year.

jbachhal

Jun 30, 2020
Hi, have you received my response from IRCC.
I have a same situation and sumitted the webform couple days ago
I received a reply from them a few days ago that said that they had verified the information I sent them and that they would forward my letter to the responsible office.

Today I received an email notification saying that my application was updated. Under latest update, it says that I passed the medical exam on July 8th, and that the application is 35% complete. So it looks like my application is open again.

ClairrreXu

May 23, 2018
I received a reply from them a few days ago that said that they had verified the information I sent them and that they would forward my letter to the responsible office.

Today I received an email notification saying that my application was updated. Under latest update, it says that I passed the medical exam on July 8th, and that the application is 35% complete. So it looks like my application is open again.
Congrat!

Ewok Girl

Jul 14, 2020

Hi! I had the exact same thing happen to me. I've filled in two web forms and each time the reply simply says "we can verify that it was not received by the responsible office" but they don't say how it can be resolved. They have since refunded some of our money and I sent them another webform yesterday.

Did they refund some of your money before your application was updated?