+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

sokol8

Dec 3, 2015
Marquise2016 said:
Hello everyone,

I've recently received ITA and I'm now triyng my best to fill the online application.
Still, I've got some questions and probably you could help me (based on your experience):

1. The most important one is about travelling history: as far as I understand I have to mention the dates/places which I actually visited, not visas, right?

2. Also, in the majority of cases I had connected flights. Thus, for example I actually spent a week in Brussels, but according to customs stamps in my passport I arrived/departured from Vienna (flight was Kiev-Vienna-Brussels and same back). So, my question is which one should I mention: "entry" places or final destinations?
I mean, will those who are going to check my application be aware that such situation can happen or it is not common?

3. I have applied to Quebec program last year, but my docs were returned (not refused, but returned due some credit card issue). Should I put "no" in "have u applied to citizenship & imm Canada?"

4. After I update all fields in the application if I press "continue" will I have a chance to go back & change some info or not?

Also, probably u know about a resource where all these things are explained or call center I could ask (i mean some kind of official "hot line"), cause I found only phone for general enquiries, but they could not answer my questions

Anyway, I'm really hoping for your help

Thanks in advance
Hi Marquise2016

>> 1. The most important one is about travelling history: as far as I understand I have to mention the dates/places which I actually visited, not visas, right?

you should state all the places you actually visited - not visa stamps. At least that what's stated by CIC.
Indeed inside Schengen Area there's no borders thus no stamps, thus nobody can prove where you were exactly. But from the legal point of view you should be stating where you were.

>> 3. I have applied to Quebec program last year, but my docs were returned (not refused, but returned due some credit card issue). Should I put "no" in "have u applied to citizenship & imm Canada?

Did you get a UCI and Application number?

Generally I would state - YES, and explain details in an Letter of Explanation attached to the application.

You want CIC to have as little reasons to reject your application as possible.
Also remember - misrepresentation during the immigration process (whatever it can be) can bar you from entering Canada for 5 years.

>> 4. After I update all fields in the application if I press "continue" will I have a chance to go back & change some info or not?

You will have a chance to go back and correct it until you Sign and Submit the application. You won't miss this step. After that the application sections will get locked.

>> Also, probably u know about a resource where all these things are explained or call center I could ask (i mean some kind of official "hot line"), cause I found only phone for general enquiries, but they could not answer my questions

There's no such a resource except this forum and other forums online. Also there's a ton of information on CIC site which is pretty precise if you read it carefully.

There's no call centre - CIC doesn't talk to applicants on phone. If you hire a good immigration lawyer - he can answer all your questions and provide good suggestions.

Actually I ended up hiring a lawyer to review my application and represent me in front of CIC after my first application got rejected.

Marquise2016

Mar 11, 2016
Dear Sokol8, thank you so much for answering and sharing your experience - it's very helpful!
I was wondering - are there other common pitfalls in the online applications?

Mar 17, 2016
Hi,

I think this question has been posted a number of times, but I have not seen the answer I am looking for.

Received
ITA 10/02/2016
Submitted Application 11/03/2016
request for Sch 4 documents

Smela

Mar 17, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Hope you all are doing good. I am new to this forum and i need help. Can someone please help me? I deleted and updated the EE profile and but when i try to validate it with job bank its continuously gives me an error,
It says "technical error, try again later or contact us"
Its been almost 3 weeks now that I am facing this issue.
Due to this my EE Profile is still pending:(
Is someone else having this problem?
Any idea how to fix it?
Tried contacting job bank through email but it's useless as i got no reply Sad
Really stressed.

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
Smela said:
Hello Everyone,
Hope you all are doing good. I am new to this forum and i need help. Can someone please help me? I deleted and updated the EE profile and but when i try to validate it with job bank its continuously gives me an error,
It says "technical error, try again later or contact us"
Its been almost 3 weeks now that I am facing this issue.
Due to this my EE Profile is still pending:(
Is someone else having this problem?
Any idea how to fix it?
Tried contacting job bank through email but it's useless as i got no reply Sad
Really stressed. X
Create new EE profile

askaan305

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
SAUDI ARABIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
58 Members Exclusively PEI Nominated WhatsApp GROUP

Dear All,
We have PEI group with 58+ members on board; some of them are already landed in PEI and helps in passing ground info.
This group holds only PEI nominated members and with submitted application to CIC also, if you are interested to be part of this global group please contact me @ 966535304092

bcpnp2015

Aug 19, 2015
Cookiedough12 said:
Hi Everyone,

My time line :

PNP Inland
ITA : 06/01/2016
AOR : 18/01/2016
Medical Passed : 26/01/2016
Schedule 4/4a request : 27/01/2016 , submitted 28/1/2016
Schedule A request : 04/02/2016 , submitted 04/02/2016
RCMP finger prints request : 04/02/2016, submitted 15/02/2016
B/G in progress from 26/1/2016 until now

Is that normal that B/G still in process ? is he supposed to turn to not needed at this time after a couple of weeks ?a little bit worried about it

hey! Any update after that?

Cookiedough12

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
30-01-2017
bcpnp2015 said:
hey! Any update after that?
no,still the same, no change

Dec 23, 2015
hello friends, i have a query, regarding the documents required for pr after ita for my spouse. i am the primary applicant. my husband is on student visa in canada till september 2016. if i get an ita. do i need to submit his pcc and medicals also.if yes please help me with process.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
swati6286@yahoo.in said:
hello friends, i have a query, regarding the documents required for pr after ita for my spouse. i am the primary applicant. my husband is on student visa in canada till september 2016. if i get an ita. do i need to submit his pcc and medicals also.if yes please help me with process.
Yes, you need to get PCC and Medicals for your spouse. Please refer to this link for more details http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

sokol8

Dec 3, 2015
Marquise2016 said:
Dear Sokol8, thank you so much for answering and sharing your experience - it's very helpful!
I was wondering - are there other common pitfalls in the online applications?
I'm sharing only my limited experience and humble knowledge. If you dig more through this forum you may find plethora of cases.

What I did, based on some previous immigration experience and suggestions of my lawyer:
1) if you have more than a single document supplied per section (e.g. 2 passports, proof of work related things comprised of multiple items, police clearance etc), you rather compile a pdf document with Table Of Contents listing all the documents included.

In my first rejection one of the reasons was allegedly missing document, which was in fact there.

2) "Трудовая книжка" is loved by CIC for proving your work experience, if you have one.

3) I added Letter of Explanation adding comments to all my work experience, especially for those jobs that were done as a Private Entrepreneur. I had references from my employers but still felt it was better to explain some details which could seem dubious.

4) Beware, that max size of the PDF you can upload per section is 3.5Mb so you need to use some kind of PDF compressing tool. I used this one pdfcompressor.com but there're others available as well.

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hello Everyone,

First of all I wanted to thank everyone for the information shared on this forum. It is very helpful to navigate the PR process.

I want to share the good news that I have received a stamped passport with a single entry PR visa valid upto Aug 27.

I am not sure how to proceed with the next steps and was hoping anyone could guide me as the immigration websites don't list a series of steps from this point.

My first question - The PR Card:

1. Is it necessary for me to wait in Canada unemployed until I receive the PR card? I was planning to land in Canada before my visa expiry to complete the COPR process and initiate the PR Card process. I was planning to leave Canada after landing and then fly back in early next year. The card can be delivered to a relative's address in Canada. Is this okay? How do I get the travel document for returning as a PR when I come back the second time?

2. Can I initiate the Social Insurance Number process in parallel to the PR Card process immediately after landing? How can I get more information on this process?

3. What additional ID's should I have made immediately to start settling in Canada asap?

My second question - Proof of funds:

At landing in Canada, do I need to show the same documents I showed at the time of application submission? I only intend to stay in Canada for a week on my first visit and thought bringing 2k CDN should more than suffice. How else am I supposed to satisfy the immigration officer?

If anyone has more thoughts on how I should proceed, please let me know. Up to now, the process was set in stone. Now it's just confusing.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ms453 said:
Hello Everyone,

First of all I wanted to thank everyone for the information shared on this forum. It is very helpful to navigate the PR process.

I want to share the good news that I have received a stamped passport with a single entry PR visa valid upto Aug 27.

I am not sure how to proceed with the next steps and was hoping anyone could guide me as the immigration websites don't list a series of steps from this point.

My first question - The PR Card:

1. Is it necessary for me to wait in Canada unemployed until I receive the PR card? I was planning to land in Canada before my visa expiry to complete the COPR process and initiate the PR Card process. I was planning to leave Canada after landing and then fly back in early next year. The card can be delivered to a relative's address in Canada. Is this okay? How do I get the travel document for returning as a PR when I come back the second time?

2. Can I initiate the Social Insurance Number process in parallel to the PR Card process immediately after landing? How can I get more information on this process?

3. What additional ID's should I have made immediately to start settling in Canada asap?

My second question - Proof of funds:

At landing in Canada, do I need to show the same documents I showed at the time of application submission? I only intend to stay in Canada for a week on my first visit and thought bringing 2k CDN should more than suffice. How else am I supposed to satisfy the immigration officer?

If anyone has more thoughts on how I should proceed, please let me know. Up to now, the process was set in stone. Now it's just confusing.
1. No its not necessary and people do it all the time. However, don't try explicitly telling CBSA upon landing that this is your plan. Your relative can mail your card to you through some reliable means. However, do know that if it gets lost it is your own risk and you would have to apply for a new card or travel document at Canadian embassy in home country and can only come back once you have it.

2. You should get SIN right away after doing landing. It can be done with a COPR and takes an hour at any service Canada office. Some relevant information would be available on come to Canada website.

3. Some additional things you can (and should do are), get registration for health card done, get a bank account and credit card (so you start building credit history) at the minimum.

Many people who are not already here, do landing first, and all above things, then go back and come again in a year's time or so according to their own plans.

What else you get done is totally your choice and needs. If you have to get through driver's license exchange process, it might be a good idea to get it done soon. However, unless it is a straight exchange (i.e. you are from a country which have a treaty with Canada and you do not require written + road test), the process could take some time - a few weeks to months.

Proof of Funds:
You need to show CBSA your proof of funds. Same amount that you claimed in your express entry profile. Either in a bank account that can be used in Canada, traveler cheques, cash whatever. Not producing POF at the time of landing can even result in serious issues. So don't take it lightly. A good idea might be to get a bank draft that you CAN cash in Canada and take it back with you and liquidate if you want. However, upon landing you should be carrying it. Or you can carry all cash and take it back with you. But upon being asked by CBSA you should be able to produce proof of having funds in Canada in your possession. Any thing less, and you are in trouble. If you carry cash over 10k CAD you have to declare it on your disembarkment card (that you fill in plane 15 minutes before landing with things like your purpose of trip, address in Canada, what you are bringing along etc.)

SFMS

Feb 16, 2016
Hi All,

Express entry profile created 16/07/2015
ITA received 23/12/2015
Documents submitted 25/01/2016

Up-till now i didn't recieve the AOR is that normal?? I feel it is taking too long.

Please advise.

Thanks

Virab555

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Hi guys.
My question relates to Schedule A. IRCC requested me to submit educational/personal history of Schedule A for the period of March 2006-March 2011, which is less than 10 years.
However, when looking at Schedule A I noticed that there are parts for military service, government service. Do you think I should complete only personal/educational parts, or also military and government parts as well.