+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

JBQCanada

Jul 8, 2015
Hi,

Can you please tell me what happened with your case?

aliencalling911 said:
Hi!! I just joined this forum but I was following it for sometime now. I am inland applicant applying from Montreal/Quebec. I created my EE profile on January 14th and got the ITA on March 27th. I completed my application and uploaded my documents by April 15th.

I knew that EE was not present in Quebec as the province has its own system for skilled workers but I had applied to it because I wanted to move to Toronto. All along I knew at one point during the process that CIC will contact me to ask me about the move since I was living and working in Montreal and I was transparent about that in my application & I mentioned I wanted to move to Mississauga/Toronto as I have family there but I though it would midway through the process or earlier and will give me enough time to react. Anyways, long story short today I got this communication from CIC:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa.
I have almost completed the assessment of your application for permanent residence in the Federal skilled worker Class category.
The Federal skilled worker Class is a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their experience in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the province of Quebec.
Temporary Foreign Workers and foreign graduates who want to stay in Quebec do not qualify under the Federal skilled worker Class. Under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration, Quebec establishes its own immigration requirements and selects immigrants who will adapt well to living in Quebec.
Next steps
Please respond to this email with written evidence that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec in order for me to make a final decision on your application. Your application number must be included in the subject line of your response. I note that you are currently employed and residing in Montreal, Quebec.
You have 7 days from the date of this letter to upload the requested information on your MyCIC account. If you choose not to respond with this information, it may result in the refusal of your application.
Regards,
"

I was wondering if anyone here knows what does CIC mean by "Written Evidence that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec"? Do they want like a signed letter from telling them I am moving there or they want to see that I've been applying to jobs in Toronto or if I already have a job offer and I'm moving? Am a bit confused as what do I need to send them as I'm still in Montreal and I only have a week to reply.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
JBQCanada said:
Hi,

Can you please tell me what happened with your case?
Hi,

I cannot tell what specifically happened in case of the person you quoted. But i can tell you other things useful in this regard.

Usually you need to show more than just a letter saying the intent. Showing evidence of applying for jobs out of province is one. Having actually moved by that time (showing lease, bills etc. is another because it was possible in the pre EE system (After getting AOR you can get health care from out of province).

For EE i can tell you of a few recent scenarios that have been successful.

I work for an employer which has offices in Montreal and Gatineau. 90% of people who work in Gatineau actually live in Ottawa.

One employee applied via EE saying that he would move to Ontario on july 1 and attached employer's letter that he can work in Gatineau office. His PR was approved after july, i guess in august or some thing. He had already updated his docs with new address. So he never received any such letter as above and got PR via EE while having lived and worked in Montreal office and applied CEC via EE, some time in March 2015.

Another employee living and working in Gatineau, applied in march stating that he would move by Feb 2016 at the end of his lease to Ontario and continue to work at Gatineau office. He also included something like proof of not receiving family doctor in gatineau which he could get relatively easily in ontario. He never got questioned and he PR was approved while living in Gatineau. There are still about 5 months left in his planned date of moving out of Quebec.

Yet another one who received a new job offer based on LMIA from an Ontario employer simply used the new job offer and LMIA with his EE application. Again he never got any kind of question and completed his PR process swiftly while using quebec address and 1 year experience from quebec employer.

Hope that helps.

jagsisingh

May 10, 2015
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
Hi,

I am currently in Ontario on Closed work permit and already created EE profile but I can apply through FSW only as i have been here for 6 months.
Now when I saw cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp it says that "You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec."
Actually I am trying to get LMIA job offer and if I am lucky enough I will get it from Montreal Employer but then will it not be considered to give me 600 points so I can get ITA to apply for PR.

It seems to be confusing me now. Please let me know.

abinash1998

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jagsisingh said:
Hi,

I am currently in Ontario on Closed work permit and already created EE profile but I can apply through FSW only as i have been here for 6 months.
Now when I saw cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp it says that "You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec."
Actually I am trying to get LMIA job offer and if I am lucky enough I will get it from Montreal Employer but then will it not be considered to give me 600 points so I can get ITA to apply for PR.

[/quote

Hello in quebec they have their own rule for applying pr but in ur current situation if you are working in atlist skill level B with lmia base workpermit, you dont need to go anywhere and better u can ask ur current employer new job offer of atlist 1 year and this way u can get 600 points.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
abinash1998 said:
jagsisingh said:
Hi,

Hello in quebec they have their own rule for applying pr but in ur current situation if you are working in atlist skill level B with lmia base workpermit, you dont need to go anywhere and better u can ask ur current employer new job offer of atlist 1 year and this way u can get 600 points.
OP is looking for an LMIA based job, which basically means he currently does not have one. May be his closed work permit is LMIA exempt or he does not expect his current wp to last long enough to complete one year for CEC eligibility (though i don't know why he doesn't apply FSW still).

To the OP, obviously if you intend to live in QC, you cannot use an LMIA from there to move outside of QC. However, you can get that LMIA and work permit, move there and when you plan to leave QC, you can apply for EE and will get 600 points based upon LMIA based wp as long as WP is valid. You just have to show grounds of moving out of QC then.

For quebec based pr programs irrespective of what qualifications you have, either you need advanced intermediate proficiency in french and apply via PEQ

OR

you take the regular skilled worker stream whose processing time combined could reach 3 years (1-2 year getting CSQ first and then a year with PR application with CIC) with the unpredictability that you will be called for an interview (because of no french) and would be assessed if you are really serious about settling in Quebec (which means you should still speak SOME french) to convince them. All in all it is case officer's opinion dependent.

UK2C

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
ITA Mar 27 (FSW inland)
AOR May 15
Jun 2 Passport scanned request
Jun 8 RCMP request
Aug 14 ECAS In Process from Application Received
Sep 15 Schedule A request (Page 1 ONLY)
Sep 18 ECAS DM
Sep 25 PPR via email at 10:24 EST (NOT via mycic)

Waiting ends finally and many thanks for your suggestions & instructions at all times...look forward to more & more PPR from you guys...

zsv2015

Feb 1, 2015
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
Today is a 6 months since my AOR. I'm waiting mote than a 180 days. And I don't have even a single update.

The CIC agent told me that there is no maximum processing time for an Express Entry. She send a note to the officer about my case and it could take 90 days till the officer receive it. And even this will not give me any explanations, because it'll be in they system and I'll not get any feedback. The agent refused to admit that there is a mistake in my file. She said it's absolutely normal and there are no cases with errors or mistakes in Express Entry at all.

Maybe it will help if I write to newspaper and make this case public? Do you know any journalists who can be interested in writing about it?

Admission

Sep 29, 2011
I got my ITA on 31st Jan and my application was submitted on 31st March. My ecas status changed to "In Process" on 7th August and since then I have been waiting. My 6 months are completed on 30th Sept. The schedule A document was requested from me long time ago. Please let me know if someone from the first pool or around the same timeline is still waiting. I applied for FSW fron Inside Canada.

Its really frustrating the wait and looking forward. What if I leave the country and wait in my home country. I am on a work permit and applied for a BOWP.

Thanks,

JustCanada

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Manila
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
16 September 2015-IELTS and 02 February 2016 -Bank Records & Payslips
AOR Received.
10 September 2015
Passport Req..
June 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 9, 2016 (To GOD be the glory!)
Anya654 said:
How could you have received your ITA on April 24 and submitted September 10. I thought they give you 60 days to submit from the ITA date?
My Apologies, My ITA is July 24, 2015.
Thank you for the comment.

grajdev382

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-07-2015
abinash1998 said:
Got ppr exactly after 4 month...

Good luck to everyone....

Many congratulations !!

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys if your ECAS shows Decision Made but no formal email is sent in myCIC, what does that mean? Can your application still be rejected?
I got DM on Sept. 27th in ECAS but nothing in myCIC so far.
My application details in ECAS have never changed, it still has 3 lines, nothing about the decision itself. I was never asked for additional documents either.

pk1988

May 21, 2015
katja2684 said:
Guys if your ECAS shows Decision Made but no formal email is sent in myCIC, what does that mean? Can your application still be rejected?
I got DM on Sept. 27th in ECAS but nothing in myCIC so far.
My application details in ECAS have never changed, it still has 3 lines, nothing about the decision itself. I was never asked for additional documents either.
I have the exact same timeline as you. AOR on May 6 and ECAS was changed to DM on Sept 27. Did not receive any correspondence on the decision yet. Hope for the best!!

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pk1988 said:
I have the exact same timeline as you. AOR on May 6 and ECAS was changed to DM on Sept 27. Did not receive any correspondence on the decision yet. Hope for the best!!
Oh wow that's strange:) I'll let you know if anything happens with my application. Did u apply as inland FSW?