+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

wendyluv

Star Member
May 15, 2015
dragon17Sky said:
I submitted a case specific enquiry and a call center agent asked me to forward the documents and explain my situation to address from below link
Since I already had the document ready next day I submitted everything next day of cancellation
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/sydney.asp
hi there,did you get response after sending message thru the case specific enquiry form?pls what address did you send the missing document to and after how many days was your file re opened,pls your response will be highly appreciated,thank you.

wendyluv

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Kumar1984 said:
Hi, DRAGON17 SKY I saw ur time line same wat happened to me I got It feb 7 , I submitted February 27 all my documents , I got refusal April 24 th saying that missing of proof of education but I submit my credential in my file ... , I send request notofication letter on 27th .. Still now no updates .. How many days did u get the reply back from cic.. After u send request for notification ... Let me know that will be helpful
Hi All

Previously my application was cancelled on the premise that I did not upload birth certificate and medical for non-accompanying children.
I could have uploaded them if they asked for it but throughout my application I was never asked to upload them.

So I submitted a case specific enquiry explaining the situation and also provided the missing documents after 2 days of cancellation.

Today I got a new message in my cancelled application that it has been reopened.

My medical is in Progress and Background check is also in progress.

I couldn't believe it, after all CIC does listen.

Hi kumar,i was lifted by your experience you shared here,i am in a similar situation,i applied for my pr last 2 weks and a week later cic wrote me that i didnt put my spouse ukraine police certificate(pcc) so they are cancelling my file. but funnily i did include the document only that it was put in another section of the application,i have sent the case specific enquiry to them last week friday and am hoping to hear from them soonest.please how long did it take for you to hear from them and they re opened your file?your response will be highly appreciated,thank you.

zsv2015

Feb 1, 2015
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
5 months and 1 week without updates at all.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
zsv2015 said:
This worries me... 1 month without any updates ??? ??? ???

bbleng1001

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
zsv2015 said:
Sorry to hear that. Are you under PNP EE or just CEC? What's your NOC?

http404

Aug 31, 2015
Raj19 said:
With ppr request there is also a form to be filled containing personal info of applicant and dependants like name, ht, etc. should this form be uploaded in mycic application or print out and send along with passport envelopes??
No need to put it in MYCIC, infact there would be no option there to upload it anyway. Print it out, fill it clearly in black ink and send it in along with the passport and the PPR request letter that came in. For your own records take a photocopy of every document you send it. Goodluck,

KSai

May 22, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I just got my PPR..!! :) :) :) NOC 2171 - 485 Points (Eligible for both CEC & FSW but got ITA under FSW)
Below is my Timeline

MyCIC -
ITA - 20 March, 2015
App Submitted - 09 April, 2015
Electronic AOR - 10 April, 2015
Medical Passed - 29 May, 2015
Background Check to In Progress - 29 May, 2015

ECAS - Three lines with wrong dates
Application Received - 29 May, 2015
In Process - 15 Aug, 2015
Decision Made - 29 Aug, 2015

PPR - 01 Sept, 2015

Throughout the journey, this forum has helped me calm my nerves & pass the difficult waiting phase...
Thank you all members for the information and support provided.

For those who are waiting, wish you all the very best..!! :)

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR May 25, Outlander

I was doing my religious check of ecas and MyCIC today and just noticed that my background check went to In Progress.

How long does the typical wait range after this?

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
sam_172452 said:
AOR May 25, Outlander

I was doing my religious check of ecas and MyCIC today and just noticed that my background check went to In Progress.

How long does the typical wait range after this?
Your BG changing to "in progress" is a positive sign. It would take longer for it to be completed depending on the length of your background, the time frame response from the persons contacted and also from what country you are applying from. Mine took about a month to get passed.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Righteous said:
Your BG changing to "in progress" is a positive sign. It would take longer for it to be completed depending on the length of your background, the time frame response from the persons contacted and also from what country you are applying from. Mine took about a month to get passed.
Thank you @Righteous!

Any idea of what they look into during the background checks?

Cheers

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
sam_172452 said:
Thank you @ Righteous!

Any idea of what they look into during the background checks?

Cheers
They most do security checks, bank statements and also employer check. I found from my former employer that CIC actually called him to find out about my previous experience with the company.

avantikrishnan

Apr 29, 2015
Righteous said:
They most do security checks, bank statements and also employer check. I found from my former employer that CIC actually called him to find out about my previous experience with the company.
Hi righteous,

Does CIC do background checks with the current company too? I had read somewhere that they do call up the current company to check on the same, but I was not sure of it.

Also, can somebody clarify whether they do background employer checks only for the principal applicant, or do they do for the Spouse too?

Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
avantikrishnan said:
Hi righteous,

Does CIC do background checks with the current company too? I had read somewhere that they do call up the current company to check on the same, but I was not sure of it.

Also, can somebody clarify whether they do background employer checks only for the principal applicant, or do they do for the Spouse too?

Thanks!
They do not call up employers for all the applicants. I believe they do it in a random fashion. IMO, they might call up spouse's employer too, no surprises there but its just more unlikely! PA's employment verification would be their priority.