27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015 at CIC Calgary
Ish_Canada said:
Pls note ** I have also created a separate thread for this information. But just wanted to share on this thread as i have shared all my progress updates here before: PR landing completed last week.
----------------------

we (me and my wife) went for my PR landing at Carway Border, alberta last week and officer put us in waiting room after being aggressive enough and stating that " this is NOT my job to immigrate you guys! Why didnt you take appointment from CIC why are you coming to border like this using a loophole in the system" take a seat and i will see what i can do whether today or tomorrow, I dont know. how much I will need. My job is to protect border, NOT to immigrate people like you who are not Legit travelers."
( What he meant was, we just hit U.S border and comeback and we are not an actual travel who is truly coming from U.S to canada to immigrate.

either ways, he warned us to tell all our friends AND anyone we know " DOnt come to carway border for you PR landing unless you are legal traveler crossing border. Ask people to go to coutts (24hrs) or cic offices for immigration"

So i just wanted to let you know. pls make a note of this.

We finally got the PR formalities done after 1 hour of questioning by the officer on duty.

Please let me know, if anyone of you need any info on this.

Thanks
Wow. Just wow. What a nasty way to welcome new permanent residents... When express entry was started for CEC... what were they hoping for? That the several thousands of CEC applicants approved for PR will spend several thousands of dollars more to leave the country and return just for these scumbags to feel happy? Who stopped Canada from employing lot of support staff to accommodate appointments at local CIC? Whose fault was it that local CIC offices have 2 to 3 months wait time? Why aren't these so called morons not sensitized about this and not expecting this? Do they have any idea about the stress and the money we have spent on these and the sleepless nights and the final trip to the border... is this how they treat honest, tax paying, clean history, really contributing people of Canada? They would rather deal with smugglers and legit travelers but not us? Since when is this not his job to NOT entertain a certain class of people. This is not a loop hole. It is the best alternative for many people who are already implied, about to lose status to resume their job at the earliest. He needs to be taught a lesson. There got to be a way to cut his cocky behavior. :mad:

sonic1992

Jul 17, 2015
To those who have already gotten their PPR, firstly congratulations guys!

Secondly, I was wondering if you could share what kind of proof of means document you submitted? Specifically for the FSW applicants (as its a min. requirement for eligibility)?

I've come across the following options:

1) letter from bank stating average balance over 6 months
2) letter showing current balance
3) 6 month transaction history

People have done a combination of the three, some have been accepted as proof and some have not. So, for those who were already successful, could you please share what you uploaded to see what CIC considers acceptable proof?

Thanks!

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
sonic1992 said:
To those who have already gotten their PPR, firstly congratulations guys!

Secondly, I was wondering if you could share what kind of proof of means document you submitted? Specifically for the FSW applicants (as its a min. requirement for eligibility)?

I've come across the following options:

1) letter from bank stating average balance over 6 months
2) letter showing current balance
3) 6 month transaction history

People have done a combination of the three, some have been accepted as proof and some have not. So, for those who were already successful, could you please share what you uploaded to see what CIC considers acceptable proof?

Thanks!
I submitted my current account statement for 6 months as well as a letter from the branch manager that states how old my account is and my other investments with the bank. The letter is not necessary. If you have the required funds in your current or savings account, you can show that. No harm in showing if you have any fixed deposits or other investments with a bank.

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
just recieved a new message in mccic with a request letter
Dear xx:
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require-
1. passport- my wife can't travel due to pregnancy. can i take her passport too to vfs office?
2.photographs
3.CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCE-Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
 Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;
 Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
 Change in health;
 The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;
 A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;
 Change of address or phone number
MY wife's due date is 29 sep and we have only 30 days to submit the passports so should we just send the passports before baby's birth. how and whom do we contact to explain our situation? please help urgent

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
Raj19 said:
Dear xx:
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require-
1. passport- my wife can't travel due to pregnancy. can i take her passport too to vfs office?
2.photographs
3.CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCE-Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
 Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
 Change in health;
MY wife's due date is 29 sep and we have only 30 days to submit the passports so should we just send the passports before baby's birth. how and whom do we contact to explain our situation? please help urgent
First of all, congratulations on your PPR and your future baby!
If you are unable to send your passports to CIC Ottawa and your PPR letter did not specify a local VO then you should email CIC requesting such change. There are several threads from outland members in this forum that might help you with this further, such this one: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t344701.0.html
Your wife nor you are required to travel at all. You should be able to submit both passports without any problems.

Good luck and congratulations again!

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Kucuy15 said:
First of all, congratulations on your PPR and your future baby!
If you are unable to send your passports to CIC Ottawa and your PPR letter did not specify a local VO then you should email CIC requesting such change. There are several threads from outland members in this forum that might help you with this further, such this one: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t344701.0.html
Your wife nor you are required to travel at all. You should be able to submit both passports without any problems.

Good luck and congratulations again!
thanks. since i am in india we have option of sending passports through new delhi or chandigarh, but i think we need to hand them over personally

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any significant about having a 4th line added to ecas?

Just had a 4th line added about the second AOR I received.

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
sam_172452 said:
Any significant about having a 4th line added to ecas?

Just had a 4th line added about the second AOR I received.
I don't think it has any significance as far as your application status goes. Almost every applicant who has gotten correspondence of any sort from CIC gets lines added to eCAS.
I take it as "informative" but it typically updates days after the correspondence have been received.

I do feel hopeful every time I see movement in my file though, no matter how little or belated it is :D

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Raj19 said:
Dear xx:
2.photographs
 Change in health;
Should i contact canada visa office delhi or send a CSE?

polarisyu

Aug 5, 2015
hi All,

which medical exam type shall I go as PA? I did my medical last weekend and I chose worker.

My spouse and kid have not done it yet. What shall they choose? Worker as well? Understand from the doctor all categories mean exactly the same exam...

Thank you!
PY

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Raj19 said:
Should i contact canada visa office delhi or send a CSE?
Send a CSE to Ottawa and they will re-designate your VO to your local VO after which the local VO would send you updated instructions.

samcan2015

Feb 16, 2015
Ish_Canada said:
Pls note ** I have also created a separate thread for this information. But just wanted to share on this thread as i have shared all my progress updates here before: PR landing completed last week.
----------------------

we (me and my wife) went for my PR landing at Carway Border, alberta last week and officer put us in waiting room after being aggressive enough and stating that " this is NOT my job to immigrate you guys! Why didnt you take appointment from CIC why are you coming to border like this using a loophole in the system" take a seat and i will see what i can do whether today or tomorrow, I dont know. how much I will need. My job is to protect border, NOT to immigrate people like you who are not Legit travelers."
( What he meant was, we just hit U.S border and comeback and we are not an actual travel who is truly coming from U.S to canada to immigrate.

either ways, he warned us to tell all our friends AND anyone we know " DOnt come to carway border for you PR landing unless you are legal traveler crossing border. Ask people to go to coutts (24hrs) or cic offices for immigration"
Ish_Canada said:
So i just wanted to let you know. pls make a note of this.

We finally got the PR formalities done after 1 hour of questioning by the officer on duty.

Please let me know, if anyone of you need any info on this.

Thanks

Hi Ish_canada,
I am little bit concerned about your post above.
I am planning to go to Carway this week for flagpolling, and from your experience is not a good idea.
I read from this forum a few people already went to Carway and they didn't experience the same as you.
Is coutts better, I am not sure, I guess its depend on the officer that day.
Anyway from this forum can share experience between Carway and Coutts
Thank you

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
cartwright said:
Send a CSE to Ottawa and they will re-designate your VO to your local VO after which the local VO would send you updated instructions.
I dont understand, why can't i send a CSE to new delhi VO directly? the letter i recieved has this printed on it
Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca

Ish_Canada

May 7, 2015
samcan2015 said:

Hi Ish_canada,
I am little bit concerned about your post above.
I am planning to go to Carway this week for flagpolling, and from your experience is not a good idea.
I read from this forum a few people already went to Carway and they didn't experience the same as you.
Is coutts better, I am not sure, I guess its depend on the officer that day.
Anyway from this forum can share experience between Carway and Coutts
Thank you

Hi @samcan2015 ,

yes, i agree to that many other people went to Carway as well and they were fine. but i shared my experience, so that you can decide where you want to go. i won't be able to suggest which border to choose but i would say, make an informed decision as per your thoughts! may be anyone else can suggest, if they had a similar exp. in carway ?? ....otherwise i would say, just go by your gutt 8)

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj19 said:
I dont understand, why can't i send a CSE to new delhi VO directly? the letter i recieved has this printed on it
Immigration Section - Service de l'Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca
If you received a 2nd AOR then your app was processed at your local NDVO. Since your process was super fast I can bet that you had the NDVO, in addition the address of your VO processing center as written on your PR is New Delhi therefore your passport should be sent there.