EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
ngelsa said:
Yes, I will be requesting a refund for the landing fee (not the processing fee), so around $400-ish? I don't remember how much it was exactly.
why is it so,will CIC not refund the application processing fee ?

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Finally, there seems to be some movement on my application. I just checked my eCAS and it's now "in process", roughly 89 days after BG changed to in progress. To those who received their PPR, how long did it take to get PPR once eCAS status changed to "in process"? Thanks.

Also, congrats to all those who have received PPR!

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
On July 15 I have received PPR and sent my package on the same date. Canada Post was nice enough to boost my XpressPost to Priority because the package was received after their cut-off time on July 15. The package safely arrives and signed by Mr. Borgeat on July 17.

On July 20 my ECAS status has updated to a Decision has been made as shown in the screenshot below:

On July 21 there is an update to my MyCIC account stating that the application is closed and approved:

Below is a run down of my timeline:
January 15, 2015: EE Profile Submitted
January 31, 2015: ITA
February 6, 2015: Upfront Medical Completed
February 17, 2015: Physician Uploaded Medical Results
February 18, 2015: Application Submitted
May 4, 2015: Request for additional documents
July 4, 2015: Uploaded additional documents
July 15, 2015: PPR

A bit more information:
EE Profile Score: 1036
NOC: 1024
Medical Exam Category: Worker
Additional Documents Requested: Schedule A & Police Certificate from Hong Kong

The hiccups:
Due to the fact that I have been in Canada since 1997 and traveling around, it took CIC a majorly long time (from February 18 to May 4) to go through my personal history and to deem the application as completed. I am still uncertain why they required such a long time to ensure my application was completed, but I truly believe that getting my MP involved and submitted various case specific inquiries helped flagged my application to ensure it is still being processed according to the suggested time frame; otherwise, it may have taken longer.

On the other hand, getting a police certificate from Hong Kong was not the easiest task. The Hong Kong Police Force would not forward the police certificate to me, instead, they will mail the certificate directly to a consulate by registered mail. However, CIC will not accept police certificate by mail for Express Entry applications and did not provide an address for the police force to mail the certificate to. I have mentioned this issue on this forum before and got mocked for not reading the instructions properly while those mockers did not even bother to read the entire thing before jumping to conclusion. Thus, I am not going to disclose how I ended up getting my certificate. Those who mocked me can go through the same hell and pain if they ever needed to get one from a country that doesn't provide you with the certificate.

The deadline for me to submit the additional documents was July 4 and I waited until then to upload my documents because I needed to ensure that the police certificate had arrived in Canada. After that, it literally took CIC 11 days to approve my application.

Lesson from my experience:
If your application hasn't have any movement since you have submitted it, it is probably because CIC needed some extra time to scrutinize every piece of information you have provided before your application is deemed complete and eligible. If you are really concerned then try to get your MP involved. The MP office has a direct line to CIC and it gets answered fairly quickly. At the same time, do submit a case specific inquiry. It took me 2 emails to get my inquiries forwarded for special attention. Once additional document is requested you are pretty much half way through the process. If you have provided everything they asked for, you should receive a PPR in about 2 weeks after the additional documents have been received.

Last but not least, thank you for those who have supported me in the past and good luck to the rest of you.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
KingOfGoodTimes said:
why is it so,will CIC not refund the application processing fee ?
You can only request a refund on the processing fee if CIC has not begin processing your application. In other words, I can only request a full refund on both the processing fee and the landing fee if I haven't receive the AOR of my PNP application. Unfortunately I have already received the AOR and additional documents have been requested for it as well; thus, I can only request the landing fee to be refunded.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngelsa said:
On July 15 I have received PPR and sent my package on the same date. Canada Post was nice enough to boost my XpressPost to Priority because the package was received after their cut-off time on July 15. The package safely arrives and signed by Mr. Borgeat on July 17.
your long journey is over. congrats ngelsa

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
mannual said:
your long journey is over. congrats ngelsa

Yes, it has been a long and rough ride but still worth it.

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
ngelsa said:
You can only request a refund on the processing fee if CIC has not begin processing your application. In other words, I can only request a full refund on both the processing fee and the landing fee if I haven't receive the AOR of my PNP application. Unfortunately I have already received the AOR and additional documents have been requested for it as well; thus, I can only request the landing fee to be refunded.
I though we can't ask for refund if the ECAS changes to In process on PNP application.
It currently just states application received for me .

Given all the time lines I am fairly certain express entry will come way before the PNP if there is no document issue !!

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got ppr last week and mycic updated closed and approved on Saturday. The return tracking number activated yeterday my copr is on its way so Im hoping to do flagpole at the weekend. Did anyone go to Kingsgate for flagpole? Is that a good place to go? I heard horror stories about Carway...
Also can I ask for refund on my BOWP application somewhere?

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
KingOfGoodTimes said:
I though we can't ask for refund if the ECAS changes to In process on PNP application.
It currently just states application received for me .

Given all the time lines I am fairly certain express entry will come way before the PNP if there is no document issue !!
You can still request a refund for the landing fee (if you have paid that in advance). If you are confident that you will obtain your PR from EE then you can always request a refund and withdraw your PNP application now to get the full amount back. I did not do that myself because I had already budgeted to spend that extra 1K to use my PNP as a backup just in case anything goes wrong with the EE application.

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
ngelsa said:

On July 20 my ECAS status has updated to a Decision has been made as shown in the screenshot below:

On July 21 there is an update to my MyCIC account stating that the application is closed and approved:

Below is a run down of my timeline:
January 15, 2015: EE Profile Submitted
January 31, 2015: ITA
February 6, 2015: Upfront Medical Completed
February 17, 2015: Physician Uploaded Medical Results
February 18, 2015: Application Submitted
May 4, 2015: Request for additional documents
July 4, 2015: Uploaded additional documents
July 15, 2015: PPR

A bit more information:
EE Profile Score: 1036
NOC: 1024
Medical Exam Category: Worker
Additional Documents Requested: Schedule A & Police Certificate from Hong Kong

The hiccups:
Due to the fact that I have been in Canada since 1997 and traveling around, it took CIC a majorly long time (from February 18 to May 4) to go through my personal history and to deem the application as completed. I am still uncertain why they required such a long time to ensure my application was completed, but I truly believe that getting my MP involved and submitted various case specific inquiries helped flagged my application to ensure it is still being processed according to the suggested time frame; otherwise, it may have taken longer.

On the other hand, getting a police certificate from Hong Kong was not the easiest task. The Hong Kong Police Force would not forward the police certificate to me, instead, they will mail the certificate directly to a consulate by registered mail. However, CIC will not accept police certificate by mail for Express Entry applications and did not provide an address for the police force to mail the certificate to. I have mentioned this issue on this forum before and got mocked for not reading the instructions properly while those mockers did not even bother to read the entire thing before jumping to conclusion. Thus, I am not going to disclose how I ended up getting my certificate. Those who mocked me can go through the same hell and pain if they ever needed to get one from a country that doesn't provide you with the certificate.

The deadline for me to submit the additional documents was July 4 and I waited until then to upload my documents because I needed to ensure that the police certificate had arrived in Canada. After that, it literally took CIC 11 days to approve my application.

Lesson from my experience:
If your application hasn't have any movement since you have submitted it, it is probably because CIC needed some extra time to scrutinize every piece of information you have provided before your application is deemed complete and eligible. If you are really concerned then try to get your MP involved. The MP office has a direct line to CIC and it gets answered fairly quickly. At the same time, do submit a case specific inquiry. It took me 2 emails to get my inquiries forwarded for special attention. Once additional document is requested you are pretty much half way through the process. If you have provided everything they asked for, you should receive a PPR in about 2 weeks after the additional documents have been received.

Last but not least, thank you for those who have supported me in the past and good luck to the rest of you.
Congratulations ngelsa!
If you don't mind answering, what were your CSEs about? were you missing any documents in the application and you uploaded them later through these CSEs or were you just clarifying points on your application?

Thank you, and congratulations again!

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
ngelsa said:
Great detail +1 for you.
Surely this will help our buddies a lot.

All the best for your future :D

schmamey

Mar 19, 2015
quick question about landing.

I am not good at driving, can i go to border with a friend with no us visa?

tons of thanks!!!!

harshmaru

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys!!

just a quick question, Just now I noticed, the name in my T4 slips is not spelled correct..its like ,..in last name it shows GHE...but it should show GEH...rest everything is correct

can this be a problem??

i noticed just now ...any advise??

thanks

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
kkpar said:
Thanks Jaffa83. Do I still need to send the application or it will be done automatically as the immigration official made the changes at the border?
I don't think you need to send anything from your side, since you already completed your landing. Before 2012, CIC has only one System viz FOSS which they were still using at the Borders.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob545.asp

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
ayns said:
Finally, there seems to be some movement on my application. I just checked my eCAS and it's now "in process", roughly 89 days after BG changed to in progress. To those who received their PPR, how long did it take to get PPR once eCAS status changed to "in process"? Thanks.

Also, congrats to all those who have received PPR!
You may soon have a decision in very few days. Good Luck!!