+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
esantos said:
This discussion could go on forever guys... Who deserves or who doesn't is not up to any of us to decide but to CIC officers.

SushilEE, as your quote says, the "invitations" will be based solely on the CRS score, that doesn't mean that the whole process will.

Is someone with the extra 600 points better qualified than someone without them?
Maybe yes, maybe no. It goes case by case... eg.: Someone with 755 points without the extra 600 points ends up with 155 points, which is a very low score for education, age and work experience, in my opinion. While someone with 450 to 500 points solo (without the extra 600) has a good work and education levels.

We are all here to help and seek help, and I understand as well the frustration of early invited candidates since it's been over 4 months (for Feb ones), but express entry says "CIC aim is to process 80% of application within 6 months".

So lets all try to be patient and understand that we all want one thing here, to become a PR in Canada.

Good luck to us all guys and lets not stress out too much cuz it's Friday ;D

Cheers
esantos and bud - you guys are the man. Case of beer on me - Happy Friday :)

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
srbhrn said:
Hi saurabhnama

I am saurabhrana.. And i just got my ppr half an hour back as well.. Are they processing saurabhs for now

I wonder what your timelines wer.. I have got ppr in exactly 2 months from date of submission of documents . For 1 month 3 weeks nothing happened.. And within one week:

Changed ecas status to in process
Background check in progress
Ppr
Big congrats! I'm lagging behind this time, my BG check hasn't started yet. I hope I'll catch up soon. :)

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
;D
SushilEE said:
esantos and bud - you guys are the man. Case of beer on me - Happy Friday :)
Have faith ;D

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
MaryAnneAB said:
Thank you to all who replied with kind words and also suggestions.

It's my first day in over two years since I'm in Canada that I'll be missing a day of work. It feels like I was hit on the head, can't think clearly and sob uncontrollably.

I will order the GCMS notes, apply for another EE and see the options during the course of the day.
Hi MaryAnne, Very sorry to hear that bad news. I can understand your mental condition. Be strong, I am sure any good lawyer can appeal for you. As you have real job with LMO you would be ok. Is this happend because of you have forgotten to include job offer letter, which says non seasonal permanent job. Anyways take quick action, hope you will be in tract again.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
dragon17Sky said:
that is really painful .... LMO is already difficult to get!
DId you submit a letter from employer saying that this is full time job and their was no end date on the job offer?
Hi dragon17Sky in my job offer letter, my employer has mentioned that its my current job also he is offering this job for me another two years, which mean it has end date.

The reason he mentioned end date, my consultant said in offer letter it should say for how long he is offering this job. Now I'm worry to hear MaryAnne's situation. is there anything to be worry in my case, please advice. Thank you.

silmarilli103

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2014
IELTS Request
14-04-2015
SushilEE said:
tbcan and silmarilli103 - Please do not feel offended but the fact is Express Entry is a point based system and this is not me but CIC itself says ''The invitations will be based solely on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score."

So my question to you as why 60% of people didn't qualified at the first round itself when the required CRS score was 900 plus. Of course, Express Entry system is a ranking system and people get selected based on merit. In earlier system, you were required to just qualify and not to prove you have better education or job in hand while applying for PR.

I agree to you that once you have got ITA then all are on same page. However, my comment was specifically with regards to guys getting selected first for ITA and still waiting on....
SushilEE said:
tbcan and silmarilli103 - Please do not feel offended but the fact is Express Entry is a point based system and this is not me but CIC itself says ''The invitations will be based solely on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score."

So my question to you as why 60% of people didn't qualified at the first round itself when the required CRS score was 900 plus. Of course, Express Entry system is a ranking system and people get selected based on merit. In earlier system, you were required to just qualify and not to prove you have better education or job in hand while applying for PR.

I agree to you that once you have got ITA then all are on same page. However, my comment was specifically with regards to guys getting selected first for ITA and still waiting on....
Ok again, I repeat, it depends on the VO handling your case and its complexity. If you were an applicant in the Paper based PR system, processing times have a HUGE difference. Applying for example from Sao Paulo VO would take 2 months to get your PR, from LA or New York it was 35-42 months and even Ottawa would take 18 months . Now, do you see the difference? Express Entry promises processing within 6 months, and as tough as the wait is, there will be cases that will be processed sooner and others that may take slightly longer.

And lets not get into the battle of 900 vs a 450 score without an LMIA or PNP. Take the 300 points away and your score is way lower than someone with a 400+. Being awarded 600 points for just an LMIA or PNP has already been debated multiples on this form and I am not going to justify my opinion on scores over 600. An LMIA is very difficult to get, and congratulations to those who get it, but that does not mean those whose company's are unable to get one don't have any 'merit'. There a lot of people in Canada, who have worked hard, with valid jobs (no LMIA), but their companies cannot sponsor them because of multiple reasons - their human factor score is high but minus the bonus 600 points, and that does not make them any less deserving. Its CICs choice of draws and rules, and lets keep it to that and stop debating.

What really bothers me is when those with an LMIA or PNP get offended if someone who doesn't have one, gets selected and has their application processed sooner - you have no more 'merit' than any other applicant selected with an ITA. If you are frustrated, take it out elsewhere and not diss others who are equally deserving as well. Any file that gets processed and approved, sooner or later, deserves PR. Every file is different and will be processed with different timelines.

Its about time we accept that and stop taking our frustration out on applicants who may be processed quicker! I rest my case.

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
iceberge said:
Hi dragon17Sky in my job offer letter, my employer has mentioned that its my current job also he is offering this job for me another two years, which mean it has end date.

The reason he mentioned end date, my consultant said in offer letter it should say for how long he is offering this job. Now I'm worry to hear MaryAnne's situation. is there anything to be worry in my case, please advice. Thank you.
Hi iceberge
I am sorry I am not an expert in this but hopefully it should be fine. I personally didn't had any end date on my offer letter.

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
silmarilli103 said:
Ok again, I repeat, it depends on the VO handling your case and its complexity. If you were an applicant in the Paper based PR system, processing times have a HUGE difference. Applying for example from Sao Paulo VO would take 2 months to get your PR, from LA or New York it was 35-42 months and even Ottawa would take 18 months . Now, do you see the difference? Express Entry promises processing within 6 months, and as tough as the wait is, there will be cases that will be processed sooner and others that may take slightly longer.

And lets not get into the battle of 900 vs a 450 score without an LMIA or PNP. Take the 300 points away and your score is way lower than someone with a 400+. Being awarded 600 points for just an LMIA or PNP has already been debated multiples on this form and I am not going to justify my opinion on scores over 600. An LMIA is very difficult to get, and congratulations to those who get it, but that does not mean those whose company's are unable to get one don't have any 'merit'. There a lot of people in Canada, who have worked hard, with valid jobs (no LMIA), but their companies cannot sponsor them because of multiple reasons - their human factor score is high but minus the bonus 600 points, and that does not make them any less deserving. Its CICs choice of draws and rules, and lets keep it to that and stop debating.

What really bothers me is when those with an LMIA or PNP get offended if someone who doesn't have one, gets selected and has their application processed sooner - you have no more 'merit' than any other applicant selected with an ITA. If you are frustrated, take it out elsewhere and not diss others who are equally deserving as well. Any file that gets processed and approved, sooner or later, deserves PR. Every file is different and will be processed with different timelines.

Its about time we accept that and stop taking our frustration out on applicants who may be processed quicker! I rest my case.
Well drafted reply silmarilli103, I am sure you must have spent lot of time before compiling this. Appreciate your thoughts and time which you devoted in doing so. I am never against any PR applicant. Unfortunately, its the way system has worked till now. Have a great week end ahead :)

marathimanus

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
15-02-2015
MaryAnneAB said:
Thank you to all who replied with kind words and also suggestions.

It's my first day in over two years since I'm in Canada that I'll be missing a day of work. It feels like I was hit on the head, can't think clearly and sob uncontrollably.

I will order the GCMS notes, apply for another EE and see the options during the course of the day.
hey buddy,

sorry to hear bad news. but I suggest you to send them mail via Case Specific Enquiry. I am sure they will consider your case. do not forget to attach your LMO , Contract letter and current pay stubs.

good luck. U ll get it.

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
jaffa83 said:
Thanks and wish you the same.

@ Saurabh(s)..can you guys share your timelines here.
Here is my timeline:

ITA 27th March
Document Submitted: 13th April
AOR: 13th April
ECAS Available: 16th April
Application Received 2nd Line: 16th April
Medical Passed: 20th April
ECAS Change to IN PROCESS: 5th June
Mycic Background Check initiated: 11th June
PPR: 12th June 6 PM IST

Thats exactly 2 months after documents submission....

srbhrn

Aug 14, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
IELTS Request
Entered in EE Profile
FYI to everyone: Default PPR mail asks to send the passport to Ottawa office with a return mailing address within North America. If you dont have it, then you have to mail to CIC to ask for a different Visa Office.

Now, a quick question to everyone who have got visa stamping done. I have got PPR today and I have written to CIC just now to arrange for India VO for stamping. I have a reserved travel schedule for 8th July to fly to canada on my work permit and I need my passport before that.

If anyone can shed light on how much time will CIC take to respond to mail, and would I be able to complete the stamping process and get my passport back before 8th July (25 days to go)

Please also let me know if I should write a case specific enquiry apart from writing to the email ID mentioned in PPR letter.

TIA

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
ASMIA said:
Immigrants would be 2nd class citizen !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.sfu.ca/education/cels/bilingual/bilingual-corner/bill-c-24.html
all citizens born outside Canada (i.e. naturalized citizens) may lose their citizenship if the citizenship officer believes they do not intend to live in Canada or if they decide to move to another country to study or to work.
I skimmed through the bill and couldn't find anything about removing citizenship for moving to another country. Can anyone quote the section in Bill C-24 regarding this?

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
srbhrn said:
Here is my timeline:

ITA 27th March
Document Submitted: 13th April
AOR: 13th April
ECAS Available: 16th April
Application Received 2nd Line: 16th April
Medical Passed: 20th April
ECAS Change to IN PROCESS: 5th June
Mycic Background Check initiated: 11th June
PPR: 12th June 6 PM IST

Thats exactly 2 months after documents submission....
Thanks for sharing the info.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fl_pie said:
I skimmed through the bill and couldn't find anything about removing citizenship for moving to another country. Can anyone quote the section in Bill C-24 regarding this?
Commentary on the controversial C-24 bill by the Canadian Bar Association makes for interesting reading.
http://www.cba.org/cba/submissions/pdf/14-22-eng.pdf

To refer the sections mentioned in the above document, access the original act here http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&DocId=6684615

It appears lopsided for potential dual citizens. Haven't read the whole thing just yet though.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Commentary on the controversial C-24 bill by the Canadian Bar Association makes for interesting reading.
http://www.cba.org/cba/submissions/pdf/14-22-eng.pdf

To refer the sections mentioned in the above document, access the original act here http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&DocId=6684615

It appears lopsided for potential dual citizens. Haven't read the whole thing just yet though.
Thanks for the link, will read it later. I started a thread about revocation of citizenship here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bill-c24-can-citizenship-now-be-revoked-for-workingstudying-away-from-canada-t305346.0.html It seems from the thread that the fear that people may lose citizenship because of moving away from Canada is unfounded.