+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

Apr 11, 2015
Hello,
i need ur help and suggestion pls, i am a dec 2014 skilled trades applicant and i did my medicals just 2 days ago, but yesterday i also got a ITA for express entry, pls suggest should i go for that also or just wait with my normal pr application, and pls suggest how to access SS, may be from that i can understand how much time is needed after medicals. Thanks.

winnipegnow

Aug 17, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-DEC-2014
Doc's Request.
CC 20-Feb-2015
Nomination.....
PER 19-03-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Interview........
Med Received 16-06-2015
niagary said:
Upload scan doc.
Thanks Niagary,

I was under the impression that the police certificates needed to be submitted in original in later stage of processing. I did not anticipate CIC accepting scan copy of the same.

Regards

narby

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
international1 said:
Hello,
i need ur help and suggestion pls, i am a dec 2014 skilled trades applicant and i did my medicals just 2 days ago, but yesterday i also got a ITA for express entry, pls suggest should i go for that also or just wait with my normal pr application, and pls suggest how to access SS, may be from that i can understand how much time is needed after medicals. Thanks.
When I talked to CIC, they told me people can not apply PR under same category. Somehow some people do that. I dnt know what is right what is wrong.

variazioni

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friends, just curious. If in the future we can land from outside Canada, when you meet the border officer, do you need to present all the original documents? I checked here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/arrival.asp and it says only passport, PR visa and POF is needed and the officer will ask a few questions. What do you think?

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
international1 said:
Hello,
Hi..Congrats on receiving ITA via EE. If you have got the AOR for your Dec 2014 application, please decline the application. To my knowledge, I believe that you cannot have more than 1 file processing with CIC for the same category. However, you can have more than 1 file with CIC for processing for separate categories like one in PNP, one in CEC one in FSWP and one in FSTP if you qualify for those.

mizalberta

Aug 8, 2014
amit_gemini0206 said:
Yes you are right bro.
I did the same with my application as well. I have not claimed points for work experiences back home, since it's hard to get the references. However, we have to mention everything in the personal history section.

nitt

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Hi miz

Please share ur timeline ans noc code.
Also how long did it took to change ur status from in process to Decision made.

Thanks in advance.

mizalberta

Aug 8, 2014
Sunshine_Calgary said:
Didn't u get appointment in Calgary/Edmonton ?
I did try to book an appointment, I live in Edmonton and the waiting time here is 6-8 weeks. However, in Calgary its 3 weeks. But the agent told me I cannot book an appointment at Calgary office, since I live in Edmonton.

The CBSA officer didn't ask any questions, in fact I asked him why the waiting time is 6-8 weeks. He told me they usually say 6-8 weeks but will take less than 2 weeks it seems.

mizalberta

Aug 8, 2014
nitt said:
Hi miz

Please share ur timeline ans noc code.
Also how long did it took to change ur status from in process to Decision made.

Thanks in advance.

2nd January: EE Profile Created (NOC B)
31st January: ITA received for CEC
10th February: Submitted Application
10th February: Received AOR
12th March: Medicals Passed
19th March: Started processing my application
24th March: PPR
26th March: Passport submitted (With 2 Photos and Biodata form)
9th April: Received passport back from CIC including two copies of COPR.
11th April: Landed successfully

Splashdown21

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
IELTS Request
09-04-2015
File Transfer...
09-04-2015
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2015
Congratulations mizalberta, I bet you haven't stopped smiling yet!

You mention having to send in two passport photos and a Biodata form. Were the photos digital and did CIC send you the Biodata form?

Thanks