+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

schmamey

Mar 19, 2015
Andrew1982 said:
Hi Guys!
today 7 of April my PR application under EE has been approved! I jut got the email asking my passport.

My ECAS still shows:
1. Application received on Jan 02
2. We stared processing your app on March 13
3. Medical exam received.

My CIC account still show: all in progress exepet for medical exam: passed.

As Amit experienced, after the approval letter they will change the ECAS status and only after one week or so they will change My CIC status.

I checked all the time more tan 10 times per day, but I have to say it doesn't make sense... after you ECAS has the same status above.. soon or later you will wake up a morning with the good news.. in your inbox email..

good luck guys!!
Congratulations!!! How long did you wait after the status changed to in progress? And when did CIC ask you for you canada criminal background check? THank uuuuu!

Andrew1982

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
I have 30 days to submit my passport..

please note.. if you need a visa to travel in Canada they want the original passport, otherwise just need a paper copy of your passport.

mine is an Italian passport, so it's enough sending the copy of all the pages.. that' want the passport request email says...

mazamilam said:
Hey Andrew,

Firstly, Congratulations. Glad to see that CIC is keeping their word and applications are being processed within 6 months. When CIC emailed you for your passport, did they mention any cut-off time? Any other information mentioned on the "submission for passport" letter?

Thank you.

Andrew1982

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
you can find all information you need here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fG9xoOoUPEMJrt7cOi5tzYwp7V2u4NDMi8Ighmz1oW8/edit?pli=1#gid=105258987

again my suggestions is checking the ECAS, if your ecas shows ...We started to processing your app and medical result received.. you should get the passport email any time.... "My cic" account is relative as it will show in progress until they send your passport back!! (except for medical exam which was actually the only thing that changed to passed)

schmamey said:
Congratulations!!! How long did you wait after the status changed to in progress? And when did CIC ask you for you canada criminal background check? THank uuuuu!

Hariboy

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
Oh Thanks man! I have a 2 years masters degree from Canada. So dont need ECA. DO i need to take one for my undergraduate degree?
Intocanada said:
Birth Certificate isn't part of your document checklist. But some people uploaded it as part of Letter of Explanation.
IELTS scan copy is not requested at all. I think they are picking up the scores from the reference number you give as part of online forms.

Sunshine_Calgary

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
busybee86 said:
Hello all friends,

Need your urgent help/suggestions
I have a serious issue that is of great concern to me and might be critical for PR application
I didn't end my job on a good note with my last employer back home as I resigned and they haven't accepted it yet due to some settlement issues. So technically I am still their employee. But for my experience I want to show that I have resigned since I have done masters after leaving the company and thus it would be against logic that I would still be working. But I am afraid it might be considered misrepresentation if CIC calls and asks for employment record.
Should I just write the timelines from my joining to date left or should I write an explanation letter with my application and inform CIC abt this which might harm my chances.
Good thing is that I have a senior in the company who can provide me with reference letter so that won't be an issue but what if CIC conducts background check with HR?
Please help

Regards,
If u have submitted a resignation letter, then that can be used as a valid job termination letter.
In your address it is required to indicate where all you have spend time and also the reason, so I think it would be safer to indicate your work experience.

To avoid complication, add a visiting/business card of your senior so that CIC can do reference check, attach old pay slip/advice if you have, also inform in your explanation letter that your previous employer will not issue you experience letter.

Hope this helps.

amit_gemini0206

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
Andrew1982 said:
I have 30 days to submit my passport..

please note.. if you need a visa to travel in Canada they want the original passport, otherwise just need a paper copy of your passport.

mine is an Italian passport, so it's enough sending the copy of all the pages.. that' want the passport request email says...
Congratulation Andrew.... Try to book an appointment at calgary if you have time or else carway border is good for landing.

amit_gemini0206

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
there is one more guy in this forum who have got the passport request but he doesnt wanna post his timeline in the forum because he knows that some people in this forum won't believe him. Buddy i think it's a good time to post your timeline now.

farm.manager

Apr 1, 2015
Andrew1982 said:
Hi Guys!
today 7 of April my PR application under EE has been approved! I jut got the email asking my passport.

My ECAS still shows:

As Amit experienced, after the approval letter they will change the ECAS status and only after one week or so they will change My CIC status.

I checked all the time more tan 10 times per day, but I have to say it doesn't make sense... after you ECAS has the same status above.. soon or later you will wake up a morning with the good news.. in your inbox email..

good luck guys!!

Congrats buddy, you are now a permanent resident of Canada.

Incan1010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi Andrew can you please tell me your ecas time line when you got changed application received to in process becoz mine changed to in process on April 1st. Before I have only application received.

mizalberta

Aug 8, 2014
amit_gemini0206 said:
Congratulation Andrew.... Try to book an appointment at calgary if you have time or else carway border is good for landing.
I called CIC to book an appointment and they said we need COPR to book one. Because they need the expiry date from it to book an appointment. The waiting time for the appointment here in my city is 6-8 weeks so I am planning to go to Coutts or Carway.

Sunshine_Calgary

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mizalberta said:
I called CIC to book an appointment and they said we need COPR to book one. Because they need the expiry date from it to book an appointment. The waiting time for the appointment here in my city is 6-8 weeks so I am planning to go to Coutts or Carway.
Could you share u r timeline ? Thanks

schmamey

Mar 19, 2015
Incan1010 said:
Hi Andrew can you please tell me your ecas time line when you got changed application received to in process becoz mine changed to in process on April 1st. Before I have only application received.
how long did it take in ECAS changing from application received to in process? THanks!!!

dit_pra

Feb 4, 2015
calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 feb 2015
Med's Done....
06 feb 2015
Andrew1982 said:
Hi Guys!

My ECAS still shows:

good luck guys!!

Congrats Andrew!!!!!! Really happy for u and happy to more +ve outcome through EE.Congrats once again.....

mizalberta

Aug 8, 2014
Sunshine_Calgary said:
Could you share u r timeline ? Thanks
2nd January: EE Profile Created (NOC B)
31st January: ITA received for CEC
10th February: Submitted Application
10th February: Received AOR
12th March: Medicals Passed
19th March: Started processing my application
24th March: PPR
26th March: Passport submitted (With 2 Photos and Biodata form)

Andrew1982

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
on march 13 my ECAS appears in the system showing

We received your app on Jan 02
We started processing you app on March 13
Medical exam received..

All in one day March 13.. before of it there was anything. I could not even get it....