+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

nigel888

Jun 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have a question. I heard that when one gets a passport request from CIC, a copy of the passport will suffice (i.e. no need to send the original passport). Is this information correct based on your experience?

Thanks a lot!

redd456

Sep 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-16
AOR Received.
19-01-16
Med's Done....
26-01-16
nigel888 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question. I heard that when one gets a passport request from CIC, a copy of the passport will suffice (i.e. no need to send the original passport). Is this information correct based on your experience?

Thanks a lot!
I think that might be the case for people from visa exempt countries. Not for others, that is for sure.

bgj

Jul 1, 2016
I am express entry applicant and I pass the eligibility.
Express entry profile created: September 5, 2015
Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) received: September 11, 2015
Documents submitted to ONIP: October 20, 2015
Additional documents requested by ONIP: February 2, 2016
Additional documents emailed to ONIP: February 28, 2016

And from then on there is no contact or updates from ONIP. I am really worried here as it is taking too much time.
So I request experts of the forum to guide me. What should I do now, it already 4 months and counting since document submission. Waiting for your expertise advice.

Thank You

krish.4747

Feb 23, 2015
Hi Everyone ,
Can you someone please let me know how long does it takes to get passport request if you had submitted your documents on the month of April 2016 ?

Category: CEC
NOC : 6322

March 4 , 2016 recevied invtation
April 7, 2016 Documents submitted
April 7, 2016 E-AOR
April 19 , 2016 request for additional documents (celpip score ,Use of Representative IMM5476)

Application status look like this :

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

Thanks ,
RAJ

VB85

Jun 23, 2016
Hi
I got my COPR a week back. Can any senior guide me that i will land in September and fly back in 15 days. Will bring pics with me in CIC specs for applying PR card on POE and will give them address of my friend to mail it. I will come back to India and will have my friend courier my PR card to India. Now i know it is not recommended but i cant stay there because of my job. Has anyone done it themselves? i have read a lot of people saying it can be done, but i want to know if someone has actually done it? Will there be any problems at Indian Customs? Has anyone lost their card in Mail/courier? Also if i come back and have to travel again and apply for PRTD, can anyone tell me their experience with it? What is its validity? Can it be applied after one year of landing back in India? Please help as i dont want to lose my job for another year but also want to shift there and settle there with family.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
VB85 said:
Hi
I got my COPR a week back. Can any senior guide me that i will land in September and fly back in 15 days. Will bring pics with me in CIC specs for applying PR card on POE and will give them address of my friend to mail it. I will come back to India and will have my friend courier my PR card to India. Now i know it is not recommended but i cant stay there because of my job. Has anyone done it themselves? i have read a lot of people saying it can be done, but i want to know if someone has actually done it? Will there be any problems at Indian Customs? Has anyone lost their card in Mail/courier? Also if i come back and have to travel again and apply for PRTD, can anyone tell me their experience with it? What is its validity? Can it be applied after one year of landing back in India? Please help as i dont want to lose my job for another year but also want to shift there and settle there with family.
People do this all the time. In fact because of short validity of COPR, majority of FSWs land here, stay for a couple weeks as vacation, get credit cards / driver's license etc. to start a credit history, then go back and move again in six months - to a year's time. PRTD is probably single entry. I am sure you can search and read its procedure and validity.

Don't know of any one losing their card in courier. You would only need PRTD in case you have lost your Card or something.

MOntario

Feb 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2015
Nomination.....
08-Apr-2015
Guys I need serious and immediate help I got a msg from CiC saying that my applcation is in serious situation..when I submitted my application it requested me to supply my family information and I provided family member of 2 instead of 1 and now they are asking me to provide info supporting this...any idea what should I do ?

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
MOntario said:
Guys I need serious and immediate help I got a msg from CiC saying that my applcation is in serious situation..when I submitted my application it requested me to supply my family information and I provided family member of 2 instead of 1 and now they are asking me to provide info supporting this...any idea what should I do ?
Are you single applicant? If it is mistake, then you should explain them.

MOntario

Feb 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2015
Nomination.....
08-Apr-2015
How do I modify my marital status after I have submitted my PR application ?

MOntario

Feb 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2015
Nomination.....
08-Apr-2015
miltoncsekuet said:
Are you single applicant? If it is mistake, then you should explain them.

How do I explain this mistake ?...I cant find any links to upload an additional document nor any needed documents !..neither can I modify the number of family members !...please help me if u know to contact them

VB85

Jun 23, 2016
fkl said:
People do this all the time. In fact because of short validity of COPR, majority of FSWs land here, stay for a couple weeks as vacation, get credit cards / driver's license etc. to start a credit history, then go back and move again in six months - to a year's time. PRTD is probably single entry. I am sure you can search and read its procedure and validity.

Don't know of any one losing their card in courier. You would only need PRTD in case you have lost your Card or something.
Thanks a lot! But i am amazed how people(my friends and relatives) who stay in canada doesnt know anything like this. That is really strange

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
VB85 said:
Thanks a lot! But i am amazed how people(my friends and relatives) who stay in canada doesnt know anything like this. That is really strange
You are most welcome. Obviously its hard to speculate why they don't know about it. In fact its surprising for me to think every one you know always moved permanently at the time of their landing. That is certainly not the norm for the people I know. Only exception being people who are already here - on work permits.

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
MOntario said:
How do I explain this mistake ?...I cant find any links to upload an additional document nor any needed documents !..neither can I modify the number of family members !...please help me if u know to contact them
Raise CSE, send mail to your VO

May422

May 5, 2016
Hello,

I'm wondering of my processing times. See my application status EE CEC - Inland

ITA: 03/23/16
Medical upfront (05/02): passed
eApplication submitted: 05/08/16
Paid upfront: 05/08
AOR: 05/09/16
Background Check: Progress 05/18
Additional docs requested: 05/18
Submitted CELPIP: 05/19
Additional docs requested: 06/14
Submitted: 06/20

I have no received any information after, I'm wondering how much longer it will take to get my passport requested? How long CIC gives you to send the passport after requested?
I have two trips, one in November and another Dec-Jan and I'm trying to figure out how/when/ where do landing etc!

Could you please help me.

Thank you.

GKZ1

Nov 14, 2015
May422 said:
Hello,

I'm wondering of my processing times. See my application status EE CEC - Inland

ITA: 03/23/16
Medical upfront (05/02): passed
eApplication submitted: 05/08/16
Paid upfront: 05/08
AOR: 05/09/16
Background Check: Progress 05/18
Additional docs requested: 05/18
Submitted CELPIP: 05/19
Additional docs requested: 06/14
Submitted: 06/20

I have no received any information after, I'm wondering how much longer it will take to get my passport requested? How long CIC gives you to send the passport after requested?
I have two trips, one in November and another Dec-Jan and I'm trying to figure out how/when/ where do landing etc!

Could you please help me.

Thank you.
Hi, at the current pace, expect the Passport Request (PPR) by mid-October, at least (with a high chance for this to happen in November). Many cases are going beyond 6 months CURRENTLY, so consider this scenario. When you have your PPR, the ideal is to verify with your visa office up to when the passport can be sent - but I suggest ASAP because the visa issuance is time sensitive. After they receive the passport, they promise to return it back to you within 30 days (but most cases do not take that long - usually 15-20 days).

From now until mid-October, there is nothing you can do except waiting. If it starts to kill you slowly and painfully, you can request a GCMS Note - which will also demand patience from you, as it takes around 30-40 days to be ready and delivered.

I hope it helps you.