Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
ngelsa said:
I would just like to share some good news with you all. Today I have received an email message in my inbox saying that I have a message in my MyCIC account. I logged onto my MyCIC account while my heart was pounding heavier and faster than ever, I downloaded the PDF message and found out that it was a Passport Request.

After all the hiccups CIC finally has a decision made for my application and I am sending my passport to them today.

To the rest of you: Good Luck and your PR will come in no time.

Congrats bro! The long wait it almost over. Such a relief seeing FSW applicants inland are getting their PPRs!

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
I had my medical passed
and BG check in progress today.

I didn get any Email notification nethier I can see ECAS active when I try to access it using the EE application number!
Is this normal ??

My application page reads as following (Submission date July 4th)

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
A final decision has been reached Not Started

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
ngelsa said:
Congrats!! :)

Quick question , So are you gonna ask for PNP application fee refund ?

tbcan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
ngelsa said:
I would just like to share some good news with you all. Today I have received an email message in my inbox saying that I have a message in my MyCIC account. I logged onto my MyCIC account while my heart was pounding heavier and faster than ever, I downloaded the PDF message and found out that it was a Passport Request.

After all the hiccups CIC finally has a decision made for my application and I am sending my passport to them today.

congrats - looks like you have had quite the battle with the history below your name!! - congrats again

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
ngelsa said:

You described the same way I feel I have any email in my email ID nowadays.

Congrats bro, it is your day, have fun

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
Hi All

Need guidance for the situation I am in. My current wp expires in 2 weeks. I received EE AOR more than 3 months ago but it is still application received from day 1. In the meantime I applied for BOWP. But going by the processing times of BOWP, decision would not be made before another 7 weeks. I have a new employer offer, not the current employer, just after the current one expires. The new employer would give in the formal letters stuff etc by this weekend. My queries are

1. Would I able to work for new employer without getting approval of BOWP.

2. I could officially apply for a new work permit by this weekend. Do I need to wait till the new work permit arrives or can I continue to work with the new employer if the application for new work permit is filed? (Note this application is new and not BOWP).

3. Probably the more important.....consider I cannot work under the new work permit (because it would not be processed in 2 weeks time) or cannot work under BOWP (implied status) because it is a new employer and a decision has not been made ......could I still legally stay in Canada while the applications are being processed. My TRV expires in 2 Weeks as the current WP date and cannot renew it as I do not have a new WP. Could I legally stay in Canada?

Could the forum members let me known your opinions, please. Thanks.

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
niagary said:
Hi All

Need guidance for the situation I am in. My current wp expires in 2 weeks. I received EE AOR more than 3 months ago but it is still application received from day 1. In the meantime I applied for BOWP. But going by the processing times of BOWP, decision would not be made before another 7 weeks. I have a new employer offer, not the current employer, just after the current one expires. The new employer would give in the formal letters stuff etc by this weekend. My queries are

2. I could officially apply for a new work permit by this weekend. Do I need to wait till the new work permit arrives or can I continue to work with the new employer if the application for new work permit is filed? (Note this application is new and not BOWP).

3. Probably the more important.....consider I cannot work under the new work permit (because it would not be processed in 2 weeks time) or cannot work under BOWP (implied status) because it is a new employer and a decision has not been made ......could I still legally stay in Canada while the applications are being processed. My TRV expires in 2 Weeks as the current WP date and cannot renew it as I do not have a new WP. Could I legally stay in Canada?

You're still considered under implied status expecting a BOWP. However, I am not sure if your previous WP is a Open WP or not. I believe if you have a open WP that is expiring soon you are ok to work with New Employer. It is better to consult an attorney with this query. Don't take any risks or chances at this stage. Good Luck!!

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
jaffa83 said:
You're still considered under implied status expecting a BOWP. However, I am not sure if your previous WP is a Open WP or not. I believe if you have a open WP that is expiring soon you are ok to work with New Employer. It is better to consult an attorney with this query. Don't take any risks or chances at this stage. Good Luck!!

Thanks Jaffa for your prompt reply. My current Wp is a closed one, not an open one. Any idea one can legally stay under implied status?

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
niagary said:
Hi All

According to my understanding once you get BOWP approved you should be able to switch until then you cannot work for someone other then your current employer.

As far as I understand before BOWP approval, your implied status is for your closed work permit.

Paddy Canada

Jul 15, 2015
Hi, I'm looking for advice please.

I am in Canada on a 2 year working holiday visa which expires shortly. I have just submitted my PR application and am applying now for BOWP.

Is it true that I cannot apply with my automated AOR??.

I understand that I can continue working on implied status but as I need to leave Canada and travel to Europe for a few days I'm afraid that the BOWP will not have been processed and I will lose my implied status.

I am on a 2 year working holiday visa now and i was wondering if anyone knows if I can apply for an IEC under young professionals?

The trip to Europe is essential. thanks

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
Hello guys,

I've got my PPR but MYCIC shows Background check in progress. I have read that many of you called CIC to ask the application status and they have responded by letting you know the status. I've called thrice on 1-888-242-2100 and the answer I'm getting is they are not allowed to tell me the status before the 6 month period end. Should I call a different phone number?

Kindly advice

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
kkpar said:
Hello guys,

I've got my PPR but MYCIC shows Background check in progress. I have read that many of you called CIC to ask the application status and they have responded by letting you know the status. I've called thrice on 1-888-242-2100 and the answer I'm getting is they are not allowed to tell me the status before the 6 month period end. Should I call a different phone number?

Kindly advice
Congrats for the ppr. The number is same. May be you can try one more time and some other person may assist you.

Can u share your timeline?

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
ngelsa said:

Congratulations ngelsa

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkpar said:
Hello guys,

Kindly advice
I don't understand. If you've gotten your PPR then why are you concerned that your background check is still in process? The people that call CIC for updates are those whose ECAS show decision made but haven't received any PPR letter. CIC follows no particular pattern when updating mycic hence relax, when they're ready they'll update your mycic account.