+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

RozieGz

Apr 9, 2015
Barista said:
I applied april 23,, got aor may 16
ohh well.... you have a long wait ahead. Don't worry unless your permit is about to expire. wating for 6 months is better than the 18 months that was with the previous system. So cheer up! and forget about this for a while! cheek the forum to keep the alerts... but just relax... :)

RozieGz

Apr 9, 2015
alde81 said:
Hello Senior,

I just wanna ask about my work permit, going to expired,

I apply BOWP using my AOR on May 20, 2015, my EE application is on going, and my ecas status is Application Recieved
and my agency planning to apply me again my work permit extension using LMIA file number, this coming july 1.
my work permit will expired in july 10, 2015.

my question is , is it ok to have double work permit application,?
do I need to hold the another work permit extension, untill desion made to my BOWP application is done?

my agency didn't know I'm already applied my own work permit (BOWP) using my AOR.
cause I didn't see in cic website that prohibiting double application.
thanks for whose ever answer my question.
Hi Alde!

You actually do not need to apply for another LMIA using work-permit.
I am in the same situation.
My current work permit will expire in august.
My EE is ongoing.
Apply for BOWP.

BOWP was designed to avoid employers the hazzard of re-applying for LMIA and going trough all the procedure again.
So it is quick and easy to get.
Currently they are taking like 3 months, but that is their problem. (before it only took 2 weeks to get BOWP)

Legally speaking, if you apply for PR and then for BOWP but you have NO ANSWER from government yet, you are LEGALLY allowed to WORK for your same employer (keeping your position) under IMPLIED STATUS.

On the other hand, I've heard that VO's do not like much when people do not use the tools the system has provided to make things easier. But that's just something I heard long time ago from someone that had to face an interview.
Obviously it is up to you how you want to handle your situation.

:) good luck!

alde81

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
RozieGz said:
Hi Alde!

You actually do not need to apply for another LMIA using work-permit.
I am in the same situation.
My current work permit will expire in august.
My EE is ongoing.
Apply for BOWP.

BOWP was designed to avoid employers the hazzard of re-applying for LMIA and going trough all the procedure again.
So it is quick and easy to get.
Currently they are taking like 3 months, but that is their problem. (before it only took 2 weeks to get BOWP)

Legally speaking, if you apply for PR and then for BOWP but you have NO ANSWER from government yet, you are LEGALLY allowed to WORK for your same employer (keeping your position) under IMPLIED STATUS.

On the other hand, I've heard that VO's do not like much when people do not use the tools the system has provided to make things easier. But that's just something I heard long time ago from someone that had to face an interview.
Obviously it is up to you how you want to handle your situation.

:) good luck!

They applied my LMIA way before, since january, I got ITA on february, so my LMIA on process even before I get invitation, and my LMIA application not guarantee to get positive or not, so I apply my own work permit using my EE AOR, and I didn't tell them about it. Do you think its is ok for them to apply me another work permit extension using my lmia file number? did I put my self in trouble with cic?

RozieGz

Apr 9, 2015
I don't think you would get in trouble. Just add a letter of explanation saying that you already had the LMIA under your name, and that's why you are choosing to proceed with that method to extend your stay in Canada while you are waiting for their final decision on your case.
You'll be fine. I didn't meant to scare you. EE is all very new and inconsistent, so we must try to collaborate as much as we can between us fellows.

alde81

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
I don't have LMIA yet, just a file number. And I already applied bowp last may 20, by myself.
But my agency will apply again an work permit extension using LMIA file number(not lmia itself), im july 1,2015. Do u think its ok to have double application in one service but different way?
Bowp applied may 20- online.
Extension work permit july1- paper(nxt week)

I read here before one member applied both work permit(bowp) at the same time but different date and diffrent way(online and paper).
I can't find him here.

Barista

Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23 2015
Doc's Request.
(Celpip) 15 05 15
AOR Received.
15 05 15
RozieGz said:
ohh well.... you have a long wait ahead. Don't worry unless your permit is about to expire. wating for 6 months is better than the 18 months that was with the previous system. So cheer up! and forget about this for a while! cheek the forum to keep the alerts... but just relax... :)
Thanks roziegz..thats what im gonna do.. Relax and wait,, hoping for the good news for all of us...

hollaugo

Sep 29, 2014
Guys, quick question. After You send your passport what is the estimated time till they send it back to you. any ideas

candy00

Sep 9, 2013
Hi,
Can someone please tell me if you live in Toronto, do you send the passport copies in a National or in a Regional Xpresspost to CPC-Ottawa? And do we fold the Xpresspost inside the Xpresspost that I am going to send to CPC-Ottawa?
Thank you

nnik

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got a request for Schedule A and to pay the RPRF :) :) :). So exited!!!
Ecas is still Application Received.

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, my Background check updated (From In Progress) to "Not Needed at This Time" This Morning, anyone with the same pattern?

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
candy00 said:
Hi,
Can someone please tell me if you live in Toronto, do you send the passport copies in a National or in a Regional Xpresspost to CPC-Ottawa? And do we fold the Xpresspost inside the Xpresspost that I am going to send to CPC-Ottawa?
Thank you
It's Regional. Residents of QC and ON will fall under same region.

@nnik...congrats in advance as your COPR is around the corner. Hopefully within few weeks to days now.

bonvoyage

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
uncle_smile said:
Hi, my Background check updated (From In Progress) to "Not Needed at This Time" This Morning, anyone with the same pattern?
Recently for some one happened same and later next they were asked for Schedule A. after submitting Schedule theier back ground went back to Inprogress.

Hope this helps, you may contact them PJR3055 or see the posts of this user

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonvoyage said:
Recently for some one happened same and later next they were asked for Schedule A. after submitting Schedule theier back ground went back to Inprogress.

Hope this helps, you may contact them PJR3055 or see the posts of this user
Nice, Thank You and +1

RozieGz

Apr 9, 2015
alde81 said:
I don't have LMIA yet, just a file number. And I already applied bowp last may 20, by myself.
But my agency will apply again an work permit extension using LMIA file number(not lmia itself), im july 1,2015. Do u think its ok to have double application in one service but different way?
Bowp applied may 20- online.
Extension work permit july1- paper(nxt week)

I read here before one member applied both work permit(bowp) at the same time but different date and diffrent way(online and paper).
I can't find him here.
Well, I don't know. It was just my opinion. Just go ahead as it was your plan!
But I don't think it is necessary to do the lmia workpermit when you have EE and BOPW under processing.

It is my understanding (please Seniors correct me if I'm wrong), that you can't have different applications at the same time. Meaning that as soon as one of them comes out the rest will automatically drop. So let's say BOPW comes first than the regular WP, then the regular will get cancel (not your EE because that is different).

So, again, is up to you...!