+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants who received AOR connect here

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you read it right.
What polojesef means is you submit your docs before your wp expires.
Therefore, even your wp expired. You are still in the pool and your application will be processed without lose any points.
Think about this: What if your wp will expire on the next day after you submit your docs?
Will you get the PR by next day?
The answer couldn't be more clear, isn't?
My personal experience, I would say during the time of your wp expire and you get your PER (which is your Eligibility of Review passed),
You will not be able to apply BOWP and you can't work either.
They are not responsible for this.
Even you got your PER, you still can't apply BOWP after your wp expired.
The only thing you can do is change your status to visitor before your wp expired and keep waiting for the result.
Check the BOWP content I quote form CIC:

-----------------------

Bridging work permit: eligibility parameters
To be eligible for a bridging work permit, foreign nationals must meet the following requirements:

they are currently in Canada;
they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months;
they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the FSTP, or the PNP (see note below);
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
they have applied for an open work permit.

-----------------------------

If you know FSW2 (Arranged Employment category), you will know.
Once you lose your job, you may no longer eligible for FSW2.
That's how they define FSW2!

But I wish you keep in faith. Cause in old system it took around 4 months to get your PER.
I think during EE, it will much faster than old system.
Just get your paper ready and once your EOR passed, apply it online right away!!!
Good Luck!!

krishna19 said:
so as per your message earlier so I will get PR result before May 23rd 2015... Do you mean this or you mean I dont loose any points even my PR application is in process..

I submitted my education assessment application on Jan and World education service ill send my ECA report soon and also when I applied I've used recent PCC of two countries INDIA + UK and third one Sweden I used last year June since its stil valid .. I've applied new sweden PCC but I didnt receive them on time ... So I applied using the old Sweden PCC . With the help of AOR once I recieve both i.e Sweden recent PCC and WES ECA report I will send them...

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Not a major update. Didn't receive any mail but back ground check changed to Not Started.

31 JAN received ITA
02 MAR application submitted
02 MAR AOR
02 MAR eligibility review in progress
08 MAR A Background check - Not Started
PATH - FSW

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tempa said:
Therefore, even your wp expired. You are still in the pool and your application will be processed without lose any points.
Think about this: What if your wp will expire on the next day after you submit your docs?
My personal experience, I would say during the time of your wp expire and you get your PER (which is your Eligibility of Review passed),
The only thing you can do is change your status to visitor before your wp expired and keep waiting for the result.

-----------------------

To be eligible for a bridging work permit, foreign nationals must meet the following requirements:

they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months;
they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the FSTP, or the PNP (see note below);
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and

But I wish you keep in faith. Cause in old system it took around 4 months to get your PER.
Just get your paper ready and once your EOR passed, apply it online right away!!!
Good Luck!!

Thanks a lot for your response ... Anyway's I will call CIC tomorrow to confirm..

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for update this!!!
It's pretty fast in your case change background status.
good luck!
Intocanada said:
Not a major update. Didn't receive any mail but back ground check changed to Not Started.

31 JAN received ITA
02 MAR AOR
PATH - FSW

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ressie Timbang said:
hi forever21..I'm on my 4 years cap they gave me only 1 year for my 2 years LMO Validity....and I used that LMO for my EE profile...
Hi Ressie Timbang

Can I ask where are you at now ? If you are in Alberta then you can apply for an additional work permit if you have submitted AINP application before July 2014 LOL

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tempa said:

-----------------------

Good Luck!!
Tempa ...I can't agree with you more
So if your WP is going to expire soon then the safest way is to get a new LMIA so it will help you to get a new WP :)

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope for the best said:
Hi Ressie Timbang

Can I ask where are you at now ? If you are in Alberta then you can apply for an additional work permit if you have submitted AINP application before July 2014 LOL
Hi,

Can you please support that information with a link?

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
Ressie Timbang said:
hi forever21..I'm on my 4 years cap they gave me only 1 year for my 2 years LMO Validity....and I used that LMO for my EE profile...
You can get BOWP because you will be exempted from the 4 year cap once you have submitted your PR application and received first stage approval (meaning having an AOR). For more information you can check out the CIC website.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
krishna19 said:
Thanks a lot for your response ... Anyway's I will call CIC tomorrow to confirm..
I'd be really interested in what the CIC say during your phone call.

My work permit will be valid for a long time but I work in a volatile industry... So knowing I'll get my PR even if I lose my job between sending my documents and receiving PR would be a lot of peace of mind...

Let us know what you find out! :)

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
hulahoop said:
I'd be really interested in what the CIC say during your phone call.

My work permit will be valid for a long time but I work in a volatile industry... So knowing I'll get my PR even if I lose my job between sending my documents and receiving PR would be a lot of peace of mind...

Let us know what you find out! :)
Work permit expiring is different than changing job or loss of job. According to the literature posted on the CIC website applicants are still required to update CIC of the change in conditions and CIC will determine your eligibility.

hulahoop

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
12-06-2015
ngelsa said:
Work permit expiring is different than changing job or loss of job. According to the literature posted on the CIC website applicants are still required to update CIC of the change in conditions and CIC will determine your eligibility.
Right but lapse of work permit would also result in losing your job so either way there's a job loss involved right? Unless I'm misunderstanding.

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Same here.

31 JAN received ITA
19 FEB application submitted
20 FEB AOR
20 FEB eligibility review in progress
07 MAR A Background check - Not Started
PATH - FSW

Intocanada said:

31 JAN received ITA
02 MAR AOR
PATH - FSW

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colorblind said:
Hi,

Can you please support that information with a link?
Hi Colorblind

It was on CBC news and please see below link,
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/some-temporary-foreign-workers-in-alberta-to-get-reprieve-1.2943184

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is only for ppl who have been here since 2011 or earlier. So do not generalize.
There are ppl who have applied for Ainp last year with no news yet, but cannot fall into this option.

Tamsina

Feb 6, 2015
Here is my delightful story so far to add to the mix ;)

03 Feb received ITA for FSW
18th Feb submitted application, received AOR
20th FEB ITA under FSW Cancelled (it was issued in a system error as I had no ECA. Funnily enough it came in the mail yesterday)
20th FEB Received ITA for CEC (808 and above were invited to apply, will not receive a standard letter on invitation, did not have to re-submit information as I had already submitted an application that qualifies under CEC)
10th MAR: Application Open, Review of Eligibility: Review in Progress, Review of medical: not needed at this time, Review of submitted documents: Not needed at this time, Scheduling an interview: not needed at this time, A background check is needed: not needed at this time, A final decision had been reached: Not started

My Work Permit Expires Jul 31st 2015, I'll be submitting for a BOWP on March 31st 2015.