+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Jamaica

JamJel

Feb 16, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Received my PR visa this month, so I've been looking around for advise on finding a job, landing, etc. So glad to find fellow yardies!

For those who have landed, did you apply for jobs from Ja? If yes, did you put Ja or Canadian address?

Thanks in advance for your help!

andre3000

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-12-2016
JamJel said:
Hi Everyone,

Received my PR visa this month, so I've been looking around for advise on finding a job, landing, etc. So glad to find fellow yardies!

For those who have landed, did you apply for jobs from Ja? If yes, did you put Ja or Canadian address?

Congrats!

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
JamJel said:
Hi Everyone,

I applied for jobs in the weeks leading up to my landing and was lucky to get one before I landed. Make sure your LinkedIn page is up to scratch and your resume is perfect. Put a Canadian address and phone number on the resume and remove all traces of Jamaica (shorten company names if you so have to e.g. Electoral Office of Jamaica should just be EOJ). Under the education section, mention that your degrees have Canadian equivalency by WES etc. If there are internationally recognized certifications for your field then get those done because they will help.

You can search for jobs on Indeed.ca, workopolis and lots of other sites. I've been contacted by people who found my resume posted online so make sure you do that as well. Good luck!

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
Credit to fellow forum member lucian....saw this great find. Thought it might be helpful for all of us for settlement.

http://settlementonlineprearrival.ca

SOPA is designed to help pre-landed newcomers find and retain employment in Canada. SOPA engages a network of 6 settlement agencies across the country to deliver training to prepare immigrants for successful integration into the Canadian labour market. MOSAIC is the sole proud provider of SOPA in British Columbia. SOPA’s primary focus is targeted to pre-arrival employment related activities/ outcomes and includes components related to needs assessments, referrals and information and orientation as it relates to strengthening the employment and workforce integration goals. Job search, job readiness and job retention are at the core of SOPA's 5 facilitated and self directed courses.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?

• Must have received approval to immigrate to Canada, currently live outside of Canada and have one of the following documents:
o a Permanent Resident Card
o a letter notifying pick-up of Canadian visa (visa for permanent resident applicants only)
o a medical notification/ security notification letter
o a Canadian visa (but have not landed in Canada yet)
• Have English (IELTS) level 5.5 or higher is an asset
• Have access to a computer and high speed Internet

CONTACT / REGISTER..

• For more information visit our webpage
• Contact us by email sopa@mosaicbc.com
• Register at settlementonlineprearrival.ca

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
MASF said:
Hi Guys:

Finally my medicals have changed to pass. Any news anyone?
Thats good! When did u do your medicals? Whats your AOr date??

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
MASF said:
Hi Guys:

Finally my medicals have changed to pass. Any news anyone?
Finally some movement on your application.

JamJel

Feb 16, 2016
YamPower said:
I applied for jobs in the weeks leading up to my landing and was lucky to get one before I landed. Make sure your LinkedIn page is up to scratch and your resume is perfect. Put a Canadian address and phone number on the resume and remove all traces of Jamaica (shorten company names if you so have to e.g. Electoral Office of Jamaica should just be EOJ). Under the education section, mention that your degrees have Canadian equivalency by WES etc. If there are internationally recognized certifications for your field then get those done because they will help.

You can search for jobs on Indeed.ca, workopolis and lots of other sites. I've been contacted by people who found my resume posted online so make sure you do that as well. Good luck!
Thanks so much for the info!

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
MASF said:
AOR Nov 10
Did medicals Nov 2
How dem a tie you out like goat so? No man. Call CIC and find out what's going on. The number is 613-944-4000.

Jamaican_Chinese

Oct 27, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2015
Nomination.....
January 6, 2016
AOR Received.
January 30, 2016
Med's Done....
January 20, 2016
Passport Req..
March 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 23, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016
Hi guys,

I received my PPR yesterday, March 4!!! Thank you so much for all your support!
Special big ups to YamPower....always willing to help with sound advice!

It's coming guys....it's coming!

AckeenSaltfish

Mar 5, 2016
Greetings, Been following this group for a awhile and it has really helped me to keep my hopes up. I was just sitting in EE with just below 400 score. Not a thing happening for all of 2015. But then I read one of the posts and just decided to change my "only going to Toronto" frame of mind and tried for PNP to Sasketchewan. Accepted on Dec 29, 2015. ITA in Jan 2016. Did meds and police report and and waiting hopeful for PPR.

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Jamaican_Chinese said:
Hi guys,

I received my PPR yesterday, March 4!!! Thank you so much for all your support!
Special big ups to YamPower....always willing to help with sound advice!

It's coming guys....it's coming!

Congrats!!!!!

All the best on your new journey

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
AckeenSaltfish said:
Greetings, Been following this group for a awhile and it has really helped me to keep my hopes up. I was just sitting in EE with just below 400 score. Not a thing happening for all of 2015. But then I read one of the posts and just decided to change my "only going to Toronto" frame of mind and tried for PNP to Sasketchewan. Accepted on Dec 29, 2015. ITA in Jan 2016. Did meds and police report and and waiting hopeful for PPR.

So very happy for you. Hope others who are waiting go your route. Good Luck friend.