+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Jamaica

Bella5

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If CIC could just drop me a line once a month saying don't worry we working on it I'd really appreciate it but Alas life would we be too simple. The gym has been my distraction.

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Bella5 said:
If CIC could just drop me a line once a month saying don't worry we working on it I'd really appreciate it but Alas life would we be too simple. The gym has been my distraction.
Trust me I wish the same. I just want this process to be over so I can lave Jamaica. It wont be easy in Canada especially with the recession but at least if you are willing to work hard there are opportunities.

I had hoped to be gone before the election took place.

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
MASF said:
Trust me I wish the same. I just want this process to be over so I can lave Jamaica. It wont be easy in Canada especially with the recession but at least if you are willing to work hard there are opportunities.

I had hoped to be gone before the election took place.
I agree with you MASF. Hoping it comes soon for everyone.

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
MASF said:
Nova Scotia. I am a PNP applicant
K....Nova Scotia. I was thinking Alberta initially but given the downturn in the economy I am not sure.

Maybe Toronto given I am in Finance field or Manitoba. Doing some international certification now to enhance my qualifications.

Kim83

Jan 15, 2015
I want to take the time out to give all my fellow Jamaican a bit of encouragement as your go through the Express Entry process, as well as share my experience with you. Hang in there because I know at times the silence from CIC will want to get the better of you.

Canada is not a bed of roses but if you are determine, willing to work and nuh watch nuh face, sky is the limit. Just bear in mind that at times you will have to "survive" until you are able to "live". When you have bills to pay a job is a job and funny enough one of my survival jobs aided me with my Express Entry application. I started out as a Front Counter Server at a restaurant and within a year I was supervisor.

I came to Canada in 2011 as an International student, applied under Express Entry in 2015. My process went like this:

ITA: March 20th
AOR: May 6th
PPR: September 13th
Landed September 26th

The longest 4 months of my life. Keep the faith and hang in there, feel free to reach out with any questions. My application was under Experience Class

One Love

Reactions: WAT876

Ontariolove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2015
AOR Received.
21-12-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-5-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Kim83 said:
I want to take the time out to give all my fellow Jamaican a bit of encouragement as your go through the Express Entry process, as well as share my experience with you. Hang in there because I know at times the silence from CIC will want to get the better of you.

Canada is not a bed of roses but if you are determine, willing to work and nuh watch nuh face, sky is the limit. Just bear in mind that at times you will have to "survive" until you are able to "live". When you have bills to pay a job is a job and funny enough one of my survival jobs aided me with my Express Entry application. I started out as a Front Counter Server at a restaurant and within a year I was supervisor.

I came to Canada in 2011 as an International student, applied under Express Entry in 2015. My process went like this:

ITA: March 20th
AOR: May 6th
PPR: September 13th
Landed September 26th

The longest 4 months of my life. Keep the faith and hang in there, feel free to reach out with any questions. My application was under Experience Class

One Love
MASF,

I'm in Toronto...CEC category. No educated Jamaicans I know here feeling the 'recession'. But I only speaking for Ontario. Alberta may be a different story because their economy runs on oil.

Opportunities are here. Just pray your papers sort out quickly and come in.

Like my friend above - I came here 5 years ago. Worked a year, then studied for 3 years. I am working in Accounting now. But it wasn't a easy road. What I find rewarding is that you see results here when you put in the work.

All the best too all the Yaardies!

Bella5

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys the wait is much sometimes but at least there is something to look forward to. Is there anything you landed Jamaicans would do differently since you been there?
author=Ontariolove link=topic=315829.msg4967372#msg4967372 date=1455033616]
MASF,

I'm in Toronto...CEC category. No educated Jamaicans I know here feeling the 'recession'. But I only speaking for Ontario. Alberta may be a different story because their economy runs on oil.

Like my friend above - I came here 5 years ago. Worked a year, then studied for 3 years. I am working in Accounting now. But it wasn't a easy road. What I find rewarding is that you see results here when you put in the work.

[/quote]

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
Thanks for the encouragement Kim83 and Ontariolove.
I have friends in Alberta who are ok too and not really feeling the recession, they are in healthcare jobs though.

As Kim says the silence is something else... Seeing the posts from others too increases the paranoia.

Kim83

Jan 15, 2015
Bella5 said:
Thanks guys the wait is much sometimes but at least there is something to look forward to. Is there anything you landed Jamaicans would do differently since you been there?
MASF,

Bella5 to be honest with you, there isnt much that I would have change. What I went through has equipped me to appreciate all the small things in life. It good to network, stay humble and what you might think is a person "dissing" you, might just be greatest turning point in your life.

JZPASSI

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Doc's Request.
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
29-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-02-2017
Hi Experts,

I have applied my application while I was in swiss on Nov 22 ( Swiss address). I was not sure whether my profile is in Paris or Delhi ( Being Indian Citizen)

Yday i called CIC and they told me that my Visa office is in 'Pretoria' ( normally responsible for African countries).
Don't know how my file landed to Pretoria..

I asked CIC the same but they dnt have any clue ..!!! have you seen this type of case?

How is Pretoria processing time

Ontariolove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2015
AOR Received.
21-12-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-5-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Bella5 said:
MASF,
None really. My suggestions to young professionals moving here is don't be afraid to make a sacrifice and go back to school here or get some Canadian qualification.

I know for more mature people with families it can be a challenge to go back to school. And in such case you have to network and may have to start small.

But I have found many new immigrant find it challenging when they realize that the first year or so they realize the market may be asking for Canadian education and or experience.

Just be persistent- I realize that our natural friendliness and willingness to work hard is very valuable in the Canadian work place. My boss actually told me that and I have seen it over and over. Some of my Canadian friends keep telling me they are amazed how successful Jamaicans are when they enter the job market compared to people that were born here.

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
JZPASSI said:
Hi Experts,

I have applied my application while I was in swiss on Nov 22 ( Swiss address). I was not sure whether my profile is in Paris or Delhi ( Being Indian Citizen)

Yday i called CIC and they told me that my Visa office is in 'Pretoria' ( normally responsible for African countries).
Don't know how my file landed to Pretoria..

I asked CIC the same but they dnt have any clue ..!!! have you seen this type of case?

How is Pretoria processing time
Hello,

As the title suggests, these users are mostly Jamaican or from the Caribbean so they won't have much of a clue about what you're talking about. There are many other posts from users in your geographic area. I suggest taking a look there.

Bella5

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks dear.
Ontariolove said:
None really. My suggestions to young professionals moving here is don't be afraid to make a sacrifice and go back to school here or get some Canadian qualification.

I know for more mature people with families it can be a challenge to go back to school. And in such case you have to network and may have to start small.

But I have found many new immigrant find it challenging when they realize that the first year or so they realize the market may be asking for Canadian education and or experience.

Just be persistent- I realize that our natural friendliness and willingness to work hard is very valuable in the Canadian work place. My boss actually told me that and I have seen it over and over. Some of my Canadian friends keep telling me they are amazed how successful Jamaicans are when they enter the job market compared to people that were born here.

genajamaica

Sep 29, 2011
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2015
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-05-2015
Med's Request
29-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-11-2015
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
LANDED..........
not yet
good day fellow Jamaicans,

I am new to your forum
I am in living in Kingston also in the process of migrating to Canada.
The route I have taken is the Quebec Skilled worker program.

I applied for permanent resident January 2015 and I am actually waiting on the passport request at this time. My ecas was updated in December with medical received, and all fees has been paid so far.

I am glad to find some yardies.