Express Entry Applicants from Jamaica

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4

K

I got ITA on Oct 2 - planning to submit the first week of November.

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
MASF said:
How much money did you put in the section that asked about settlement funds and how many persons are in your family
Put 12000

proxis.ja@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2015
KIN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
KIN
NOC Code......
MASF said:
How much money did you put in the section that asked about settlement funds and how many persons are in your family
Im the only person in family. I put 12000 for settlement funds.
Question for the IELTS score do I convert it to CLB and enter that in the application?
For the ECA for my degree the ECA# is for example 123459IMM do i put in the IMM portion of it or just the number?
Not sure if these could be the reasons it said ineligible?
For faster conversation maybe u can whatsapp me 18768267427

Drenalin04

Oct 13, 2015
proxis.ja@gmail.com said:
Im the only person in family. I put 12000 for settlement funds.

12000 is enough for a single person applying under FSW

Question for the IELTS score do I convert it to CLB and enter that in the application?

Enter the IELTS Score as is

For the ECA for my degree the ECA# is for example 123459IMM do i put in the IMM portion of it or just the number?

Dont leave off the IMM Part ever!

Not sure if these could be the reasons it said ineligible?
For faster conversation maybe u can whatsapp me 18768267427

proxis.ja@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2015
KIN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
KIN
NOC Code......
Hey Drenalin04

Thanks for the response so I entered all that no variations and still ineligible. sigh

proxis.ja@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2015
KIN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
KIN
NOC Code......
So I just reviewed the past applications and it seem i put 11000 for the amount carrying that could be the issue. I changed it to 12000 and it went through got a CRS of 438 now I am into the waiting game.

Thanks for the countless comments i have read on the forum it really helped.

Jamaican_Chinese

Oct 27, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2015
Nomination.....
January 6, 2016
AOR Received.
January 30, 2016
Med's Done....
January 20, 2016
Passport Req..
March 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 23, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016
Hi All,

I have a few questions, i hope someone can assist me.

1) I am Jamaican and i have 2 degrees, undergrad (UTECH) and a masters (chinese university). I only paid for my masters to be assessed by WES (today) on the basis that it is worth more points. Should i also do an assessment for the undergrad degree? If so, is it too late?

2) The Chinese University will send my documents directly to WES, should these also include my WES Reference number?

3) How do i get a provincial nomination? Is it a job offer, do you submit you resumes to employers?
The preliminary test indicates that i have 413 points ( this doesn't sound good to me).

Many thanks,

Jamaican_Chinese

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Jamaican_Chinese said:
Hi All,

I had a few questions, i hope someone can assist me.

1) I am Jamaican and i have 2 degrees, undergrad (UTECH) and a masters (chinese university). I only paid for my masters to be assessed by WES (today) on the basis that it is worth more points. Should i also do an assessment for the undergrad degree? If so, is it too late?

I had both my BBA and MBA assessed by WES (jus to be on the safe side)

2) The Chinese University will send my documents directly to WES, should these also include my WES Reference number?

Yes, when you apply to WES they ask that you download the form with or include the form and write your Reference number. So recheck your email from WES that you got when you paid and print the form that it speaks of (think there is a link in the said email). The university should fill that out and the form accompany
your transcripts.

3) How do i get a provincial nomination? Is it a job offer, do you submit you resumes to employers?
The preliminary test indicates that i have 413 points ( this doesn't sound good to me).

Based on my knowledge, at the moment I think only Ontario and British Columbia are offering province nomination. These two provinces view your profile and decide if they want to invite you and offer province nomination if you provide the necessary documents in the stipulated timeframe. Check their websites. Alberta and Sastchewan province nomination have closed for the year to reopen in January or February 2016. So what you can do is go on the respective province websites and view the immigration province programs and requirements and get your documents in order if you meet the requirements based on job title/in demand job and other criteria for when they reopen.

Also maybe you could improve your IELTS test if that made your express entry score fall off ...it would be good to have all components in Band 9 OR above. Dates will be released or have been released for 2016 so you get on that now before they are gone.

The other Experts will provide additional information and guide to you.......

Many thanks,

Jamaican_Chinese

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Hi All,

After uploading my required documents after ITA what do I click to submit my Permanent Residence Application and supporting documents???

I don't see any direction on how to submit the docs. and pay the $550.

Any assistance/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nyla

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
Passport Req..
May 10, 2016
Ebs68 said:
Anyone here in healthcare?
Hi, yeah in healthcare... How far are you in the whole process?

So finally got the ECA report (took from July to October) and missed the last draw by 9 points...

Waiting to see whats next with the draws seeing the new government will take over soon.

All the best to everyone!

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Tishfaith said:
Hi All,

After uploading my required documents after ITA what do I click to submit my Permanent Residence Application and supporting documents???

I don't see any direction on how to submit the docs. and pay the $550.

Any assistance/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I think you need to click continue so you can go to the page where you upload the documents. Read the page carefully, it should definitely be there.

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
YamPower said:
I think you need to click continue so you can go to the page where you upload the documents. Read the page carefully, it should definitely be there.
Yes, I clicked continue and uploaded my documents but NOW I am ready to submit and pay the $550. How do I submit the Permanent Residence Application and pay the $550 after uploading all the required documents???

Thanks

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Hi,

I got 1 of my bank statement today and the financial institution gave me the following:

- A letter explaining that I have been a member of the entity from X date and that my current balance is CD4,000.
- A printout of my accounts from May 1, 2015 to October 26, 2015. (This official printout shows all my transactions in my accounts with the entity)

The above information is on the financial institution letter head.

Is the above OK/sufficient?Huh

Also, May to October would suffice for the 6 months balances?

Thank you

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Tishfaith said:
Hi,

I got 1 of my bank statement today and the financial institution gave me the following:

- A letter explaining that I have been a member of the entity from X date and that my current balance is CD4,000.
- A printout of my accounts from May 1, 2015 to October 26, 2015. (This official printout shows all my transactions in my accounts with the entity)

The above information is on the financial institution letter head.

Is the above OK/sufficient?Huh

It is sufficient. I have seen where many have done this throughout the forum and had no issues

Also, May to October would suffice for the 6 months balances?

Thank you