Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
YamPower said:
Got it this afternoon!! Immigrant visa in mi passport! Can you imagine?!?! :eek: :eek: :D :D
Happy for u Yampower!!!! All the best on your journey :) My hubby got back his passport today and became a permanent resident. Thank the Lord... I'm awaiting my passport to join him soon with the kids :)

Kim83

Jan 15, 2015
Congrats to YamPower and everyone who got PPR, COPR or became PR. My daughter and I became PR on September 26th at the Peace Bridge crossing, it was such a wonderful feeling. The process was fairly easy but the wait time at the US side was almost three hours.

Canada has a lot to offer so congrats to everyone and all the best on your new life here, I wont mislead anyone and say its a bed of roses but as long as you have ambition and put God at the forefront of all that you do you will be ok.

All the best guys!!!

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
YamPower said:
My application was approved today! ;D ;D Hoping to get back the PP by Monday
Big up!! Yam Power aka....you have been very helpful to me and i'm sure a lot of persons in this forum. Always willng to give advise. All the best on your journey!!!!!!!!!! ;D

So now I am playing catch up and trying to get all this information in...i'm going thru these posts and bwoy di acronym dem a kill mi!!! but mi soon get it still

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Optimisticlady said:
Great... I think the fax helps. Think I'm gonna try that too.
I got DM and PPR Sept 24, 2015 (mi ketch two acronym) ;D What's the fax number used? (just in case) I know YamPower said it took 8 days for a response from KVO, how long did it take you Optimisticlady?

Bella5

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
Got it this afternoon!! Immigrant visa in mi passport! Can you imagine?!?! :eek: :eek: :D :D
Yampower congrats mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Thanks guys! I so appreciate the love.

Big ups Maas Joe! The excitement just a creep up on you now. Wait til the big landing tek place.

Guys mi fraid like puss. Resigning my job on Friday effective October 31. This dream is becoming a scary reality.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Kim83 said:
Congrats to YamPower and everyone who got PPR, COPR or became PR. My daughter and I became PR on September 26th at the Peace Bridge crossing, it was such a wonderful feeling. The process was fairly easy but the wait time at the US side was almost three hours.

Canada has a lot to offer so congrats to everyone and all the best on your new life here, I wont mislead anyone and say its a bed of roses but as long as you have ambition and put God at the forefront of all that you do you will be ok.

All the best guys!!!
Congrats to you and your family! All the best in Canada my dear

kimkim2015

Sep 30, 2015
Hey everyone. Any new express entry applicants? Just started the process. My husband got scheduled for the IELTS the end of Oct (Oct24th). So, I guess we'll take it from there. But any one in here still waiting or just about to begin the journey? CONGRATS to ALL who were successfull. Wish you guys all the very best: :D ;D

Tishawn

Jul 22, 2015
Hi KimKim2015,

I joined the express entry pool last weekend/September 26.

Did IELTS Test September 12 and got the result last Friday (September 25).

My score is 467-waiting for the next draw, hoping to get an ITA.

Bella5

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kimkim2015 said:
Hey everyone. Any new express entry applicants? Just started the process. My husband got scheduled for the IELTS the end of Oct (Oct24th). So, I guess we'll take it from there. But any one in here still waiting or just about to begin the journey? CONGRATS to ALL who were successfull. Wish you guys all the very best: :D ;D
Hi Kimkim
I'm waiting on my degree from UWI to send to WES should he getting it by next week. IELTS done so I'm just playing the wait game for my Master's. Good luck to your husband and Tish fingers crossed for your ITA!!!!

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Tishawn said:
Hi KimKim2015,

I joined the express entry pool last weekend/September 26.

Did IELTS Test September 12 and got the result last Friday (September 25).

My score is 467-waiting for the next draw, hoping to get an ITA.
That's a good score without provincial nominee or job offer...you should be selected soon.

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
Thanks (studied and prayed hard for that IELTS test which gave me 467 score).

I hope there is a draw tomorrow and we get an ITA.

I'm getting tired of my job.

I hope that my fellow Jamaicans who have got there PR like Yampower
will continue to come on the site to get us assistance and guide as we progress.

kimkim2015

Sep 30, 2015
Hey Tishawn!

WOOOW! :eek: That's a REALLLY good score! Congrats boo! It was soo rough trying to get an IELTS date for this year. It was all booked out.

Any advice on how to maximize the score? Do you have a Masters degree or Canadian work experience?

kimkim2015

Sep 30, 2015
Hi Bella,

Thank you ;D

How soon after your IELTS did you contact UWI re your transcript? Did you request it around the same time as IELTS or after?
Thanks much 8) :-*

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
KimKim2015, I practiced a lot and used sites such as:
1. IELTS Blog
2. IELTSLiz
3. IELTS Simon
4. ielts-exam

Reading:
- just practice past exams which you can google (IELTS Cambridge 1 up 9). These books have past paper for General Testing on all 4 components.

Listening:
- the books I noted above have listening test and the recording you can listen on youtube. Listening out for plurals and remember Capital letters for name of
people, places/addresses. J
JUST PRACTICE OVER AND OVER to master listening because it can make you or break you -a difference of Band 8 compared to Band 7.5 can change everything.

Writing:
- the websites IETLS Simon and IELTS-EXAM have a lot of examples of letters and essays. They repear the same topics over and over-so print a few of these and read them and get ideas to support your letters and essay
- Letter how to write the two main type of letters - Informal (to a friend or family member) and Formal (business like)
e.g. Informal - I'm writing to let you know ......or I hope this letter finds you in good health. I'm writing to tell you that

e.g. Formal - I am writing in regard to the ........ or I am writing to advise you that I will not be able to ....... or I am writing to make a complaint about....

Speaking:
- the websites I gave about look at various speaking topics. Specifically IELTS Blogs email you weekly on speaking and recent exam questions if you join the
forum. Also IELTSLiz has recent exam questions.

JUST PRACTICE....don't say its just English and you speak English so the exam is a walk over. Reseach and practice. Also know the bands you need to get the highest which is NOT Band 7.

Aim for L8 and R 7, S7 and W 7 even greater if R, S, W can be above 7 like 7.5 and above. BUT ensure/aim for L8 or above.

All the Best.....PRACTICE and PRAY