+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Applicants from Jamaica

Xfactor

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
Not a thing yet. I check CIC and ECAS like crazy :-\
Boy that lady in Jamaica with the masters got through lightening fast though. Happy for her and her boys but mi want mine too lol

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Xfactor said:
Boy that lady in Jamaica with the masters got through lightening fast though. Happy for her and her boys but mi want mine too lol
Yeah I suspect that her medical had nothing to review (clean medical history) and no complexities to the application.

I thought you were in Jamaica but your BG check is in progress long time and that only happens to inland applicants (so far).

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
Ecas start showing two address mailing and home..... dont have a clue what a gwaan but mi a hold di faith

Xfactor

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
Yeah I suspect that her medical had nothing to review (clean medical history) and no complexities to the application.

I thought you were in Jamaica but your BG check is in progress long time and that only happens to inland applicants (so far).
No I am in Canada. Yea the BG check taking awhile so I am worried lol. I hope all is well. I know I have no criminal history and I submitted all the letters from my previous jobs not sure what else the BG check entails. It could be due to the fact that my spouse is also on the application as well. Spouse is in Jamaica. Maybe lots to check out.

Xfactor

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Optimisticlady said:
Ecas start showing two address mailing and home..... dont have a clue what a gwaan but mi a hold di faith
That would be for those who have a mailing address different from home address right?

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
Xfactor said:
That would be for those who have a mailing address different from home address right?
No Xfactor, both addresses are the same. Other forum members got theirs change as well, dont know the reason.

nordia

Jul 24, 2015
Hello guyyyys. I am please to see the link up happening.
I just made the appointment to do the test at uwi on the 8 of August. What else will I need to do in the mean time

Xfactor

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Optimisticlady said:
No Xfactor, both addresses are the same. Other forum members got theirs change as well, dont know the reason.
Yes I saw that after on other posts. Maybe it's has no bearing just an update. Right now I just want to see some more movements on our time lines. Everyday I get an email notification I get jumpy lol. Was hoping to get an update today but nothing so far.

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
Xfactor said:
Yes I saw that after on other posts. Maybe it's has no bearing just an update. Right now I just want to see some more movements on our time lines. Everyday I get an email notification I get jumpy lol. Was hoping to get an update today but nothing so far.
Xfactor we have same time line man, same ITA and AOR, the only difference is that everything went very fast for me. By April 25 I had 3 lines in Ecas, Medical passed, Additional document submitted and Background in progress. Since then, nothing at all. Waiting patiently. Work permit expires in another 2 weeks.

Xfactor

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Optimisticlady said:
Xfactor we have same time line man, same ITA and AOR, the only difference is that everything went very fast for me. By April 25 I had 3 lines in Ecas, Medical passed, Additional document submitted and Background in progress. Since then, nothing at all. Waiting patiently. Work permit expires in another 2 weeks.
Yes mine is crawling perhaps because there are two of us on the application. Did you apply for a BOWP? In any case wouldn't you be on implied status when your WP expires?

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
OptimisticLady I don't think this month will pass before a rain of PPR. You'd be on implied status though.

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
YamPower said:
OptimisticLady I don't think this month will pass before a rain of PPR. You'd be on implied status though.
Yes I am so looking forward to the "rain of PPR". Yes that would be the case, hopefully I get the PPR before ;)

876todworl

Jul 26, 2015
So good to link with you guys. I am currently at the background check stage of my PR application and Im totally freaking out.

PresidentMacAwesome

Feb 28, 2015
Wah gwaan everybody?

Got ITA one week ago with 460 points under FSW. I living in Canada now and have been for the last 2 years. I have a police record from Jamaica I received in Janauary of this year. Would that police record be valid or do I have to get a new one?

Thank you

Xfactor

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PresidentMacAwesome said:
Wah gwaan everybody?

Got ITA one week ago with 460 points under FSW. I living in Canada now and have been for the last 2 years. I have a police record from Jamaica I received in Janauary of this year. Would that police record be valid or do I have to get a new one?

Thank you
Congrats on your ITA. If your police certificate is dated in January then yes you may need another one. The certificate should not be more than six months old but maybe they will let it slide. Hopefully they don't reject your application but rather ask you to submit a new one.