+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry applicant

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi everyone. I need some guidance and suggestion from successful applicant who has aready received invitation or who are already in the pool awaiting invitation. I recently completed my ECA and IELTS. Here is my current profile.

ECA: 1. Bachelor's degree 4 years
2. Bachelor's degree 4 years

IELTS: L- 8.5, R- 9, S- 7, W-7
CURRENT JOB: Credit Officer 1 year

Now according to my calculation I have 416 points with an accompanying spouse. I plan to do ECA and IELTS for her in coming months which will probably take 3 more months.

Should I make a profile now and add her ECA and IELTS later to update my profile or should I wait for her documents to come and make profile later?

Is my calculation of 416 points right or I missed something? I calculated my score considering my education as two or more certificates.

Another thing I am confused about is source of fund. Should I deposit money in my bank account now before creating express entry profile or I can deposit that later?

Any suggestion would be really helpfull.

Reactions: Bacelor

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi everyone. I need some guidance and suggestion from successful applicant who has aready received invitation or who are already in the pool awaiting invitation. I recently completed my ECA and IELTS. Here is my current profile.

ECA: 1. Bachelor's degree 4 years
2. Bachelor's degree 4 years

IELTS: L- 8.5, R- 9, S- 7, W-7
CURRENT JOB: Credit Officer 1 year

Now according to my calculation I have 416 points with an accompanying spouse. I plan to do ECA and IELTS for her in coming months which will probably take 3 more months.

Should I make a profile now and add her ECA and IELTS later to update my profile or should I wait for her documents to come and make profile later?

Is my calculation of 416 points right or I missed something? I calculated my score considering my education as two or more certificates.

Another thing I am confused about is source of fund. Should I deposit money in my bank account now before creating express entry profile or I can deposit that later?

Any suggestion would be really helpfull.
You can use this official CRS calculator : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
You should create your profile now as the older profile gets privilege in the CRS cuttoff tie breaker rule. You always can update your profile whenever anything that can increase your score is available.

With 416 CRS score you can wait for direct ITA or go for PNP. Getting direct ITA may take some time and quite uncertain. 416 is a good enough score to get Notification of Interest from Ontario province. They issue NOI to all applicants irrespective of NOCs with crs score 400 or above. OINP is expected start their new quota of 2018 very soon. If you want to take Ontario PNP route then make sure you chose "Ontario" or "All Province" while filling out EE application.

Proof of Fund is mandatory for all applicants. IRCC want to see you have required fund available when you submit your application (eAPR) after receiving ITA. You Do Not need POF when filling out EE application. All IRCC want to know your money is not borrowed and readily available. If you can show this required money you have in your bank for 6 months or more then you a bank letter specified by IRCC is enough but if your POF is not minimum 6 months old then you have to show evidence regarding the source of the fund (i. e Property sale deed, Gift deed, Provident fund etc.). You can deposit money a day before submitting your eAPR and show that if you have your evidence and a Letter of Explanation ready.

Here is the IRCC requirements for Proof of Fund-
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.
You can find information regarding all your required documents to submit after receiving ITA here-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

I hope it helps, Good Luck!!

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot mate for your reply. You have helped me with some confusion that I had and provided me a new info that I will definetly look into. Another thing is, can I change my NOOC JOB later or update it after.I have created my profile or after receving ITA? The reason I am asking for that is, I am currently working as a credit officer in a bank and I have found two code that seems to match with that but I am not certain if they are a match with mine or I have to select some other code.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks a lot mate for your reply. You have helped me with some confusion that I had and provided me a new info that I will definetly look into. Another thing is, can I change my NOOC JOB later or update it after.I have created my profile or after receving ITA? The reason I am asking for that is, I am currently working as a credit officer in a bank and I have found two code that seems to match with that but I am not certain if they are a match with mine or I have to select some other code.
You can update your profile as many times as you want before receiving an Invitation To Apply. Once you have the ITA there is a risk (misrepresentation) to change anything. Also if you want to apply for a PNP then you must be sure about your NOC. As you haven't created your profile yet, my suggestion would be to wait until you are absolute sure about your NOC.

Write down your duties and check with the NOCs you are thinking about. You can discuss about your NOC with officials here-
http://www1.canada.ca/en/contact/noc.html

Good Luck!

Reactions: special3220

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
You can update your profile as many times as you want before receiving an Invitation To Apply. Once you have the ITA there is a risk (misrepresentation) to change anything. Also if you want to apply for a PNP then you must be sure about your NOC. As you haven't created your profile yet, my suggestion would be to wait until you are absolute sure about your NOC.

Write down your duties and check with the NOCs you are thinking about. You can discuss about your NOC with officials here-
http://www1.canada.ca/en/contact/noc.html

Good Luck!
I sent them an mail mentioning my job duties and asked for their help in choosing the correct NOC for me, however, they replied that they do not provide such help :(

Like I mentioned before I work as a credit Officer and this NOC job duties matches with me

6235 Financial sales representatives

However, this jobs employment requirements has some things which I dont have, such as
  • A mutual funds licence is usually required.
  • Registration with the securities regulatory authority in the province or territory of employment is usually required.
  • Completion of a loan or credit training program, ranging from six to twelve months, is usually required.
  • Financial services officers who sell regulated financial products and investments are required to be licensed by the appropriate governing body.

Now I dont have those license but I have business degrees and have participated invarious training organized by my banks but those were not 6-12 months long. Do does it make me ineligible for this NOC or having matching job duties will suffice?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I sent them an mail mentioning my job duties and asked for their help in choosing the correct NOC for me, however, they replied that they do not provide such help :(

Like I mentioned before I work as a credit Officer and this NOC job duties matches with me

6235 Financial sales representatives

However, this jobs employment requirements has some things which I dont have, such as
  • A mutual funds licence is usually required.
  • Registration with the securities regulatory authority in the province or territory of employment is usually required.
  • Completion of a loan or credit training program, ranging from six to twelve months, is usually required.
  • Financial services officers who sell regulated financial products and investments are required to be licensed by the appropriate governing body.

Now I dont have those license but I have business degrees and have participated invarious training organized by my banks but those were not 6-12 months long. Do does it make me ineligible for this NOC or having matching job duties will suffice?
You do not need to have said qualifications to choose a NOC code. If you are working in a bank and can get reference letter according to IRCC guidelines that's more than enough. Your job title does not matter, but your Job duties must match at least 80% with the NOC description. Saying again, All you need is matching job duties, as long as you have matching responsibilities and other information you are good to go.

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

If you are still bothered you can send your roles and duties to NC-NOC-CNP-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca and see what they say.

Good Luck!

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
You mentioned Reference letter containing 'annual salary plus benefits'. In that case I have only worked in the bank for 1 and half years and my annual salary will not be close to the required fund that they need for 3 person. I entered in my current job after like 3-4 years after my graduation and I was working as a freelancer in that time. So will there be questions like where did I get the money from and all that? Is there a chance that thei will ask me to submit other supporting documents to prove that I have the necessary fund or just a bank statement will be enough?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
You mentioned Reference letter containing 'annual salary plus benefits'. In that case I have only worked in the bank for 1 and half years and my annual salary will not be close to the required fund that they need for 3 person. I entered in my current job after like 3-4 years after my graduation and I was working as a freelancer in that time. So will there be questions like where did I get the money from and all that? Is there a chance that thei will ask me to submit other supporting documents to prove that I have the necessary fund or just a bank statement will be enough?
The Experience/Reference letter from your employer nothing to do with proof of fund. Annual salary plus benefit information in your job reference letter is to prove that you were paid at your job. Because to be eligible for FSW your work experience must be Paid.

If your total proof of fund is 6 months or more old then a bank letter is enough. But if it is not 6 months old then you have to provide a bank statement and give explanation with proof regarding any large amount deposited into your account. Bank letter should be-
  • The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
The whole purpose of this six month average balance thing is to confirm that you have not Borrowed the money and need not return to any person. You cannot take bank loan or personal loan from someone and show this as your proof of fund. However, You don't need to show your savings Only coming from your salary! In fact you can show entire money coming from third party (i.e close relatives or customer of your property) with appropriate legal documents. You can take entire/partial money from your close relatives (parents, siblings) and make a gift deed and submit it. You can sell your asset (Gold, Car, Land etc.), deposit in your account and show the bank statement and sell receipt to prove the money is yours. To further research about this topic you can search this forum and read the thread called "proof of fund". You also can read the following link- https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

Don't be stressed, you will get through all these processes and will have expert knowledge after sometime.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
The Experience/Reference letter from your employer nothing to do with proof of fund. Annual salary plus benefit information in your job reference letter is to prove that you were paid at your job. Because to be eligible for FSW your work experience must be Paid.

If your total proof of fund is 6 months or more old then a bank letter is enough. But if it is not 6 months old then you have to provide a bank statement and give explanation with proof regarding any large amount deposited into your account. Bank letter should be-
  • The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
The whole purpose of this six month average balance thing is to confirm that you have not Borrowed the money and need not return to any person. You cannot take bank loan or personal loan from someone and show this as your proof of fund. However, You don't need to show your savings Only coming from your salary! In fact you can show entire money coming from third party (i.e close relatives or customer of your property) with appropriate legal documents. You can take entire/partial money from your close relatives (parents, siblings) and make a gift deed and submit it. You can sell your asset (Gold, Car, Land etc.), deposit in your account and show the bank statement and sell receipt to prove the money is yours. To further research about this topic you can search this forum and read the thread called "proof of fund". You also can read the following link- https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

Don't be stressed, you will get through all these processes and will have expert knowledge after sometime.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!
I have created the EE profile and currently have 416 score. Once I add my spouse's ECA and IElts I am expecting another 15 or so score increase. Can you please tell me a more about ONIP. It seems I am eligible to get an NOI from them, but what happens after that? i am a bit confused because it seems thousands of applicant who has an score above 400 will get such NOI, So if all of them file application with Ontario what do they do with that? So they filter out all those applicant or all of them get a provincial nomination and end up with 600+ score and reenter the express entry pool?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I have created the EE profile and currently have 416 score. Once I add my spouse's ECA and IElts I am expecting another 15 or so score increase. Can you please tell me a more about ONIP. It seems I am eligible to get an NOI from them, but what happens after that? i am a bit confused because it seems thousands of applicant who has an score above 400 will get such NOI, So if all of them file application with Ontario what do they do with that? So they filter out all those applicant or all of them get a provincial nomination and end up with 600+ score and reenter the express entry pool?
No not like that. They will issue NOI to every candidate who has an active EE profile and with CRS score 400 or above and has selected "Ontario and All Other Provinces". Once you receive NOI you have 45 days (previously it as 6 months) to register in their web portal. After registering in their web portal you have only 14 days to submit your supporting documents. Bad news is almost 20 thousand applicants currently have CRS more than 400, and Ontario has only 6600 allocations for whole year (Not sure how many they will take at this intake).

It will be first come first serve basis, so whoever will be able to register first will have a chance to submit his/her application. People will be rushing to register after receiving NOI, many are not going to wait for a day let alone using 45 days flexibility. Server will be slow and Ontario may announce temporary pause of the program within few hours after opening if they receive enough registration. If an applicant succeeds to register then he/she will be safe for 14 days. Within 14 days applicants must submit all necessary documents. Any failure to submit documents on time or incomplete applications will be rejected. By the way application fees for Ontario PNP is $1500 CAD and must be paid when applicant submit their documents.

After submitting the necessary documents Ontario will start formal assessment, it may take 2-4 months. Many will be rejected and many will receive nomination and subsequently 600 points will be added to their EE account. All this time an applicant will remain in EE pool with original CRS score and if they receive direct ITA they can cancel their PNP application. If the assessment process were not started applicant will be eligible for a refund.

This is in a nutshell this PNP process. Now my suggestion to you- if you think you can add 15 more points within couple of months then you need to think about your options. You need to analyse what will be the CRS cutoff then? will you make it directly? is it ok for you to spend extra 1500 CAD? are you ready with all necessary documents?

If you are interested then start collecting all the documents now and register immediately once you receive NOI from Ontario. You will find the list of required documents in the application guide given below

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

I hope it helps, Good Luck!

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
No not like that. They will issue NOI to every candidate who has an active EE profile and with CRS score 400 or above and has selected "Ontario and All Other Provinces". Once you receive NOI you have 45 days (previously it as 6 months) to register in their web portal. After registering in their web portal you have only 14 days to submit your supporting documents. Bad news is almost 20 thousand applicants currently have CRS more than 400, and Ontario has only 6600 allocations for whole year (Not sure how many they will take at this intake).

It will be first come first serve basis, so whoever will be able to register first will have a chance to submit his/her application. People will be rushing to register after receiving NOI, many are not going to wait for a day let alone using 45 days flexibility. Server will be slow and Ontario may announce temporary pause of the program within few hours after opening if they receive enough registration. If an applicant succeeds to register then he/she will be safe for 14 days. Within 14 days applicants must submit all necessary documents. Any failure to submit documents on time or incomplete applications will be rejected. By the way application fees for Ontario PNP is $1500 CAD and must be paid when applicant submit their documents.

After submitting the necessary documents Ontario will start formal assessment, it may take 2-4 months. Many will be rejected and many will receive nomination and subsequently 600 points will be added to their EE account. All this time an applicant will remain in EE pool with original CRS score and if they receive direct ITA they can cancel their PNP application. If the assessment process were not started applicant will be eligible for a refund.

This is in a nutshell this PNP process. Now my suggestion to you- if you think you can add 15 more points within couple of months then you need to think about your options. You need to analyse what will be the CRS cutoff then? will you make it directly? is it ok for you to spend extra 1500 CAD? are you ready with all necessary documents?

If you are interested then start collecting all the documents now and register immediately once you receive NOI from Ontario. You will find the list of required documents in the application guide given below

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

I hope it helps, Good Luck!
Thanks for explaining the process so thoroughly, you have made the whole process very easy to understand for me. I am not sure what to do. I have almost everything ready but my bank statements are not in a good shape. I was going to get around 60% of the money from my dad as a gift and currently is in the process of getting deed of gift and other related documents. They can be arranged rather quickly but I am not sure if I should rush it. This settlement fund is the only weakness in my profile and I am wondering whether I should play slow with it. Can you give me your suggestion in this matter? And is it okay to apply with deed of gift or do the officer rather dont like those type of applications?

Another thing is if I apply for OINP and after 2-3 months end up with rejection from them, does it hamper my chance of getting an ITA from EE pool in any way or there is no connection between these two?

And what about declining the present nomination (If I get that), will it make me ineligible for future invitation from OINP?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for explaining the process so thoroughly, you have made the whole process very easy to understand for me. I am not sure what to do. I have almost everything ready but my bank statements are not in a good shape. I was going to get around 60% of the money from my dad as a gift and currently is in the process of getting deed of gift and other related documents. They can be arranged rather quickly but I am not sure if I should rush it. This settlement fund is the only weakness in my profile and I am wondering whether I should play slow with it. Can you give me your suggestion in this matter? And is it okay to apply with deed of gift or do the officer rather dont like those type of applications?
Gift deed is absolutely fine. You can use it, no problem at all, hundreds of applicants have done it successfully. Are you sure you have all documents ready? because Ontario PNP requires few extra docs such as birth certificate for all including yours, salary slips etc. check the guideline.

Another thing is if I apply for OINP and after 2-3 months end up with rejection from them, does it hamper my chance of getting an ITA from EE pool in any way or there is no connection between these two?
No connection between them

And what about declining the present nomination (If I get that), will it make me ineligible for future invitation from OINP?
No, it does not make you ineligible for future NOI.

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
I had a confusion regarding the proof of fund. I have read in a forum that FDR cannot be shown as proof of fund. Is that so? I have recently received the gift from my dad via a Bank draft and the next day I created a FDR (3 months maturity - ongoing) in my name. I plan to show that as well as my saving account, all together they will have the required money for 3 person.

Now my question is will this be okay? I haven't taken the gift deed from my dad yet because I dont think I will get any invitation very soon. So if say after 4-5 months I get an invite can I then just submit my FDR without the gift deed or gift deed will be necessary even if the FDR opening was more than 6 months ago?

Another question is, does the maturity time of the FDR matters?

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi Friends,

Although I did 4 years Bachelors in EEE but WES gave me 3 years Diploma credentials for it. Although CRS has the same points for both of them but in OINP it is written that the minimum educational requirement is a Bachelor;s so does it mean I can't apply with 3 years Diploma in my ECA?

Did anyone face the same problem? Can anyone pls advice? I received NOI already but really this is putting me under heavy stress.

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi Friends,

Although I did 4 years Bachelors in EEE but WES gave me 3 years Diploma credentials for it. Although CRS has the same points for both of them but in OINP it is written that the minimum educational requirement is a Bachelor;s so does it mean I can't apply with 3 years Diploma in my ECA?

Did anyone face the same problem? Can anyone pls advice? I received NOI already but really this is putting me under heavy stress.
You have no other credential? If you only have a 3 years diploma according to WES then it might make you ineligible. But I am really not sure. hopefully some senior member can make that clear for you.