Hi everyone,
I just submitted my Canadian citizenship application after living in Canada for 3 years through Express Entry (No AOR yet).
For police certificate, I answered “Yes” to the question about being outside Canada for 183+ consecutive days in the last 4 years.
My understanding was that I didn’t need to provide a police certificate because I was in my country of origin immediately before becoming a PR and then landed in Canada and I didnt travel during my time here, so I didn’t include one.
However, I’ve seen people say they were still asked to provide a police certificate in this situation!
Has anyone been in the same situation? Did IRCC (at least in 2026) ask to provide the police certificate later during processing?
Thanks!
I just submitted my Canadian citizenship application after living in Canada for 3 years through Express Entry (No AOR yet).
For police certificate, I answered “Yes” to the question about being outside Canada for 183+ consecutive days in the last 4 years.
My understanding was that I didn’t need to provide a police certificate because I was in my country of origin immediately before becoming a PR and then landed in Canada and I didnt travel during my time here, so I didn’t include one.
However, I’ve seen people say they were still asked to provide a police certificate in this situation!
Has anyone been in the same situation? Did IRCC (at least in 2026) ask to provide the police certificate later during processing?
Thanks!
Last edited:
