+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry and applying under spouse sponsorship at the same time

AFAZY

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Hello,

I would highly appreciate if someone can help me with this question:

I'm preparing my application under spouse sponsorship and I want to generate an express entry profile at the same time. This because:

- Chances to get PR under Spouse sponsorship are higher than express entry ( I'm almost sure I will get it as the every thing is authentic and I have more than enough evidence) but it takes more time.
- on the other hand, Express entry is faster but chances of getting invited are not high.

So I want to try both simultaneously.

Regardless of the reasons behind my decision to apply under both categories, I would like to know if doing so (applying under spouse sponsorship and generating express entry profile) has any negative effect on spouse sponsorship application.

Mainly, when the officer start working on my spouse sponsorship application, he/she will notice from the system that I have generated an express entry profile at the same time I submitted sponsorship application. I'm worried then that he/she will consider that a bad signal. Like they will think if he was so sure that his marriage is authentic why is he trying to apply under another category at the same time.

What do you think??

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can apply for both. No negative impact.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sneakydriver said:
How could you know for sure there is no negative impact? there might be indeed.
Lots of people here have done this successfully in the past (i.e. applied through an economic stream and a spousal stream at the same time). Also, CIC specifically states it's fine to have multiple applications as long as they are not in the same stream.

Why do you think there might be a negative impact? Do you know of a case here where there was? If you do and have information, I'm sure the OP would appreciate more info. I'm not aware of any situations where this was an issue. Quite the opposite.

Reactions: wick_sran

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Sneakydriver said:
How could you know for sure there is no negative impact? there might be indeed.
a person can apply for PR through multiple streams at the same time. an express entry application and the spousal sponsorship application have nothing to do with eachother and have completely different requirements for approval, so having them both submitted at the same time does NOT have any negative impact on either application. Neither application can be rejected because the applicant submitted through another stream. If the person is approved for pr through 1 stream before the other starts processing or is approved, then the 2nd application would be cancelled/withdrawn.

AFAZY

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
a person can apply for PR through multiple streams at the same time. an express entry application and the spousal sponsorship application have nothing to do with eachother and have completely different requirements for approval, so having them both submitted at the same time does NOT have any negative impact on either application. Neither application can be rejected because the applicant submitted through another stream. If the person is approved for pr through 1 stream before the other starts processing or is approved, then the 2nd application would be cancelled/withdrawn.

I was afraid that the officer will think in line of this argument:

" If he is so sure that his marriage is authentic and it is not a marriage of convenience, then why he is trying to apply under another streams? "

By the way, Thanks all for replying to my post. I appreciate it :))

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
AFAZY said:
Hello,

I would highly appreciate if someone can help me with this question:

I'm preparing my application under spouse sponsorship and I want to generate an express entry profile at the same time. This because:

- Chances to get PR under Spouse sponsorship are higher than express entry ( I'm almost sure I will get it as the every thing is authentic and I have more than enough evidence) but it takes more time.
- on the other hand, Express entry is faster but chances of getting invited are not high.

So I want to try both simultaneously.

Regardless of the reasons behind my decision to apply under both categories, I would like to know if doing so (applying under spouse sponsorship and generating express entry profile) has any negative effect on spouse sponsorship application.

Mainly, when the officer start working on my spouse sponsorship application, he/she will notice from the system that I have generated an express entry profile at the same time I submitted sponsorship application. I'm worried then that he/she will consider that a bad signal. Like they will think if he was so sure that his marriage is authentic why is he trying to apply under another category at the same time.

What do you think??

Thanks!
You can do both but express entry is faster......

munimisu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
Sorry to reopen this thread. Our application got refused in Singapore visa office and we are in process to appeal. Can we apply for express entry separately while waiting for appeal date? Seems like express entry will be much faster and my wife have high score points. Thanks for your input.