+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry, After 14 months Medical expired, pregnant and issue with xray

SoliGargari

Mar 19, 2019
Hi All,

My husband and I applied for express entry while we were working with open work permit here in Toronto. We applied for PR last year January and we submitted the necessary medical exam (blood+urine+chest xray). We received an invitation in FEB2018. However, last week we received an email saying that our medical exam has been expired after one year and we need to submit new tests. I'm 12 weeks pregnant right now and I cannot put my baby under any risk with xray. Our lawyer says that both our cases would be on hold until I submit the xray exam after delivery. I mean this seems very insane to me. I already did that test while I was in Canada last year ( and I have not left country since I entered Canada. ) Any advice on this case would be very appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

My husband and I applied for express entry while we were working with open work permit here in Toronto. We applied for PR last year January and we submitted the necessary medical exam (blood+urine+chest xray). We received an invitation in FEB2018. However, last week we received an email saying that our medical exam has been expired after one year and we need to submit new tests. I'm 12 weeks pregnant right now and I cannot put my baby under any risk with xray. Our lawyer says that both our cases would be on hold until I submit the xray exam after delivery. I mean this seems very insane to me. I already did that test while I was in Canada last year ( and I have not left country since I entered Canada. ) Any advice on this case would be very appreciated.
When did you complete your last medical?

If your last medical was completed a year ago, then it has expired and a new medical must be completed in order for your PR application to be approved. Your lawyer is unfortunately correct. If you do not re-do the full medical and hold off on doing the x-ray due to your pregnancy, then your application will be put on hold until such a time as you're able to do the x-ray (presumably after you give birth).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

The app will be delayed until you give birth and complete the x-ray. Or you do the chest x-ray with a lead apron, which is quite safe.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All,

The fact that you haven't left the country is irrelevant. The medical, especially the X-ray is to ensure that conditions that may have developed since the last medical are detected. Tuberculosis is a very good example of this, as it's a slow growing organism.