+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry 2015 Preparation Join Here !!!

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
immigration goes with need of the hour and labour market changes within the country..

Basically its requirement versus competition

brighter the skills - faster the approval

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Express entry scheme has both pros and cons

Pros
1) Not much planning required as post migration hurdles [including job fetch and other financial matters] will already be entertained during the application process.
2) No sufficient fund to be shown, as candidate will automatically fall under the category of Arranged Employment which requires no fund [Good in a sense that for most people, specifically with more immediate family members on their application its indeed an uphill task to arrange such a huge sum of money]

Cons
1) No certainty of getting a job, therefore no certainty of being invited as competition will shoot to is heightened peak, and in Canada, mostly Canadian Experience and Canadian Employer reference [Through phone call or letter] is preferred during job interviews.

In my opinion, Cons over weigh the Pros in the sense that, current scheme still allows to migrate somehow and one will eventually get his desired job after investing some time and even gaining an irrelevant experience would be fruitful too, as it would be considered as an onshore Canadian experience and an Employer endorsement (through phone call or letter/mail) would indeed count .
But
In express entry, nobody knows what the benchmarks really are, the high merit could be the highest one for securing an invitation and therefore chances of getting migrated could be a question mark ?

Its proven that an onshore job application and physically approaching the companies/employers has always been more effective and successful than an offshore application which is often considered as an overhead investment on potential candidate by the employer because an onshore applicant with more or less compared experience can fill the position more easily and cheaply with no need of air tickets/visa stamping and other expenses etc.

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feejay87 said:
Express entry scheme has both pros and cons

Pros
1) Not much planning required as post migration hurdles [including job fetch and other financial matters] will already be entertained during the application process.
2) No sufficient fund to be shown, as candidate will automatically fall under the category of Arranged Employment which requires no fund [Good in a sense that for most people, specifically with more immediate family members on their application its indeed an uphill task to arrange such a huge sum of money]

Cons
1) No certainty of getting a job, therefore no certainty of being invited as competition will shoot to is heightened peak, and in Canada, mostly Canadian Experience and Canadian Employer reference [Through phone call or letter] is preferred during job interviews.

In my opinion, Cons over weigh the Pros in the sense that, current scheme still allows to migrate somehow and one will eventually get his desired job after investing some time and even gaining an irrelevant experience would be fruitful too, as it would be considered as an onshore Canadian experience and an Employer endorsement (through phone call or letter/mail) would indeed count .
But
In express entry, nobody knows what the benchmarks really are, the high merit could be the highest one for securing an invitation and therefore chances of getting migrated could be a question mark ?

Its proven that an onshore job application and physically approaching the companies/employers has always been more effective and successful than an offshore application which is often considered as an overhead investment on potential candidate by the employer because an onshore applicant with more or less compared experience can fill the position more easily and cheaply with no need of air tickets/visa stamping and other expenses etc.
Good job nicely explained.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Again the emphasis. would be why employers will hire overseas workers when there are already immigrants without jobs

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Hey Guys! My first post here! I hope to get some help from the experienced!

I have been following this forum from quite a while. I have one question.

What about the guys like me who already have a job in Canada and want to apply in the express entry??

AjBuck

Jul 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good question Froze, what about persons who are already in a JOB and would like to apply under express entry and also contributing to the economy and would like to be PR?

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Froze950 said:
Hey Guys! My first post here! I hope to get some help from the experienced!

I have been following this forum from quite a while. I have one question.

What about the guys like me who already have a job in Canada and want to apply in the express entry??
APPLY UNDER AEO - if u have sufficient 67 points or meet 1 year of exp and under CEC

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp?expand=arranged#arranged

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Getting a job offer while overseas ? very difficult if not impossible. In addition to other factors, employers have to go through a lengthy process to get LMO and that's what most employers don't want. But starting EE and federal government allowing employers to hire through job bank, may be things will change in future.
Not much change. Employer has to get LMO for applicants in the pool. No LMO- no job offer. So, nothing will be changed there.

However, the good news is that if you got higher points your chances to get Invitation to Apply are higher than of those with lower points. The new system is VERY SIMILAR to the immigration systems that has been working in Australia for couple of years already.

IMHO, not many people in "the pool" will be able to get a job offer (= get positive LMO) BUT because CIC has to get 250 000 immigrants annually it will issue Invitation to Apply to the "cream of the cream" in "the pool" of EOI applicants even without job offers . So, the higher are your points - the more chances you will have to get Invitation to Apply.

Australian "CIC" :) looks at the applicants in the pool bi-weekly (they know how many invitations to apply have to be issued bi-weekly to keep up with intended amount of annual immigration).
In Australian systems works in such a way:
First,people with 67 and higher points apply and get into The Pool of EOI.
Second, people who got Job offers by the time of intake (not many of them but still) will get invitation to apply
AFTER THEM , people without job offer but with highest amount of points (and with occupation in demand) will get invitation to apply
If the limit of intake is not fulfilled , authorities move to those with lower but still 67+ points and profession in demand.
And only if there no people with 67+ points any more for that intake, they issue invitation to apply to those with just 67 points.

I could not tell how much CIC copied from Australian system and if they copy the existence of limits for each occupation in demand.
But in Australia they HAVE some sort of "list of preferred occupations" + a cap for each occupation for each intake.

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Help me out here,

I came in as a student, finished study, applied for work permit. Now currently working. I will have a years's experience by the end of January 2015.

I have to apply under EE, but how? Is it easier if I have a job?

What ever I have read till now has been for the guys who do not have a job or who want to migrate from other countries.

Can you please help me out in this.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you will have to apply under the new system with everybody (from within Canada and from abroad).
The only difference (and favorable one)with you will be that you will get your Invitation to apply (ITA) soon because you have a job.
And then :
Candidates with an ITA will have 60 days to apply for permanent residence through one of four existing economic immigration programs:

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Applicants will need to meet the criteria set out in the immigration program which applies to them

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation.asp

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cheers! Thanks a ton!

So how would it work? I put my resume online and they will just give me a ITA? saying that I already have a job?

Or would there be a screening as well? Like they would say that the job I am doing is economically good for canada?

Enthusiastic

Oct 7, 2014
Hi all,

What about the documentation requirement for Express entry e.g. ECA, Experience letter / Job reference letter & any other personal documents? would these needed to be prepared already? if yes, then nobody knows when ITA will be granted to him or her?

In addition to above, there are certain professional credentials which need accreditation from authorities like any engineering degree may have been accredited from local agency / authority but when applying for EE would employer consider a locally accredited degree?

visagypsy

Oct 12, 2014
Hi Folks,

We are planning to apply for the new Express Entry (EE) system when it opens. Our application history to Canada has been a bit disappointing so far - we applied last year to the FSW NOC 2174 when CIC was only accepting 300 applications. We got confirmation via our international tracked mail that our application reached them, but we never ever received our application back in the post along with the original IELTS and WES certificates we enclosed with the application. So we applied in June again this year to the same NOC - and actually got our application sent back to us for having not enclosed the original IELTS and WES evaluations (we sent them copies as never received our originals back from them)!!! We even enclosed a note and bar code page from our application last year assuming they would locate our originals.

Anyway, perhaps for us Express Entry will be the best opportunity yet as my husband has over 10 years experience in his field which will hopefully count for more than applying to CIC under a tiny 300 cap and hoping your applications doesn't just vanish in their office, or as is the case under the current FSW call, your position in the application quota race where many of the applicants who happen to get their papers in before you perhaps have less years of experience to offer.

I just had a couple of questions after reading this thread so far - surely there are going to be only specific skilled occupations which EE will invite applicants to applyunder which reflect skills shortages in the Canadian job market? I am guessing there will an additional certification requested which will assess your skilled job experience within your occupation (and this will likely mean another fee to pay) so employers/provinces have that proof when they select you?

An observation - but as i understand it, applicants under the current FSW call who make the current cap could still be waiting for their PR visas and not be able to make the move to Canada for another 2 years? For example, i read somewhere that the current visa processing time for the UK is 27 months. So this could be an advantage for those of us applying under the EE system, as the demand for skills in IT for example could be much more quickly met by EE applicants?

Does anyone have any advice on how to try and secure a job offer when you don't live in Canada or are employers perhaps going to prefer to wait now to source candidates from the EE system considering it is due to launch in a couple of months?

Best wishes to all and keep the network going! ;D

samkor

Star Member
May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
employment offer will be necessary in order to apply under 2015 Express entry?

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Not necessarily. You would either need to be on the top in terms of the point or got to have a job b4 for ITA.

However, whatever you me or anyone's talking, is all pre-assumed, depending on the facts and rules prevailing as of now.
Until CIC rolls out the complete details, we are technically talking in the air (though closer to the ground).