+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exporting/Importing Car at Lewiston Bridge

CeeGee

Star Member
Jan 31, 2010
Hi Guys--I am putting this question on this thread and the Settlement Discussion. I am having to import/export my pickup truck in Buffalo next week. Ideally we would like to get there at around 6:00 p.m Thursday night, wait out the 72 hours back in the states, and then pass back through the Lewiston Bridge area at around 6:00 p.m. Sunday night. Is the Lewiston Bridge open 24 hours a day, seven days a week? Or are there only certain hours we can stop at the bridge and do the "import/export" paperwork?

This is all what I plan to do as "I land". We will go back down to the States to Ohio on Thursday night where I left my horse trailer with a bunch of furniture and clothes, and come back through with the car/horse trailer/furniture, etc. on Sunday night. This is just one load. I have 170 more boxes back in California, where I am from originally.

Also, am I right in understanding that I can list the goods I am passing through with, and then list all the other goods that are following? As I packed I made a detailed list of what is in every box. How much do they check or monitor goods when you are landing? I know I packed my computer, but I forgot to write the serial number down. Do I have to reopen that box and get that number? Can I make any amendments to my "Goods to Follow" list, once I get back to California and see exactly what I am bringing?

Any thoughts about this next step would be very helpful. This forum has always been amazing for me!

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
You don't have to wait there to 72hrs... You can fax your title to CBP 72 hrs in advance before you export (make sure you fax it to the right office where you will be exporting). Usually the Canadian customs is open 24/7 for importing, but the CBP export office is not so call ahead to make sure.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

GK said:
You don't have to wait there to 72hrs... You can fax your title to CBP 72 hrs in advance before you export (make sure you fax it to the right office where you will be exporting). Usually the Canadian customs is open 24/7 for importing, but the CBP export office is not so call ahead to make sure.
The CPB office is usually only open Monday to Friday 8-5 for export of vehicles.