+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exporting a mattress

vasanth777

Feb 23, 2019
Guys,

I am planning to move to Canada via Uhaul truck with my car in tow using my stamped CoPR.

I have a question regarding my mattress. I have premium mattress that i bought this January and i am not willing to sell it.

Can i export the mattress to Canada without any issue? I heard there is an exemption for settlers for bringing in used mattresses to Canada.

I did a soft landing on June 27th, 2020 and i have my stamped CoPR.

Please share your experiences or thoughts on this matter.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our old mattresses was allowed to shipped into Canada. We listed it in the BSF form.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Our old mattresses was allowed to shipped into Canada. We listed it in the BSF form.
Hi Steaky,

Do you have to fumigate your mattresses and get a certificate to ship your mattresses. When i see it in cbsa website, they say they have to fumigated and need to show a certificate if in case if we have to take our old mattresses.

have you done this or you were allowed without any fumigation or certificate.

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Steaky,

Do you have to fumigate your mattresses and get a certificate to ship your mattresses. When i see it in cbsa website, they say they have to fumigated and need to show a certificate if in case if we have to take our old mattresses.

have you done this or you were allowed without any fumigation or certificate.

Thanks
No, it's not required. You can contact them the details when or what situation it will be necessary

Reactions: swan0206

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
No, it's not required. You can contact them the details when or what situation it will be necessary
Thankyou.

Also one more question:

i am planning to use UPACK to move my stuff to canada.

Can the UPACK cross the border without me being inside Canada. Do i need to be first crossing the border that day. Or can i go after they cross the border also? If that is ok, i want to cross the border after two or 3 days UPack reaching Canada. However, UPACK told that as there is a mandatory quarantine i need to follow they can hold my stuff till that 14 days is complete, so i want to go after 2 or 3 days after my stuff reaching Canada and then follow manadatory quarantine. would that be fine. Any idea?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

Can we also include any other goods that we haven't mentioned during landing. ? Would they question on extra items mentioned? I am planning use UPACK . not driving uhaul. Woud they question upack and cause any issue?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can we also include any other goods that we haven't mentioned during landing. ? Would they question on extra items mentioned? I am planning use UPACK . not driving uhaul. Woud they question upack and cause any issue?
We don't know what's in your extra items.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
We don't know what's in your extra items.
I have a sound bar/music system that is not listed,i have listed one item as other accessories, would this fall into that category. For oven and mixer grinder(they go into kitchen item right?) i haven't mentioned anything like that in the form during my landing, i just gave as kitchen items.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I also wanna know about this. please tell me how can I do this for my goods.
:

I have moved very much comfortably with Upack.
Cbsa do not check on minute things. Its ok you can include extra stuff as well. But make sure you carry alcohol or smokes with you and declare them at the border if you are driving.

sajjunaqvi

Jan 28, 2023
I brought mattress in pre covid era; no issues; no questions asked.
from india, i am travelling with family, and wanted to bring new mattresses, since you had bought the mattress in the past, will i be ask to pay any duty or do i need to declare it?