+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Export car from US to Canada?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andy said:
Does anyone know the procedures how to bring a car to Canada?
pls help, thanks.
Yes

1. Go to www.riv.ca to see if the car is importable and the Canadian requirements.
2. Get a letter from Dealer/Manufacturer that all recalls have been complied with.
3. Here is what you have to do to export the car from the US>
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/export/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml
note that you have to have clear title or a letter from the holder that they will allow you to export.
4. Take car to authorized depot for modifications.
5. After clearance to licensing bureau.

PMM

PMM

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Dear PMM,

I appreciate for your info.
Do you know how much does it cost for all the export expenses including change to Canada's plate number?
Which is cheaper, car price in Canada or US?
Sorry, I have a lot to ask, but I need to know so I can consider to bring my car with me or sell it in US and buy it a new one in Canada. I have Honda Accord 2005 Hybrid.
I look forward to your replying....PMM.
Have a good one.

andy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andy said:
Dear PMM,

I appreciate for your info.
Do you know how much does it cost for all the export expenses including change to Canada's plate number?
Which is cheaper, car price in Canada or US?
Sorry, I have a lot to ask, but I need to know so I can consider to bring my car with me or sell it in US and buy it a new one in Canada. I have Honda Accord 2005 Hybrid.
I look forward to your replying....PMM.
Have a good one.

andy
Depending on the costs to have the car conform, it should run less than $400 for everything. Don;t forget to get a letter from your insurance broker as to your claim status, as it helps in insuring your car. You would have to do a web search as to the prices of vehicles in Canada. Don't forget you already have paid the depreciation on your car by driving off the lot when you bought it , so if you sell and buy it will be a loss.

PMM