+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exploring Various Immigrations Options

Aleena Ahmad

Jan 17, 2023
I am a 31 year old express entry (federal skilled) applicant, with a 477 score, interested in moving along with my husband and 4 year old son. My husband has also submitted his application as principal applicant with a score 432. I am a house wife and my husband has his own private business and whereas business immigration would have been more suitable for our profile, we still applied in express entry, given that its the most cost effective channel which to our advantage does not compromise on one's freedom with regards to employment, business and location. freedom is really important for us considering my husband's commitments back home and If he gets into a business or Starts a job that will restrict him from visiting back home as frequently as he wants (at least once in six months). with the situation at hand, an investor visa could be an option as well and while my husbnad's financial position is good, if we have to do it via an investor visa, we want the investment to be as low as possible. Now since metropolitan areas like Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver have high capital requirements when it comes to business and investor immigration, the only choice we had was Express entry (skilled worker). We both are Master degree holders with 7.5 and 8.5 IELTS scores and Although I have no work experience and my husband has business experience, we still came up with a make-do express entry application, for which my husband showed me as an employ in his business and even registered my income returns in back dates. the reason I am posting is that CRS score apparently doesn't seem to be coming down 477 to near future and we are in a hurry with the immigration, what are the other possible options for us?and also any comments on our approach to go with express entry despite our profile being more suitable to business immigration, are welcome.