+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exploring Various Immigration Options

Aleena Ahmad

Jan 17, 2023
I am a 31 year old express entry (federal skilled) applicant, with a 477 score, interested in moving along with my husband and 4 year old son. My husband has also submitted his application as principal applicant with a score 432. I am a house wife and my husband has his own private business and whereas business immigration would have been more suitable for our profile, we still applied in express entry, given that its the most cost effective channel which to our advantage does not compromise on one's freedom with regards to employment, business and location. freedom is really important for us considering my husband's commitments back home and If he gets into a business or Starts a job that will restrict him from visiting back home as frequently as he wants (at least once in six months). with the situation at hand, an investor visa could be an option as well and while my husbnad's financial position is good, if we have to do it via an investor visa, we want the investment to be as low as possible. Now since metropolitan areas like Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver have high capital requirements when it comes to business and investor immigration, the only choice we had was Express entry (skilled worker). We both are Master degree holders with 7.5 and 8.5 IELTS scores and Although I have no work experience and my husband has business experience, we still came up with a make-do express entry application, for which my husband showed me as an employ in his business and even registered my income returns in back dates. the reason I am posting is that CRS score apparently doesn't seem to be coming down 477 to near future and we are in a hurry with the immigration, what are the other possible options for us?and also any comments on our approach to go with express entry despite our profile being more suitable to business immigration, are welcome.

Reactions: ahmad456

EsterO

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
I am a 31 year old express entry (federal skilled) applicant, with a 477 score, interested in moving along with my husband and 4 year old son. My husband has also submitted his application as principal applicant with a score 432. I am a house wife and my husband has his own private business and whereas business immigration would have been more suitable for our profile, we still applied in express entry, given that its the most cost effective channel which to our advantage does not compromise on one's freedom with regards to employment, business and location. freedom is really important for us considering my husband's commitments back home and If he gets into a business or Starts a job that will restrict him from visiting back home as frequently as he wants (at least once in six months). with the situation at hand, an investor visa could be an option as well and while my husbnad's financial position is good, if we have to do it via an investor visa, we want the investment to be as low as possible. Now since metropolitan areas like Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver have high capital requirements when it comes to business and investor immigration, the only choice we had was Express entry (skilled worker). We both are Master degree holders with 7.5 and 8.5 IELTS scores and Although I have no work experience and my husband has business experience, we still came up with a make-do express entry application, for which my husband showed me as an employ in his business and even registered my income returns in back dates. the reason I am posting is that CRS score apparently doesn't seem to be coming down 477 to near future and we are in a hurry with the immigration, what are the other possible options for us?and also any comments on our approach to go with express entry despite our profile being more suitable to business immigration, are welcome.
In same situation only difference is I'm in Canada already but with lower score 409 since I'm much older 39. wondering what our chances are. Also considering SUV although it's quite expensive $100k .....please let me know how yours goes, we can encourage each other

Reactions: ahmad456

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In same situation only difference is I'm in Canada already but with lower score 409 since I'm much older 39. wondering what our chances are. Also considering SUV although it's quite expensive $100k .....please let me know how yours goes, we can encourage each other
Unless you want to get a brand new premium SUV, there are models priced less than $100k. I saw some in the $66K.

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Don't know if it was you or someone but this was posted earlier. If IRCC does look closely at your application it may reject it since you are forging things. You may face a ban. Do not do such things.

I totally understand the need to come to Canada. I started in 2016 and Finally in 2023 I got my PR. Even I had low CRS scores. I had to patiently wait till i came to Canada on WP and then my employer sponsored me.

Read your post, it seems you want a Canadian PR and the flexibility to settle anywhere in Canada so all the provincial investment programs are out because you would need to invest some money there and show that your business is working. Search for Provinces like Saskatchewan or PEI where they allow EOI even if you dont have jobs but note you need to make an effort to settle in the province that nominates you.

My advice do this the right way. It is difficult but you will eventually make it.

Reactions: YVR123

ahmad456

Feb 15, 2023
Well i would say you should be main applicant as your score is 477 . anything above 450 will have chances of falling in pool. Do you have reletives in canada?

ahmad456

Feb 15, 2023
Are you currently on visit visa there?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This "make-do express entry application" with fake employement history will be seen as misrepresentation to IRCC. If you never worked, do not put fake work experience on the EE entry.

Good luck in exploring other economic route to immigrate.

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
477 ... amazing ... almost impossible ... congratulations

Have you taken French? Additional 50 points would almost guarantee you meet the cut off in the next non PNP draw

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
Ah, you are between a rock and a hard place. Since you are using your PGWP you will get additional points every year under CEC. Unfortunately you will also lose points due to your age.
As what I have suggested earlier, get the 50 points from French. That would give you 459 points, which is quite decent.
Alternatively, try asking your current employer to give you an offer letter, that would be another 50 points OR if your employer really likes you, be honest and talk to them of your plans on migrating to Canada. Ask them if they are willing to offer you a management position maybe one or two years later. Else, look around for a management job. Those are worth 200 points

EsterO

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Ah, you are between a rock and a hard place. Since you are using your PGWP you will get additional points every year under CEC. Unfortunately you will also lose points due to your age.
As what I have suggested earlier, get the 50 points from French. That would give you 459 points, which is quite decent.
Alternatively, try asking your current employer to give you an offer letter, that would be another 50 points OR if your employer really likes you, be honest and talk to them of your plans on migrating to Canada. Ask them if they are willing to offer you a management position maybe one or two years later. Else, look around for a management job. Those are worth 200 points
Many thanks for your invaluable response.