+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Explanation of letter from IRCC

Deutschland

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Dear Friends,

I am a permanent resident of Canada. My sister and and brother in law applied for visitor visa for Canada. We did submit the form "Application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006)" notarized by lawyer for my sister but did not submit for my brother in law as he does not have any immediate family member in Canada. Now we have received a letter on my brother in law online profile. I am attaching the text of the letter in the bottom of this thread. Can anybody explain this letter as the language is a bit confusing. What I understood was that we have not submitted any evidence that my brother in law in exempted from traveling to Canada, therefore the visa application is not being prioritized. However the visa application is not rejected and will be processed in normal queue after the travel restrictions are lifted. Can anybody explain if my understanding is right of the letter. You help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions

Good day,

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada.

Please note that if you already possess a valid visitor visa (TRV) or eTA, the refusal issued has no impact on your travel document, and is solely a refusal of your request for written authorization which you require to travel to Canada while the travel restrictions are in place. If you do not already have a valid TRV or eTA and had applied for a travel document, as you do not meet the exemption and are not being issued written authorization, your application will not be prioritized for processing and the refusal for written authorization will not have an impact on the future processing of your application.

As you are not exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada, as you may be prevented from boarding your flight and/or entering Canada.

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship of Canada

amir_ca

Aug 20, 2015
Dear Friends,

I am a permanent resident of Canada. My sister and and brother in law applied for visitor visa for Canada. We did submit the form "Application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006)" notarized by lawyer for my sister but did not submit for my brother in law as he does not have any immediate family member in Canada. Now we have received a letter on my brother in law online profile. I am attaching the text of the letter in the bottom of this thread. Can anybody explain this letter as the language is a bit confusing. What I understood was that we have not submitted any evidence that my brother in law in exempted from traveling to Canada, therefore the visa application is not being prioritized. However the visa application is not rejected and will be processed in normal queue after the travel restrictions are lifted. Can anybody explain if my understanding is right of the letter. You help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions

Good day,

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada.

Please note that if you already possess a valid visitor visa (TRV) or eTA, the refusal issued has no impact on your travel document, and is solely a refusal of your request for written authorization which you require to travel to Canada while the travel restrictions are in place. If you do not already have a valid TRV or eTA and had applied for a travel document, as you do not meet the exemption and are not being issued written authorization, your application will not be prioritized for processing and the refusal for written authorization will not have an impact on the future processing of your application.

As you are not exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada, as you may be prevented from boarding your flight and/or entering Canada.

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship of Canada
Hi,

I have received this letter for my mother's visitor visa application. I am a permanent resident of Canada. Based on the guide on the IRCC website there is no need for an Authorization Letter for an immediate family member of PRs. What happened to your application finally?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have received this letter for my mother's visitor visa application. I am a permanent resident of Canada. Based on the guide on the IRCC website there is no need for an Authorization Letter for an immediate family member of PRs. What happened to your application finally?
The letter you received in February says your brother in law does not qualify to travel to Canada. The special authorization request was denied because he doesn’t qualify.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

If you applied for special authorization for your mother the special authorization would have been denied because she doesn’t qualify for special authorization. That doesn’t mean she can’t travel to Canada, she just doesn’t need special authorization to travel. Would suggest travelling with proof that she is the parent of a PR even if she is traveling when requirements are loosened.