Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
I was wondering if anyone in this forum could please help me trouble shoot my explanation letter before I send it off. it is meant to explain the issue I was concerned with (my passport name is an abbreviation of the name on my birth certificate) like I stated in this post:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patrick407E said:
hello everyone. This is my first post so forgive me if I break any rules.

On my birth certificate from my home country, I have my full name "XXNameXX MiddleName LastName" but in my passport and all my other document since I have grown up (school transcripts, report cards, T4s, Work, Diploma, study permits, work permits, everything) it says "Name LastName". for example my birth certificate shows "jojohnson Jason capps" then my passport and other docs show "johns capps".

Can anyone please advice me if they think this will be a problem? has anyone else here been in same or similar position? what would you all advice I do?
I have 2 police clearances from my home country 1 for each name, as well as a clearance from here for both names, one listed as alias.

Please advice if you can, and thank you in advance.
If anyone can help suggest changes, that would be wonderful. Thank you in advance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XXXX Xxxxxxxxx,
UID:

An explanation of the difference between birth certificate name and passport name

On my birth certificate my name is listed as XxXXXXxx Rick Xxxxxxxxx. This is the name given to me by my parents at birth but no one I know (including my parents and brother) has ever called me by that name. Instead I have always been referred to by the abbreviated version or short form of my name which is XXXX Xxxxxxxxx. This is who I know myself to be and is what I have been called since childhood, school (primary, secondary, and university), work, and social life. In fact the name XxXXXXxx does not appear on any of my documents (official or unofficial) except my birth certificate. No one apart from my parents know me as, or have ever referred to me as XxXXXXxx.

The first time I applied for a passport in my home country, I was asked by the immigration official, what my name was and I told him my name (XXXX Xxxxxxxxx) and that has been on my passport ever since. This has never been a problem because XXXX Xxxxxxxxx is who I am, this is who the world knows me as and, and I have never existed or carried out any activity as any individual other than XXXX Xxxxxxxxx.

Regards,

XXXX Xxxxxxxxx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all once again for all your help

saravana85

Nov 20, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have received the PR invitation under the Canadian Experience Class and I am in the process of uploading the necessary documents. I have concern about the difference in my first name between my educational documents and my passport. My first name in all my educational documents are listed as 'Saravana kumar' but in my passport and work permit my first name is listed as 'Saravanakumar' [without the space between Saravana and kumar]. I have a few questions regarding this,

1. First do I really need to mention this difference in the Letter of explanation?
2. If I need to mention do I need to get any affidavit or notary for that?

I am really confused. Can you all please give me suggestion how to proceed further?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Saravanakumar

Reactions: gcastrobh

rajakaali

Dec 6, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have received the PR invitation under the Canadian Experience Class and I am in the process of uploading the necessary documents. I have concern about the difference in my first name between my educational documents and my passport. My first name in all my educational documents are listed as 'Saravana kumar' but in my passport and work permit my first name is listed as 'Saravanakumar' [without the space between Saravana and kumar]. I have a few questions regarding this,

1. First do I really need to mention this difference in the Letter of explanation?
2. If I need to mention do I need to get any affidavit or notary for that?

I am really confused. Can you all please give me suggestion how to proceed further?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Saravanakumar
Hello Saravanakumar,
I have the same issue. All my educational credentials have Ram Kumar and my Passport has Ramkumar (missing the space). My application is due tomorrow. Any update on this would help. Did you attach a letter of explanation?

Please let me know

saravana85

Nov 20, 2017
Hello Ramkumar,

I've attached a LOE for that and there is no need for getting affidavit. Also I personally think it won't be a problem if you don't attach the LOE.

Here is my LOE..

The Canada Immigration Officer

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Explanation letter related to the difference in my First Name between Educational/Employment Certificates and my Passport.

I would like to clarify the difference in my first name between my educational/employment certificates and my passport. In all my educational/employment certificates my first name is listed as ‘Saravana kumar’. But in my passport and work permit documents, my first name is listed as ‘Saravanakumar’ [without the space between ‘Saravana’ and ‘kumar’]. And this hadn’t brought any confusion when applied for my work permit for Canada so far.

Herewith I have attached the necessary documents to support the difference in my first name.

1. Degree Certificate - Addressed me as Saravana kumar

2. Passport & Work Permit - Addressed me as Saravanakumar

I declare that the above stated details and copies attached are truthful, complete and correct.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

All the best for your application.

Reactions: Rangana

rajakaali

Dec 6, 2017
Hello Ramkumar,

I've attached a LOE for that and there is no need for getting affidavit. Also I personally think it won't be a problem if you don't attach the LOE.

Here is my LOE..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Explanation letter related to the difference in my First Name between Educational/Employment Certificates and my Passport.

I would like to clarify the difference in my first name between my educational/employment certificates and my passport. In all my educational/employment certificates my first name is listed as ‘Saravana kumar’. But in my passport and work permit documents, my first name is listed as ‘Saravanakumar’ [without the space between ‘Saravana’ and ‘kumar’]. And this hadn’t brought any confusion when applied for my work permit for Canada so far.

Herewith I have attached the necessary documents to support the difference in my first name.

I declare that the above stated details and copies attached are truthful, complete and correct.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

This is very valuable information. I have been dreading about this. Hope it will all be okay. Thanks a lot for your timely reply. Its much appreciated!!!

Reactions: gcastrobh

yogithajoshi

Nov 1, 2018
Hello Saravana,

Thank you for the post.

In my case it is Y****** S J***** and Y****** Srinivas J*****. its abbreviated version

can you please suggest if I need an Affidavit for this or just LOE is enough also, did you get the LOE certified?

Thank you,
Yogitha

Hello Ramkumar,

Here is my LOE..

Dear Sir/Madam,

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hello Ramkumar,

Here is my LOE..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hi,

My passport has my name in given names and surname is blank. I want to split my given names.
Given name - Nancy Jean
Surname -

change to
Given name - Nancy
Surname - Jean

What explanation can I give? I am going to apply for my PR soon.
I am going to renew my passport as well tomorrow.
Please advice

Mandeep76

Dec 7, 2019
Hello Ramkumar,

Here is my LOE..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hi where did you submitted this letter of explanation?
In optional document?

Mandeep76

Dec 7, 2019
Hello Ramkumar,

Here is my LOE..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Did you also attach educational documents once again and passport copy in optional document category?
Because all those documents we need to upload in educational column or just affidavit and LOE
Thanks

Reactions: Rangana

Rangana

Jul 23, 2015
Hello Sarvanakumar and Ramkumar ,

I see you both are in the same situation as mine. In my Wes report , degree certificate and transcripts my last name goes as Udayakumar ( without a space). However in passport , birth certificate and all the other documents my last name goes as Udaya Kumar (with a space ) I would like to know your advice regarding this matter. Do I need to submit a LOE mentioning the name difference ? Or am I required to get an affidavit for this ?

I would really appreciate your inputs. Thanks in advance.

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello Ramkumar,

Here is my LOE..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hello @saravana85 & @rajakaali,

I am in same situation, and would be writing LOE for the space between names in the certificates. I had another query regarding this field in application form. "Has this person ever used any other name?". What did you answer for this in above scenario?

arvishbarot56

Mar 7, 2021
Hello, I have one question about my application,
In my passport my name is mentioned as ARVISHKUMAR SHARADKUMAR , In my education degree document my name is ARVISHKUMAR SHARADBHAI , Can someone tell me what kind of LOE I require as I have 30 days remaining to submit my application?

arvishbarot56

Mar 7, 2021
Hello, I have one question about my application,
In my passport my name is mentioned as ARVISHKUMAR SHARADKUMAR , In my education degree document my name is ARVISHKUMAR SHARADBHAI , Can someone tell me what kind of LOE I require as I have 30 days remaining to submit my application? Any affidavit require for this?

Anju26

May 14, 2021
Hello everyone, I have received the PR invitation under the Canadian Experience Class and I am in the process of uploading the necessary documents. I have concern about the difference in my last name between my educational/Employment documents and my passport.

In my passport name is listed as Rajeshwari Nagaraj
In my education records - name is listed as Rajeshwari N
In my employment record - I recently changed my name to Rajeshwari Nagaraj(on march 2021) but the problem here is all the records and eletters before March is showing as Rajeshwari N
Any affidavit required for this?

Can anyone suggest me to proceed further.