+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Explain please visiting visa rejecting

canfarhan

Nov 27, 2007
My brother apply for visit visa to attend the graduation party for his son in Prince edward university; he send the invitation letter from the university and bank statment for the last 6 months and other required documents and fees his son is pemenent resident in canada and study in prince edward university.
Three days before the officer refused the application for the following reasons:
1/ You have not satisfy me on the balance of probability, that you meet all of the requirements of entry to Canada and that you would comply with the laws of Canada
if you were authorized to enter(as per regulation 179)
2/I m not satisfied that you have answered truthlly all questions put to you as requested by section 16(1).
So please sombody explain what is the meaning of (as per regulation 179) and
as requested by section 16(1).
waiting the answers.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canfarhan said:
My brother apply for visit visa to attend the graduation party for his son in Prince edward university; he send the invitation letter from the university and bank statment for the last 6 months and other required documents and fees his son is pemenent resident in canada and study in prince edward university.
Three days before the officer refused the application for the following reasons:
1/ You have not satisfy me on the balance of probability, that you meet all of the requirements of entry to Canada and that you would comply with the laws of Canada
if you were authorized to enter(as per regulation 179)
2/I m not satisfied that you have answered truthlly all questions put to you as requested by section 16(1).
So please sombody explain what is the meaning of (as per regulation 179) and
as requested by section 16(1).
waiting the answers.
1. 179. An officer shall issue a temporary resident visa to a foreign national if, following an examination, it is established that the foreign national
(a) has applied in accordance with these Regulations for a temporary resident visa as a member of the visitor, worker or student class;
(b) will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay under Division 2;
(c) holds a passport or other document that they may use to enter the country that issued it or another country;
(d) meets the requirements applicable to that class;
(e) is not inadmissible; and
(f) meets the requirements of section 30.

16. (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Obligation — relevant evidence

(2) In the case of a foreign national,
(a) the relevant evidence referred to in subsection (1) includes photographic and fingerprint evidence; and
(b) the foreign national must submit to a medical examination on request.

Evidence relating to identity

(3) An officer may require or obtain from a permanent resident or a foreign national who is arrested, detained or subject to a removal order, any evidence — photographic, fingerprint or otherwise — that may be used to establish their identity or compliance with this Act.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
The visa officer's reasons cover so much waterfront as to be of little help in explaining to the applicant exactly why he was refused.

If the VO thought the applicant lied about his age, for example, why not just say so succinctly?