Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Hi all,
Scenario: Work permit status expired in June 30 and I have 90 days to leave Canada which means leaving Canada by Sep 30. If I get married before Sep 30 and apply for Permanent Resident under the Family Class for spousal sponsorship, can I remain in Canada?
If so, how? Do I apply for Visitor visa or another kind of visa?
Pls reply, this is extremely important.
Thanks

Mez007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
File Transfer...
20-04-2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2012
So you want to get married right before you get deported ?
I hope you have proof that you were in this relationship before the deportation letter ..

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
getting married will not give you any special treatment and you will still be expected to leave by September 30th, you need to apply for restoration of status and change your status to visitor BEFORE September 30th. This gives you "implied status" until a decision is made... What is your home Country? Have you decided whether your filing In-land or Out-land? Honestly Out-land seems the best for you because if they don't extend your stay (now or at any point during the processing time) and you have to leave Canada your In-land application will be denied. and if you don't leave a deportaion order will issued, making you leave and banning you before you can even re-apply... below is a link for the restoration of status and changing over to visitor status. GL!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Hi Creampop,

Thank you for the link. I'm actually applying for Visitor visa now for a restoration. I'm already under implied status. My PGWP expires in June and I was in implied status because I was waiting for my LMO. I got a problem with the LMO because Service Canada was not able to reach HR in my company and viceversa. Now SC closed the LMO and my employer has been calling and the officer doesn't pick up her phone so at least my employer has the opportunity to confirm whatever SC needs to confirm and have the LMO re-open. Unfortunately, no luck with the LMO at all.

In regards to marriage, the wedding was set up for December as we were presuming that I'll have my new work permit in that time. Unluckily, it isn't happening and we are thinking if we should advance the wedding and just something very simple, sad. Then we could do inland or outland. I'm still thinking. I'm under the impression the out land is faster but someone told me in land is faster. The advantage of in land is that I could receive an open work permit but that won't happen in about after 11 months once the sponsorship is approved.

The very first thing I need to do is to apply for a restoration. By the way, I have never applied for restoration before. I'm afraid that I don't get my visitor visa approved...

Do you or anyone in this forum know anyone in similar circumstances who is applying for restoration for visitor and didn't have the visa approved?

Cheers

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
sorry my reply is so delayed... ok, did you receive anything saying the LMO was closed? if so your 90 days shouldn't have started until then. So apply for the restoration first thats the important thing. What is your home country? knowing the home country gives a better idea of how to get things to work lol I don't wanna type a novel and not even know if it you work for you... differences between visa-exempt and needing a visa....