+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiry of permanent visa

Russell Gomes

Aug 28, 2009
Hi All,

What happens if I do not travel within the required time, namely one year since doing the medicals ? Do I have to do the
whole immigration process all over again. How long will the retake of the medicals take and the issue of a new visa.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
my understanding is that you have to go through the entire process again...

let others reply

gsidhu

Aug 19, 2009
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
under process
Interview........
Rabb Rabb karo
why u want to get it expire

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
dear gsidhu, that is right. everyone want to delay their travel as they want to wait till the recession gets over.....any comments? rgds, George

don_c

Nov 20, 2008
You can land in Canada and return after two weeks with your PR card. That way you can still keep your job while waiting for the recession.
You can even return days after if you have someone who can send you PR cardto you(risky) if there is an issue requiring your clarification before PR card is issued and you are out, you lose out too.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you let your visa expire, you will have to apply all over again.

What you can do instead is go to Canada and land as a PR. You don't have to move right away since you are allowed to live outside Canada up to 3 in 5 years as a PR. The PR card is sent to you by mail to a Canadian address around 30 days after you arrive. If you can not stay in Canada that long, you can give an address of a friend or a relative in Canada and the PR card will be sent there and the friend and relative can later mail it to you. You could also arrange a PO Box with automatic forwarding to your address back home and call immigration once you have it set up and give them the PO Box to send the card to. You can also tell immigration to hold your PR card for now since you are not staying very long and once you are ready to move to Canada, apply for a PR travel document at the embassy to get in and then apply for the PR card again once you are in Canada to stay.

Russell Gomes

Aug 28, 2009
Thanks you all for you reply, and a special thanks to Leon. I think it is better to enter Canada on time, apply for the PR then leave and come back later. I know going thru the process again become harder the second time around.