+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

expiry date of IMM5688???

YYINGYYU

Oct 19, 2012
I got email reagarding "instruction for Visa", the below section is partial from the letter, they asking to send the permanent residence fee and the passport within 30 days, and i got the email on Nov 18, 2012; but the situation is I have to go to US on Nov 9, and back on Nov 11. So the earliest i can send my passport out is on Nov 12.
I also see the IMM5688, is this form issued after they receive my permanent residence fee? Or IMM5688 is already issued since the application is processed, if so where can I find out the expiry date of IMM5688?

Can someone please share some opinions & expereiences, guide me on this one?

great appreciate any help.

5. Visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) Validity

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) and pay the RPRF as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

6. Send your documents to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit

Your passport(s) and your RPRF payment (if not already paid) must be submitted within the next 30 days to the Consulate General of Canada in Detroit.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
YYINGYYU said:
I got email reagarding "instruction for Visa", the below section is partial from the letter, they asking to send the permanent residence fee and the passport within 30 days, and i got the email on Nov 18, 2012; but the situation is I have to go to US on Nov 9, and back on Nov 11. So the earliest i can send my passport out is on Nov 12.
I also see the IMM5688, is this form issued after they receive my permanent residence fee? Or IMM5688 is already issued since the application is processed, if so where can I find out the expiry date of IMM5688?

Can someone please share some opinions & expereiences, guide me on this one?

great appreciate any help.

5. Visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) Validity

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) and pay the RPRF as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

6. Send your documents to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit

Your passport(s) and your RPRF payment (if not already paid) must be submitted within the next 30 days to the Consulate General of Canada in Detroit.
I'm assuming you mean you got your PPR on October 18, right?

I went through something very similar last month. I sent my passport (via overnight mail) to LA and included a cover letter advising them I needed my passport back within 3 weeks because I had an upcoming work trip. I included a copy of the itinerary as well. I had my passport back within 2 weeks.

Check the rules for Detroit and see if you can include a prepaid overnight mailer, as that would mean you would have your passport back by then. In my case, I had to send it to a US office, so I had it sent to my company's US office and they then forwarded it to me in Canada via FedEx.

If you get it back, you could then land on 11 November when you return.

If you prefer to defer it, you can send it when you get back - they will send out one more letter before they close out your file. Or you can send them notification of your conflict and advise them you will be sending the passport after you get back to Canada on November 11.

Generally, the expiration date of your COPR (and visa if you are not visa-exempt) is the earliest of your medical expiration OR your passport.

Congratulations!

YYINGYYU

Oct 19, 2012
thank you very much "computergeek", that's great help!

I probably will defer it after i come back since i really don't wanna miss the trip.

Couple more questions, do you resident in Canada? if so I think Canadian residence can submit the application to windsor instead of Detroit?
is the validate period of medical exam is one year?

thank you in advance :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
YYINGYYU said:
thank you very much "computergeek", that's great help!

I probably will defer it after i come back since i really don't wanna miss the trip.

Couple more questions, do you resident in Canada? if so I think Canadian residence can submit the application to windsor instead of Detroit?
is the validate period of medical exam is one year?

thank you in advance :)
I do live in Canada. LA did not give me any option other than sending it to them, but I know that other VOs have other options available to them.

Yes, the medical examination is good for one year from when it was performed.