+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiring PGWP, CEC Application Rejected.

Vik1112

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF & Biodata 23-12-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
24-12-2013
Med's Done....
06-01-2014 (eCAS received 02-02-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exepmt
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2014 (received in mail 05-02-2014)
LANDED..........
06-02-2014 at Peace bridge
MrB said:
That being said when you were submitting you application did you have any concerns? or perhaps doubt? if you have a copy of your job duties can you post it leaving out all your personal information. What where you ielt scores like? how did you count your hours? Did you start working before your convocation? These are questions you should ask yourself. A huge percentage of people that get refused have a slight idea.
Gabbie,

I believe MrB intended to address these questions to you.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gabbie said:
If I send a new ref letter, do you think it will help?
I guess you're coming to this forum for help. A new reference letter could help but it's essential you do not make the same errors. Therefore i'll advise that you post the initial reference letter on the forum like I mentioned, so that we can review it and do an analysis on it.

If it's decided that your job duties match 1241, then you can email those job duties to hrsdc and they can confirm it's 1241, this would serve as additional evidence. Like I mentioned before the burden of proof is on you as the applicant, and you can never have too much evidence to back your application.

Your notes should also be arriving sometime in mid november, so you should be able to see the reasons given by the officer if it's a refusal.
But like I mentioned, let's see your reference letter including your job duties, what were your ielts scores and when was your work start and end date. Also include the hours and tell us the primary function of your firm, it is essential in analyzing the structure of your firm.

gabbie

Oct 15, 2013
MrB said:
I guess you're coming to this forum for help. A new reference letter could help but it's essential you do not make the same errors. Therefore i'll advise that you post the initial reference letter on the forum like I mentioned, so that we can review it and do an analysis on it.

If it's decided that your job duties match 1241, then you can email those job duties to hrsdc and they can confirm it's 1241, this would serve as additional evidence. Like I mentioned before the burden of proof is on you as the applicant, and you can never have too much evidence to back your application.

Your notes should also be arriving sometime in mid november, so you should be able to see the reasons given by the officer if it's a refusal.
But like I mentioned, let's see your reference letter including your job duties, what were your ielts scores and when was your work start and end date. Also include the hours and tell us the primary function of your firm, it is essential in analyzing the structure of your firm.
There’s just 7 of us in the office, the owner (general director), my boss (office manager), a purchaser, a book keeper and 3 admin assistant. I am one of them and also the most senior in that position. My company is a technology machinist company. There are 65 people working on the floor and 5 people working in the quality assurance department. We manufacture metal machine parts for other companies.
I work at the main office, and my jobs include:

-Greeting guests and signing them up, as our company is in the controlled good program. This means that we make goods for the army and such. I am also to make certain that the guests have an appointment so that irrelevant person may not enter the office.
-Answering the phone, and connecting them to the right person. This means that I parse the calls; making sure that salesperson that does not have any connection to our business does not get through to my boss.
-I also do both manual and computerized data entry. This means that when we have a purchase orders, I would enter them into our system and also make a physical ‘work order folder’ which will guide the men on the floor of the details of the parts they are making.
-This also means that I maintain the inventory record of our goods.
-Not only that, I also did the papers when we are shipping our products. I send off the packing slips, bills of ladings and invoices to our customers with the good we made.
-Starting from a year and a half ago, I have also been assisting the book keeper in invoices and packing slips maintenances. I did some of the data entry of the invoices and credits that we receive.

My overall band score in IELTS was 8.0.
I work 40 hours a week, starting from Dec 6, 2010 and I had my convocation on August 2010.

I am working on a permanent basis, which means that even right now, I still am working there.

gabbie

Oct 15, 2013
Truthfully, I think the recommendation letter from my manager might be the problem. This is what she says in the letter.

INFORMATION REQUIRED

This letter is to inform you that ….. is a full time employee at……. She started with us on December 6, 2010 and is working in the capacity of clerical assistance, this includes various clerical duties. This is the only position that ……. Has worked in since the beginning of her work period with us.
……’s yearly salary is….. and we work a 40 hour week, We have a health benefit plan that is fifty-fifty responsibility.

Through her experience she has gained much knowledge in the office environment and has taken responsibility of her duties seriously. …….. is a respected part of our team.

We trust this information is complete, if you have any further questions, please contact the undersigned.

What does the seniors think?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gabbie said:
Truthfully, I think the recommendation letter from my manager might be the problem. This is what she says in the letter.

INFORMATION REQUIRED

This letter is to inform you that ..... is a full time employee at....... She started with us on December 6, 2010 and is working in the capacity of clerical assistance, this includes various clerical duties. This is the only position that ....... Has worked in since the beginning of her work period with us.
......'s yearly salary is..... and we work a 40 hour week, We have a health benefit plan that is fifty-fifty responsibility.

Through her experience she has gained much knowledge in the office environment and has taken responsibility of her duties seriously. ........ is a respected part of our team.

We trust this information is complete, if you have any further questions, please contact the undersigned.

What does the seniors think?
Means you were working as an office clerk, not in a skilled position which is a requirement for CEC. 1411 is Semi Skilled.

gabbie

Oct 15, 2013
I see. However, I have been doing the duties of admin assistant, yes?
I'm thinking of going to my office manager and ask her about this letter. If I can have her change the letter into Administrative Assistant, do you think this will be okay?

Brandy

Dec 31, 2012
@Gabbie,

Let me know if you would like me to rewrite your letter for you then we can share with the Seniors if it makes sense before you submit your new application. The reference letter that you provided is not a good one and it qualifies you under a semi skilled NOC. Your Company should have never mentioned that you were doing clerical duties. I believe you can still reapply but this time around your Company would have to mention that you were proving administrative support to their team.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
iamroth said:
Prepare for a refusal.

Prepare your documents for next application. You can apply from outside Canada too, if you have to leave.

But don't lose hope until u see that rejection letter.
second that

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
gabbie said:
LOL so true. Still, feels a little tiring, because I've been here for 8 years, and this happens. Now, I'm running around like a headless chicken, just trying to fix this. Feels discouraged, especially when my colleagues (natives) were kind enough to make a joke of my situation when i told them.
what made u think that ur application will be rejected?? Did u not fulfilled all their requirements ??? ???

gabbie

Oct 15, 2013
hey guys,

I received the rejection e-mail on Oct. 25. 2013, which say that I've been rejected on the basis that the ref. letter does not show that I've been working as the admin. Assist.

Oh well, I'm trying again though. I contacted someone on Sunday, and they said that it's allright, and just email them with a new ref. letter. I did that.

However, I'm preparing a new CEC application package and a bridging open work permit application, just to cover my bases.

jaihanuman

Nov 27, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
30-01-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Last year one of my friend rejected in the same manner but he got email from cic on the same day when his status changed to decision made.

His status changed before medical a.