+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

expired work permit/change employer

borgy

Feb 7, 2012
ineed help...i work as a food counter attendant in vancouver,my work permit expires and now i found a new employer within the same category now i apply for a new LMO and got a positive LMO.NOW,when we apply for a work permit i got denied they said i have to go back to my country to exit.MY QUESTION IS...am i gonna get refuse again?how much time is the processing for my new work visa?thanks...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Are you out of Canada now? When did your status expire?

borgy said:
ineed help...i work as a food counter attendant in vancouver,my work permit expires and now i found a new employer within the same category now i apply for a new LMO and got a positive LMO.NOW,when we apply for a work permit i got denied they said i have to go back to my country to exit.MY QUESTION IS...am i gonna get refuse again?how much time is the processing for my new work visa?thanks...

borgy

Feb 7, 2012
im still in canada.but they say i have to leave immediately.what does immediately mean?can my MP help me with this?imagine i have an LMO right now

borgy

Feb 7, 2012
hi job seeker!just got a letter from them stating that they refused my application for extension.now,they said it is bec of strong family ties from my country,...my employer will accompy me to my MP tom to ask for a reconsideration or is it possible to ask them to help me in re applying?can i re apply from inside canada instead of going back to my country?thanks a lot