+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired Visa WHP NEED URGENT HELP

Ashford

Dec 1, 2013
Hi so I have lived in Canada for about 2 years with the working holiday program, as my current one was set to expire I applied for a new one to the Consulate General Of Canada in Sydney, I recieved a Conditional Acceptance Letter informing me that I need to complete stage 2 of my application through mycic. I completed that and it gave me the option of applying for extension of temporary work visa, which got refused. My visa has officially expired and I assume I am here illegally I still have a valid conditional acceptance letter but have no idea whether I can still apply from within Canada (illegally)? Any help or advice will be much appreciated thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ashford said:
Hi so I have lived in Canada for about 2 years with the working holiday program, as my current one was set to expire I applied for a new one to the Consulate General Of Canada in Sydney, I recieved a Conditional Acceptance Letter informing me that I need to complete stage 2 of my application through mycic. I completed that and it gave me the option of applying for extension of temporary work visa, which got refused. My visa has officially expired and I assume I am here illegally I still have a valid conditional acceptance letter but have no idea whether I can still apply from within Canada (illegally)? Any help or advice will be much appreciated thank you
Let me guess, you put the country of residence as Canada, rather than Australia, that is why it kicked you to the extension of TWP. By being out of status, you better apply for restoration as a visitor. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp Then you re-do your IEC work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You are out of status (i.e. in Canada with no legal status).

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
you can only apply for restoration within 90 days of your rejection letter otherwise no option but leaving canada and applying from abroad.

Ashford

Dec 1, 2013
Hey guys, im still in canada and I have just received a visitor visa. Now i am on to re-appply for my IEC. As PMM said I had to put that I was in Australia rather than Canada but I have been asked to provide a police certificate, am I meant to provide an Australian police certificate or a Canadian one? If Canadian what police certificate should I apply for?

Thankyou

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ashford said:
Hey guys, im still in canada and I have just received a visitor visa. Now i am on to re-appply for my IEC. As PMM said I had to put that I was in Australia rather than Canada but I have been asked to provide a police certificate, am I meant to provide an Australian police certificate or a Canadian one? If Canadian what police certificate should I apply for?

Thankyou
Australian. If they want a Canadian, they specifically ask for it.

Ashford

Dec 1, 2013
Thankyou for your help PMM, just one more nagging question when it comes to my application for work permit made outside of canada do i write that im actually here? or is it still Australia?

p.s if you're in Ottawa sometime let me buy you a beer.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Ashford said:
Thankyou for your help PMM, just one more nagging question when it comes to my application for work permit made outside of canada do i write that im actually here? or is it still Australia?

Hi,
You can apply for work permit if you have an LMO through the Consulate of Canada in the US. I guess Boston is the nearest one. If you have a valid Visitor's Visa you are eligible to do it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ashford said:

1. Residence Australia, mailing address Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Carlaganda23 said:
Hi,
You can apply for work permit if you have an LMO through the Consulate of Canada in the US. I guess Boston is the nearest one. If you have a valid Visitor's Visa you are eligible to do it.
1. The OP is applying for an IEC working holiday visa, s/he has to apply through Sydney Australia. S/he doesn't require a LMO
2. For your information the only Canadian consulates in the US that accept Immigration applications are LA and New York.

Ashford

Dec 1, 2013
Country where applying should be Australia too?

Do I also inform them that I was out of status for a bit too?

Ashford

Dec 1, 2013
Hello PMM

I assume its best to contact you here as I have a few questions,

I applied for my visa 6 months ago and today finally it was approved, I have however overstayed the 90 days past my tourist/visitors visa. I now know I need to go to the border to receive this Visa (my girlfriend has been supporting me until we got an answer) will I be allowed to say 'flagpole' and get my visa or should I try another option?

Let me know I dont want to be refused and wind up being deported or something

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ashford said:
Hello PMM

I assume its best to contact you here as I have a few questions,

I applied for my visa 6 months ago and today finally it was approved, I have however overstayed the 90 days past my tourist/visitors visa. I now know I need to go to the border to receive this Visa (my girlfriend has been supporting me until we got an answer) will I be allowed to say 'flagpole' and get my visa or should I try another option?

Let me know I dont want to be refused and wind up being deported or something

Thanks
It is quite possible that you can be refused admission, with an overstay. Why didn't you extend your status.

Ashford

Dec 1, 2013
I don't have any good reasons for why I didnt extend it. Is there anyway to counteract the issue? Will it definitely be a problem?