Expired study permit

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
IRCC does NOT have access to CRA. They cannot "check a person's SIN", see their employment records or get their NOAs/T4s.

raminhasani

Aug 22, 2019
Hi,
my study permit will expire in the next 4 months and the thing is I dropped two courses in the 1th semester and i had to pass them in the second semester because they were prerequisi. and now i am in the third but my study permit will expire before the last term.
my question is that is there this possibility to have my study permit extension refused because I delayed one semester finishing my study?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
my study permit will expire in the next 4 months and the thing is I dropped two courses in the 1th semester and i had to pass them in the second semester because they were prerequisi. and now i am in the third but my study permit will expire before the last term.
my question is that is there this possibility to have my study permit extension refused because I delayed one semester finishing my study?
You can apply for an extension.

Note that if you have been part-time, your PGWP is at risk.

raminhasani

Aug 22, 2019
You can apply for an extension.

Note that if you have been part-time, your PGWP is at risk.
Thank you very much for your answer.
I actuatully didn't fail anything and for one semester I was passing 2 courses (6 credits hours ).During that time I didn't work .so please can let me know how much is possible my PGWP to be denied based on your experience and is there anything a I can do about it?
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much for your answer.
I actuatully didn't fail anything and for one semester I was passing 2 courses (6 credits hours ).During that time I didn't work .so please can let me know how much is possible my PGWP to be denied based on your experience and is there anything a I can do about it?
Thanks
To qualify for a PGWP, you must be a continuous full-time student, with the exception of the final semester and scheduled breaks in your program. If you were part-time, there's nothing you can do about it now.