+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired study permit need urgent help don’t know what to do

Tipus

Feb 14, 2020
I need help guys, I have no idea what to do. My study permit expired over a year ago and I’m still in school. It was a huge but honest mistake on my end. Idk what to do. I don’t want to leave everything and let it go to dust. Please help

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
There is realistically no way to restore status in Canada after the 90 days grace period for restoration. Only option is to leave and apply for a new permit, but your overstay may count against you.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I need help guys, I have no idea what to do. My study permit expired over a year ago and I’m still in school. It was a huge but honest mistake on my end. Idk what to do. I don’t want to leave everything and let it go to dust. Please help
I don't what what your intention/goal is but I hope you are close to finishing your studies so you can get your diploma because you've pretty much been illegal for a year now. Best scenario you can hope for is that you are granted your degree and can continue your studies/work elsewhere. In terms of working in Canada, I highly doubt it is going to be possible.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Slightly amazed that your school has allowed this, be sure they don't deny you your diploma at the end because you dont have a study permit. Also be careful how you approach bringing this up, they might tell you to stop studying.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I was thinking of applying for a TRP should I?
You're free to do what you want but, (personally) I think your time in Canada is up. It is highly unlikely that you they will approve you for anything with a 1 Year illegal status. You will probably get a 10 year ban as well.