+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PRTD

raclemena

Oct 6, 2019
Hello,

Myself and my wife are landed PRs. We are currently in India. As PR cards expired in 2018, we have been issued PRTD (R1 category) even though we applied on H&C basis.

We were about to move to Canada on 28th April 2020 but due to this Covid 19 Pandemic and world wide lockdown, our flight was cancelled. Meanwhile, my husband’s PRTD got expired. During this Covid-19 pandemic, uprooting ourselves to settle over there and to travel with 2 small kids (2 years & 5 years old) as well as a senior citizen (70 years) at life risk seems difficult.

As the second wave has already started in Canada, the prevailing situation is not yet safe. And many flights carry asymptomatic Covid-19 positive passengers. It is difficult to maintain advisories declared by the World Health Organizations & Health Ministry in order to prevent transmission of Covid-19 during air travel with kids & senior citizens as they are at higher risk.

We waited enough expecting the stabilization of the Covid-19 situation and free movement with starting of all international flights as we have to travel with kids and senior citizen.

Considering the above facts is it advisable to postpone our travelling till safe period? It will led to expiry of my wife's travel document (5th November2020). Otherwise she will have to fly to Canada before 5th November 2020 with the life risk of my family.

Please provide appropriate guidance in this tough situation. So we can save our PR Status.

Thanks
Hello,

Myself and my wife are landed PRs. We are currently in India. As PR cards expired in 2018, we have been issued PRTD (R1 category) even though we applied on H&C basis.

We were about to move to Canada on 28th April 2020 but due to this Covid 19 Pandemic and world wide lockdown, our flight was cancelled. Meanwhile, my husband’s PRTD got expired. During this Covid-19 pandemic, uprooting ourselves to settle over there and to travel with 2 small kids (2 years & 5 years old) as well as a senior citizen (70 years) at life risk seems difficult.

As the second wave has already started in Canada, the prevailing situation is not yet safe. And many flights carry asymptomatic Covid-19 positive passengers. It is difficult to maintain advisories declared by the World Health Organizations & Health Ministry in order to prevent transmission of Covid-19 during air travel with kids & senior citizens as they are at higher risk.

We waited enough expecting the stabilization of the Covid-19 situation and free movement with starting of all international flights as we have to travel with kids and senior citizen.

Considering the above facts is it advisable to postpone our travelling till safe period? It will led to expiry of my wife's travel document (5th November2020). Otherwise she will have to fly to Canada before 5th November 2020 with the life risk of my family.

Please provide appropriate guidance in this tough situation. So we can save our PR Status.

Thanks
Hello,

Thanks

Hello drdenil

In my situation right now is that I haven’t applied yet for my 2nd PRTD. My PRTD expired last June 2020. Im still waiting until this pandemic is over then I’ll start processing my 2nd PRTD.

I’ll let you know the updates.

Thanks