+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PRTD

raclemena

Oct 6, 2019
Hi there..

My PRTD is about to expire due to Covid19,. can I apply again for a new one or is it possible they will give me a new PRTD?

thank guys

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there..

My PRTD is about to expire due to Covid19,. can I apply again for a new one or is it possible they will give me a new PRTD?

thank guys
Provided you meet the RO, you can apply and will be issued another PRTD.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there..

thank guys
You need to applyf for a new one.

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi Andrea

Im still waiting to apply and besides still there are no available flights in our place right now due to covid pandemic.
My expiring in 2nd week of september then let see what to do for another PRTD as no flights and covid cases rising in India.

What about you and did you apply, and from which part you are.

Please keep updating
Thanks

raclemena

Oct 6, 2019
My expiring in 2nd week of september then let see what to do for another PRTD as no flights and covid cases rising in India.

What about you and did you apply, and from which part you are.

Please keep updating
Thanks

My PRTD already expire last June and I haven't applied yet due to covid. I’ll just wait until everything's OK.,

Im from Philippine by the way.

stay safe

andrella_malton

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
My PRTD already expire last June and I haven't applied yet due to covid. I’ll just wait until everything's OK.,

Im from Philippine by the way.

stay safe
I am not interested not to re-apply in next couple of months as covid-19 cases rising here in massive figure, so please stay connected for any update and new development. do you have any information when we apply for second time.
Thanks

drdenil

Jul 4, 2014
Hello,

Myself and my wife are landed PRs. We are currently in India. As PR cards expired in 2018, we have been issued PRTD (R1 category) even though we applied on H&C basis.

We were about to move to Canada on 28th April 2020 but due to this Covid 19 Pandemic and world wide lockdown, our flight was cancelled. Meanwhile, my husband’s PRTD got expired. During this Covid-19 pandemic, uprooting ourselves to settle over there and to travel with 2 small kids (2 years & 5 years old) as well as a senior citizen (70 years) at life risk seems difficult.

As the second wave has already started in Canada, the prevailing situation is not yet safe. And many flights carry asymptomatic Covid-19 positive passengers. It is difficult to maintain advisories declared by the World Health Organizations & Health Ministry in order to prevent transmission of Covid-19 during air travel with kids & senior citizens as they are at higher risk.

We waited enough expecting the stabilization of the Covid-19 situation and free movement with starting of all international flights as we have to travel with kids and senior citizen.

Considering the above facts is it advisable to postpone our travelling till safe period? It will led to expiry of my wife's travel document (5th November2020). Otherwise she will have to fly to Canada before 5th November 2020 with the life risk of my family.

Please provide appropriate guidance in this tough situation. So we can save our PR Status.

Thanks