+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR !

Heidif

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
P.S. Why do you say we're more than a five-year period 2010-2015 counts as five years and we're still in 2015.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heidif said:
P.S. Why do you say we're more than a five-year period 2010-2015 counts as five years and we're still in 2015.
I am not counting the full 6 calendar years of 2010, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 but rather 5 years from date to date. 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 make up 4 years in the past 5 and then you add a part of 2010 and a part of 2015 to make up the 5th. Think of it like this: Which date did we have exactly 5 years ago? Any time spent in Canada before that date would be expired, out of the 5 year window and will not count anymore.

Heidif said:
Plus, what does visa-exempt mean?
Visa exempt means a person who normally does not need a visa to travel to Canada. For example, if you had a British passport, you would be visa exempt to Canada and it would then not matter if your PR card would be expired because you could just show your passport to the airline and they would let you board. If you do not have a visa exempt passport, the airline will not let you board unless you have a valid PR card, PR travel document or a visa.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heidif said:
Plus, what does visa-exempt mean?
Visitor visa exempt = you hold a passport that does not need a visitor visa to be endorsed on it prior to travel to Canada. This has in the past made it easier for PRs who are in breach of the RO and have an expired PR Card to travel back to Canada and deal with CBSA at the border. If you are non visitor visa exempt you need either a PRTD which means scrutiny from the visa post usually with rejection for those in breach of the RO or entry via the US which needs a US visa and admission by CBP. The CBSA border agent has less time to inspect you than the visa post does. He/she also can gauge your credibility far more easily than the visa post who typically don't interview you.

Heidif

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hello,
I have a question on the application for the Travel Document:
Do I send originals? i.e. original passports, cards, etc.?
Plus, I haven't worked much in Canada. Fired after two days and so on and so on. Does that affect the result?
Thank you.
- Heidi

Heidif

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hello,
I contacted the visa office in Cairo to obtain my travel document since my Permanent Resident Card expired on the 7th of October 2015 and they told me to contact BSSGlobal.com (http://www.bssglobal.com/). Has anybody any idea what this site is all about? How do I submit my application? Please help.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heidif said:
Hello,
I contacted the visa office in Cairo to obtain my travel document since my Permanent Resident Card expired on the 7th of October 2015 and they told me to contact BSSGlobal.com (http://www.bssglobal.com/). Has anybody any idea what this site is all about? How do I submit my application? Please help.
The visa processing office mandated by CIC in Cairo is
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/egypt-egypte/highlights-faits/2013/VAC_CRDV.aspx?lang=en

Heidif

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hello,
Thank you for your reply. I submitted the application. I fulfilled the time requirement but did not have the Landing Document. I only photocopied my Permanent Resident Card. Does this encumber acceptance for me to receive the Travel Document? What is the maximum validity of the Travel Document?

Heidif

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Why don't you answer my questions? I'm really worried about the validity of the Travel Document.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Heidif said:
Why don't you answer my questions? I'm really worried about the validity of the Travel Document.
People on this site are spending their own free time to help others. If you don't like the answers you're getting, go spend some money and hire a lawyer or a consultant. The more you complain about people not responding quickly enough for your liking, the less responses you'll get.