+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR........ Please help

IMG21

Jul 15, 2012
Hi everyone,

We are a family of 4 (me, my wife,and 2 kids) have landed in Canada in July 2007, and we only stayed for one month, because of my son who needs to finish collage first. The plan was to go all and live in Canada for good after he finish.

The problem is he will finish collage next year (June 2013) and our PR is already expired.

We can't renew the PR because we don't meet the requirement

So my question is how can we enter Canada next summer??, some people said we can enter through US even with 1 year expired PR

Guild me please......

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are you from a visa exempt country?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't see any mitigating circumstances you could claim in order to keep your PR. You could have moved to Canada and left your son in old country or what would have been even better for him if you wanted him to settle in Canada would have been if you had made him transfer to a Canadian college to complete his education in Canada. If he is just completing college now, he can not have been far along with his studies back in 2007.

You can try going to the US and entering in a private or rented car at the US border and see what happens. With expired PR cards and no time in Canada, I think it is likely that they will report you for not meeting the PR residency requirements in which case you would have to appeal for your PR. Even if they do not report you, certain things can be hard to arrange without a valid PR card. You could have a problem getting health insurance and drivers licenses for example. If you don't get reported on entry and manage to stay for 2 years without leaving, you would meet the residency requirements again and could apply to renew your PR cards.

IMG21

Jul 15, 2012
Leon said:
I don't see any mitigating circumstances you could claim in order to keep your PR. You could have moved to Canada and left your son in old country or what would have been even better for him if you wanted him to settle in Canada would have been if you had made him transfer to a Canadian college to complete his education in Canada. If he is just completing college now, he can not have been far along with his studies back in 2007.

You can try going to the US and entering in a private or rented car at the US border and see what happens. With expired PR cards and no time in Canada, I think it is likely that they will report you for not meeting the PR residency requirements in which case you would have to appeal for your PR. Even if they do not report you, certain things can be hard to arrange without a valid PR card. You could have a problem getting health insurance and drivers licenses for example. If you don't get reported on entry and manage to stay for 2 years without leaving, you would meet the residency requirements again and could apply to renew your PR cards.
I also forget to mention that my daughter is the last year of school and I can't change her teaching atmosphere in this year, because it will affect her chances in getting to collage.

I admit that I make a mistake by not staying in the first time, but now I want to get to Canada and live there

I just want a way to get in Canada next year