28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Brilliant!

Thanks so much and that's ok about Alberta PNP. If that's the law then that's the law. I'm totally ok with doing it correctly and waiting my own turn.

Thanks so much for the link!

BTW, do you recommend using a lawyer? If so, on average, how much might we be talking about? (also I understand that lawyers prices vary, etc. I'm talking ballpark).

Can I ask you a question? You don't have to answer if you do not wish, I understand, but could you share how you did it? Got your PR I mean.

Thanks again!
It's entirely your choice if you use a lawyer or not. If you are prepared to do significant research and work on your own (many do this), no lawyer is required. If you're not willing / able to do the research yourself, you're looking at around $5K for good representation.

I was born in Canada. I sponsored my husband for PR.

C.Hauser

Feb 28, 2021
It's entirely your choice if you use a lawyer or not. If you are prepared to do significant research and work on your own (many do this), no lawyer is required. If you're not willing / able to do the research yourself, you're looking at around $5K for good representation.

I was born in Canada. I sponsored my husband for PR.
That's awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing! And $5 grand isn't too bad! Thanks again!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume you must have your reasons why you want to move to Canada but if you have an MBA I would be looking at differences in salaries between the US and Canada. The difference may be quite substantial while the cost of living can often be higher depending on where you live in the US and where you want to move to in Canada.