+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR Card

rpriya

Feb 25, 2008
My mother's PR card expired on May 08. She's been living out of the country for the past 2 years. She would like to return to Canada now and needs to apply for temporary travel document. How can she prove her required 730 days of physical presence in Canada? Would the Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada be sufficient? Also there are no exit stamps on her passport when she left Canada. How would the Immigration track this information? Please advise. Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does she have an interac card or a visa card she used while in Canada? If she could get statements back in time, that would be the best way to prove she was living there. How Canada immigration is tracking her, they will not tell you. They may be sharing information with the US border and who knows who else but you don't know what they know.

rpriya

Feb 25, 2008
I called the Immigration and they said the more important thing for her to prove is when she was out of Canada and not while she was here. She lives with my brother in Malaysia and doesn't have any mortgage or lease per se on her name there. She also has only 630 days of physical presence in Canada in the last 5 years as I cannot count 2003 period when she was here. I can only go back up to 2004 so she is short by 100 days.

Can she write a letter based on the compassionate and humanitarian grounds and explain why she was away and why she wants to come back to Canada and resume her status here. I recently had a second baby who has medical condition and needs special care. I would like her to come and help me care for my child when I return back to work. Would this reason suffice?