+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR Card

Zed1

Apr 7, 2012
Hi

Can someone please help me with my question??

I applied as a Skilled Worker on Point System. I from UK and landed in Canada in Toronto 2000 with
my 2 children.

My son and I applied for Canadian Citizenship and became Canadian in 2004 but my daughter did not want
to apply as she was happy as she was and thought she will not need to.

She left 1st time for UK to spend time with her grand mother in 2005 after my father (grand father) passed
away in 2003. My daughter kept coming and going in between 2005 until now.

In 2010 my mother passed away and my daughter had a baby son last year 2011 and now back in Canada
with her baby.

My question is can she apply for Canadian Citizenship or not???
Also can she apply for her son to become Canadian with her??

Please help me with these questions or please would someone guide me as I dont want to spend 1 moment apart
from my daughter and my grand child???

Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does your daughter meet the residency requirements of 1095 days in Canada in the last 4 years? If not, then she can not apply for citizenship for herself nor for her son who by the way must first become a PR before she can apply for citizenship for him.

Does she meet the residency requirements for PR's of 730 days in Canada in the last 5 years? If not, she should stay in Canada for now and not try to renew her PR card until she does. Applying too early could mean in the worst case scenario that she could lose her PR. Waiting until she meets the requirements is fine though. She is still a PR until somebody decides that she is not. She is allowed to work etc. even if her PR card expires. She needs to sponsor her son for PR though.

Zed1

Apr 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your reply as it has helped in planning what my daughter
should do next to obtain her Canadian Citizenship for her self and her son future.

Regarding your question about my daughter meeting the residency requirements for
PR's of 730 days in Canada in the last 5 years? My answer to that is yes she does.

In this case how and where can she apply and what paper work will required by the
Immigration in this matter?

How and where can she sponsor her son for PR? What application forms does she need?

This website is a great useful to many questions that people like myself have and
don't know who to turn too for advice and guidance.
So keep up the great work and I pray that this website become a success.
I will definitely tell my friends and family about this website as it has helped me and
it may help them too.

Thank you so much for replying to my question so quickly.

I would like to just add one thing. Is there anyway that an email can be sent to the
questioner? I had come on this website just by chance to see if there had been any
response.

Anyway good luck to you and may God bless you and your family.

Zed

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she meets the requirements of 730 days in the past 5 years, she may apply to renew her PR card if it is about to expire or already has, instructions for that here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-how.asp#step1

In order to sponsor her son, there are some forms here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

There is no specific income requirement to sponsor a dependent child but she can not be on welfare or in active bankrupcty. She may have to prove that she has full custody of him in order for him to be allowed to immigrate or at least that the father approves.

Once she reaches 1095 days in Canada in a 4 year period, she may apply for citizenship for herself and the son at the same time.

Zed1

Apr 7, 2012
Requirements For International Student

Hi Leon

Its me again Zahida :)

I need some more of your expert advice but this time on
a well educated cousins daughter who will be completing
her BA this year BUT wants to study further.

How can she apply for Visa as an International Students
and what are the requirements?

We dont want to use agents as they are too expensive and
anyway I am sure the application can not be that had to fill in.

Please would you guide me all the procedure in applying for
Visa as an International Student to study in Canada!!!

She will be coming from Lahore Pakistan.

I shall be waiting for your reply and I will be check this website
oftenly as I will NOT know if you have replied or not.

Your doing a great job may you get recognized for all the help
that you are giving to people like me.

Good Luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Information for student visas can be found here on the CIC web site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp

If you want to discuss student visas on this forum, you should post to the International Students section of the forum:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/international-students-b2.0/

Zed1

Apr 7, 2012
I have been refused my renewed PR Card although I have given enough proof eg 5 years of Visa Credit Card statements, Notice of Assessments, 2 job letters, Bank letter ans 3 years of statements from Citifinancial Loan.

Now I have been told that the immigration offer will decide. I is wise to have a lawyer?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, now I am confused. In your first post, you say that you became a citizen in 2004 and it is your daughter who wants to renew her PR card and now you say that your PR card could not be renewed? Are you confusing yourself with your daughter? Your residing in Canada for the past 5 years is completely irrelevant. It is your daughter who needs to prove that she was in Canada for at least 730 days in the 5 years before she applied for the PR card renewal.

I would assume that her PR card has not been refused but that she has been asked for a residency questionnaire (RQ). Immigration sometimes does this if they believe the person may not have been in Canada when they said they were or sometimes on a random basis. She will have the opportunity to clear this up during an interview. She should prepare for this interview so it will go well.

You say she has been back and forth. She needs to account for every day in the 5 years before she applied to renew her PR card and this travel history needs to match her passport stamps and other data that CBSA has on her travels. She can order her travel history here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html

Aside from passport stamps which should prove the dates she entered Canada, she would also need to prove on which days she left. Such proof could be airline tickets and boarding cards. Credit card statements if she was using the card on a regular basis could show when she made purchases in Canada vs. overseas but it is not a definite proof because someone else may have been using the card. Having a job letter or school records from the time she was working or enrolled in courses in Canada can help. Having copies of pay slips will help. Having filed her taxes will help. If she can also go to her doctor and dentist and ask them or provide records for when she has visited, that might also help. All of those things put together may be enough to convince the immigration officer that she really was in Canada when she said she was. Present it in an organized way too. I would put it all in a binder in chronological order with some separation sheets marking each trip. The first page would be a list of her stays inside and outside Canada. Mark the trips with numbers or names like A, B, C etc. and write the same letter on the separation sheets. Trip A date 1 - date 2 for example. She should make copies of her passport and on the copies, she should circle each stamp and write on the copy which trip that was from.

Zed1

Apr 7, 2012
Please don't be confused . I myself became a citizen in 2004 not my daughter.
She has been a landed immigrant since 2000. She never applied.
She is not a very good organized person and is dyslectic.

I had helped her with her paperwork and my daughter shown the interviewer her 5 years Visa Credit Card statement with a letter from her branch, 5 years of Notice of Assessment with a letter from our accountant who files our Taxes, 2 job letters where she worked, 3 years Citifinancial statement where she had a loan from with a letter from them also.

My daughter had misplaced her passport while visiting her grandmother, she had to apply another passport from UK so all her previous record has gone. Her new passport had a visa from UAE as she got married there. That is ONLY valid for 6 months.

The lady at the PR Card office kept looking at my daughters paperwork especially the Visa Card statement and kept saying "I am looking for something to prove that you were NOT in Canada but I can't find anything. I know you were NOT in Canada and someone else was using your card".
"So I am sorry I am NOT going to give you the PR Card and you will now have to see a Immigration Officer as he/she will need to ask you further questions.
We spoken to her supervisor and he too said everything looks fine and that his college is Level 1 and can not over rule her decision. He also said that if my daughter leaves the country she will have to apply for PR Visa from Canadian Embassy".

We went 3 times and gave her what she asked for and told her what we will be able to provide. Are the paperwork NOT sufficient enough? What about her job letters, Notice of Assessments, letters from the accountant, Bank and Citifinancial??

We both felt as if the interviewer had some personal dislike with my daughter because she kept say why was she not with her husband and was my daughter planning to sponsor him?? Why did she have her baby outside Canada, although we had explained that my daughter went to visit her grandmother as she was sick (passed away during her visit) my daughter went into early delivery and had some complication, both mother and baby were at life rick and had her baby delivered by C section. The lady interviewer was NOT wanting to listen to anything that my daughter was saying in her defense as to her she felt that my daughter was making everything up.
The interviewer should ONLY be looking at how many days my daughter had been out of Canada. Dose the days from 2000 till 2012 NOT count

WHAT SHALL WE DO? My husband said we should get a lawyer. This is so wrong what the lady interviewer did!!!

Zed1

Apr 7, 2012
I am using Mother in-place of my daughter name and baby in-place of baby name.
COVERING LETTER SENT WITH APPLICATION:-

Case Processing Center – PR Card
210 George Street
P.O. Box 10020
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C1

To whom it may concern

1) Mother came into Canada with her mother and brother on 4th May 2000 (see copy of landed papers).

2) Mother misplaced her British Passport while she was visiting her Grandmother who was old and sick (see copy of misplaced passport).

3) Mother new British Passport was made on 13th December 2011 (see copy of new passport).

4) Mother worked for Brampton TV & Appliance from November 14th 2008 till November 26th 2010 (see copy of job letter).

5) Mother Grandmother became internally ill and she decided to quit her job and go to spend some quality time with her on the 1st week of December 2010 (cannot remember exact date).

6) Mother was pregnant and her baby was due in March 2012 but due to some complications in her pregnancy. The doctors had decided that the baby and mother were at risk and had to have her baby earlier. Had to go under a major operation (Cesarean Section) and her baby Ali was born on 19th January 2011 instead of March 2011 (see Ali birth certificate).
Mother became very ill after her surgery. Her baby was born only 1.5lb and premature. The doctors would not discharge mother or baby from the hospital until they both were fit to travel. During this time Grandmother passed away.

7) In March the doctors gave mother and baby permission to travel. Both mother and son went to Lahore Pakistan on 31st March 2011 to meet Ali Great Grandmother.
Went ill as her stitches from her C Section got infected. Managed to get better her baby Ail went ill with stomach flu. Finally husband came to Lahore Pakistan and husband took his wife and his son to Dubai on 11th August 2011 (see copies of baby passport for dates).

8) Mother and baby were only visitors of Dubai, they both had to leave and go back to Lahore Pakistan on 7th September 2011 till 15th September so that Mother husband could arrange visas for his family to stay with him and spend some quality time until mother was ready to go back to Canada with Ali (see Mother and baby passport copies for visa information).

9) Mother got married on 25th December 2009 while on vacation for 2 weeks (worked at Brampton TV & Appliances) and then got pregnant sometime in July 2010 (see copy of marriage certificate for date of marriage).

10) Mother and baby both arrived into Canada at Toronto Person Airport on 7th May 2012 and now residing with her parents in Mississauga.

11) Mother bank account was not active on her return so TD Canada Trust reactivated her account but due to the account being deactivated no past statements are available. TD Canada Trust gave mother a letter as to how long she had been with them (see copy of letter from bank).

List of photo copied documents with this covering letter:

1) Landed Papers
2) Health Card
3) Sin Card
4) Drivers Licence
5) Job Letter
6) Bank Letter
7) Letter From Notice Of Assessment
8) Mother New Passport
9) Mother Misplaced Passport
10) Mother Expired PR Card
11) Baby Birth Certificate
12) Baby Passport
13) Marriage Certificate
14) Husband Passport (Mother husband)

If there is anything further information required for this matter please contact on cell phone number ??????? or home number ???????.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not know when you applied to renew her card but if you applied in April 2012 for example, the time they look at is April 2007 until April 2012. During that 5 year period, she would have to have spent at least 730 days in Canada, not allowed to be outside more than 1095. Any time spent in Canada or outside Canada more than 5 years before you applied to renew does not count.

Having lost her passport is a bit of a problem beause they may suspect that she is trying to hide something.

Did you order her travel history from CBSA like I said to?

Her best proof that she was in Canada for at least 730 days is her job. You say she already has a letter. What does the letter say? Can you ask the employer to provide copies of all her pay slips? I assume she does not have them any more. The pay slips along with bank statements showing the money going into her account would show that she really did work there and they can even trace each week that she worked there because if the pay slip says she had worked x hrs. that week, she must have been in Canada in order to do that.

How about her dentist and her doctor? If she goes to each of them and asks for a statement from them on when she came to visit them during the past 5 years, that would show that she was in Canada at least on those days.

So what did the immigration officer say, just plain refused to renew her PR card and closed the application or is something else happening? If the application is closed, you can apply again but not until you have the extra evidence mentioned above that you should send along.

Zed1

Apr 7, 2012
We applied in July 2012 and the Visa Card Bank Statement is from 2007 till present. We could have gone further back. the job letters indicated that she worked 2 years for one company and the other company indicated that she worked for 3 years, thats 5 years. So from March 2005 till December 2010 my daughter had a job.
Her employee were helpful enough to help and give her the exact years that she had worked for them. I did ask for the payslips but they said we gave her cash and she worked part time in both companies and it is not possible to get payslips.
My daughter has not worked since 26th November 2010. The account gave us a letter stating that my daughter had be filling her tax from him since 2007. She told him she had worked for ex amount of hours so that she would be eligible for tax return.
It is very clear that my daughter will ONLY qualify if she has spent 730 days or more in Canada. just by her job letters she has been in Canada for 1826 days and the Visa Credit Card shows 5 years of using the card with payments.

Yes it is a shame that my daughter lost her passport. If she had it we would not be in this mess.

I do not have a printer so I will have to email the application and then go to some Internet Café and print it.

The doctor that she used to go to has closed his office in Sq1 Mississauga. I used to go there too. They do not have our records because something happened to their system that had their patient information. That was a walk in clinic in 2006. My daughter rarely goes to a doctor or a dentist. Its too expensive here in Canada so she avoids going no matter how sick she is. She did her pregnancy test at home and even with many arguments she didnt go to see any doctor during her pregnancy. Because of her behavior her baby and her own life was as risk. This is why she went into early labour and had to have an operation.

The lady at the PR Card office said that her case will be given to an immigration officer and he/she will decide if my daughter should get her PR Card because she was not satisfied with what we had given her.

Now we are waiting for a letter from the immigration office. We dont know if my daughter will be interviewed or asked for more proof.

The PR Card was ready for collection all this happened at the PR CARD COLLECTION OFFICE down town on 55 St Clair Ave E, Ste 200 Toronto, ON M4T 1L8

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see why they are suspicious. She has job letters but she worked for cash so there is no paper trail. I suppose she did not claim her income on her taxes either if she was paid cash?

I also do not understand why it is expensive for her to go to the doctor. If she was living in Canada and is a PR, she would have had health care. When you have a health card and you go to the doctor, you don't have to pay anything.

You definitely need to order the CBSA travel history and see if that matches your dates. If you have to apply for PR again, you want to make sure you cover every angle.

Did your daughter belong to any club, hobby, volunteer work, gym etc.? That could also help prove she was in Canada.

Zed1

Apr 7, 2012
Yes she did claim on her Tax that is why she has been getting Notice of Assessment. Like I said before our account gave
a letter that my daughter has been filling her Tax return by him since 2007.

The doctor is NOT expensive its the medication because we dont have a health plan.'

My daughter does not have any club, hobby but yes she id work in a shop in sales as a voluntary. There again she will only
be given a letter that she worked for them.

My daughter called the call center and they said that the file is still at 55 St Clair Ave E, Ste 200 Toronto, ON M4T 1L8 and
they a doing further investigation and it may take up to 20 months.

WOW that along time.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok whatever happened, happened now the problem is they are thinking tht u,guys are making it up I are just making it up so now she has to satisfy immigration. Don't be scared if u r right n not making it up ofcourse u can still prove it. So go step by step.
1. Get organized first,thing n before going for interview send everything to,them by registered mail so officer will have a clear pic. I had the same issue it,really,helped.
2. If don't have the passport atleast show the tickets boarding passes somethig.
3. Do get ur record of travel from canada border security which will be,the biggest prove.
4. Bank account get,statement from td deal with them nicely they will help u I went in 2006 came back 2010 still was able to get,record from 2006 I requested the bank they not only helped me but alsoo stamped them for me by,the way I also have td.
5 credit card is not enough proof ofcourse.
N above all if they are not accepting the,facts they still don't have any proof tht,she,was not in canada so be strong n clear there doubts.
If ur daughter,had a driver liscence or,insurance or any phone bills tht can also help. Best of luck